Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Updating of the "official" time thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Rob Petyo
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Updating of the "official" time thread

I'm new to all of this but it seems that I am reading about the fastest C5 or new best times and then I check the "sticky" thread on the top of the page and they do not match or are not being updated.

So I figure one would have to post in that thread to be included in the "official" times list thread for all to use as a quick reference, I did that, two days ago and my time wasn't included/updated. Last night I figured out how to use my scanner and scanned my slips and attached them. Okay, I'm not a computer person. . .

I understand people are busy and I certainly do not want to start any trouble here and get locked/banned whatever but I have been watching and waiting and no updates.

Now I see the record bolt on C5 is only 11.62x @ 114.75 and there is a thread going currently that says its 10.890@125.06. This, my friends, is a BIG difference IMHO.

How up to date is the Sticky? How often does it get updated? Should I just remove my post because none of the times matter? Did I miss another post where I had to sign up?

thanks
Rob
Old 12-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Kurtomac
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude read the thread...bolt C5 not C5Z record....btw...Nick is always updating that list...i dont think it ever goes 2 days without being updated....and he's not going to go through all the threads people post to put them on the list...if you want to be on the list post in the fast list thread
Old 12-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Kurtomac
Melting Slicks

btw it was updated Friday
Old 12-07-2008, 10:56 AM
BonestockZ06
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who cares about that list anyways. I think the integrity of that list is very questionable anyways. Now adays people claim ridiculous times and list only half their mods anyways, then it takes 150 post of Q & A's and still no turthful answers.

I for one know an individual who claimed to be stock on the fast list, but forgot that he slipped at the track couple of months ago and talked about how great his baby cam and ported heads where working with his setup .

Then you see them in here totally bypassing those mods, wtf.. You also have the one's who forget to say that the only thing in the car was a milk crate to sit on.. I gave up on that fast list since then..
Old 12-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Rob Petyo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
btw it was updated Friday
I must have just missed the update - thanks dude!

Still, Z06 External Engine Modifications (Bolt-Ons)
11.21x @ 122.30 and 10.890@125.06 is Huge!

I would have thought it would be on the list so when the general public (kids in particular, who dream of owning a Vette) use that list and don't read all of the threads, know what these cars are capable of.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Kurtomac
Melting Slicks

may be big but was never posted for him to update i wouldnt expect the fast list thread mod to dig through the threads...if you want to be on the list post in the thread
Old 12-07-2008, 12:24 PM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry. I must have updated on friday before you posted. If it makes you feel any better I was so busy yesterday I didnt actually eat my first meal of the day until 11pm.

Next....the reason I do not add times from every thread is

1-I may not read every thread or may just miss one every now and then.

2-I started doing that in the beginng of the list and was asked to remove times twice because people did not want it on the list. I thought it was weird but when it happened the second time I decided I will not add times unless I'm asked to. Besides all it takes it a PM or post in my thread to get there. If people don't want to take the time to do that. I wont take the time to add them.

So bottom line is I will not add unless asked to. A PM or post in my thread isn't to much to ask.

I do agree with boostez06 though. Not may people are honest around here. Take the times with a grain of salt is my advice. I know several people that are "not so honest" on the forum. I get to see a lot of these cars at the track. Way to many times the mods at the track don't match the mods listed in the thread. Unfortunate for anyone that comes here to learn only to be mislead because of peoples egos.

I'll update the list now.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Rob Petyo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by nickolbag

So bottom line is I will not add unless asked to. A PM or post in my thread isn't to much to ask.
Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't go to the track that often and I guess if I started improving my times by .10 of a second, I wouldn't be updating the thread.

Didn't think about the ego part.

Rob
Old 12-07-2008, 02:04 PM
98vettedave
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said Nick.Not all claims made are at all feasible when some thought is given.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:14 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Received 243 Likes on 188 Posts

Hey Nick.

on anoter note. Last pics I saw of your vette, both wheels were off the ground !! Been feeding the big chic a little more corn and potatoes....lol....

GO GET THAT TEN !!!

Pitt
Old 03-08-2015, 05:28 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by nickolbag
I know several people that are "not so honest" on the forum. I get to see a lot of these cars at the track. Way to many times the mods at the track don't match the mods listed in the thread. Unfortunate for anyone that comes here to learn only to be mislead because of peoples egos.
Unfortunately blinded people like this are allowed to make false statements that attack one's character for their own selfish motives.
And after proven wrong you might expect they weren't man enough to apologize. Worst off they use their extremely limited power on the forum as a list keeper and unfounded biased opinions to taint the integrity of list.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:42 AM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robz
Unfortunately blinded people like this are allowed to make false statements that attack one's character for their own selfish motives.
And after proven wrong you might expect they weren't man enough to apologize. Worst off they use their extremely limited power on the forum as a list keeper and unfounded biased opinions to taint the integrity of list.

Get notified of new replies

To Updating of the "official" time thread

Quick Reply: Updating of the "official" time thread