Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

433rwhp with stock parts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:38 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Default 433rwhp with stock parts!

Only part not stock was the cam. Lingenfelter GT1-1. stock tb, stock airbrigde, ls6 heads, ls6 intake, (both ported) new stock lifters, long tube headers (american racing) oh, I already had a vararam, but it was not a factor on the dyno. The dyno was a Mustang Dyno. No expensive heads or Fast intake. I am amazed at the outcome, with stock parts. I have a 03 ls1 vert.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:52 PM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

stock valvetrain??? Im not expert but isn't that a little risky? I cant imagine that lasting long. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:15 PM
SABLKZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great numbers! i was pleased with my car too when i made 442rwhp with MS4, headers, and cai. what are the specs on your cam? congrats again
Old 05-16-2007, 02:03 AM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by nickolbag
stock valvetrain??? Im not expert but isn't that a little risky? I cant imagine that lasting long. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you.
New valves and comp. springs, good for 650 lift. The heads are ls6 and have been ported.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:04 AM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SABLKZ06
great numbers! i was pleased with my car too when i made 442rwhp with MS4, headers, and cai. what are the specs on your cam? congrats again
Thanks, 631 lift 229/242 duration 114 lsa.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:38 AM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Lots of posts about the new setup. Im assuming you LOVE it. Ever gonna take it to the track?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:49 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Stock rocker arms are not a problem. Don't forget that the new LS7 Z06 engine uses the same type of rocker arm. He does have hardened and .083" thick push rods to resist any flexing under the new heavy springs. Otherwise, the heads are GM 243 LS6 castings with larger valves and the appropriate springs for the GT1-1. For all street applications GM rocker arms are adquate, in some cases where the car is going to be on the track, I suggest a shaft mount solution such as the Comp, Crane or Yella Terra rockers. Jessels are great but usually a bit high on pricing for most customers.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:21 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tjwong
Stock rocker arms are not a problem. Don't forget that the new LS7 Z06 engine uses the same type of rocker arm. He does have hardened and .083" thick push rods to resist any flexing under the new heavy springs. Otherwise, the heads are GM 243 LS6 castings with larger valves and the appropriate springs for the GT1-1. For all street applications GM rocker arms are adquate, in some cases where the car is going to be on the track, I suggest a shaft mount solution such as the Comp, Crane or Yella Terra rockers. Jessels are great but usually a bit high on pricing for most customers.
My thanks goes to Tom at Tom Wong Performance for an outstanding job on my LS1 which is now a LS6. Thanks so much Tom 433rwhp with stock parts! If any of you are thinking of h/c swap he will get-her done.Also remember everyone that the mustang dyno is a bit conservative! Tom, I am still easin into the new power. I have yet to go through the gears, just hard in first, it scared the sh*** out of me, but I love to be scared. You da man in da house
Old 05-16-2007, 07:22 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Lots of posts about the new setup. Im assuming you LOVE it. Ever gonna take it to the track?
a, a, a, yah maaaan
Old 05-16-2007, 07:26 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Tom, someone asked me if you had to fly cut the pistons, and as I recall you did not, can you explain? Hot Rod
Old 05-16-2007, 07:42 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

wish you were closer, I would bring it over and show her off
Old 05-16-2007, 07:53 PM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by tjwong
Understood as most H/C packages are set up that way. Buth the statement that the only part not stock is the cam is a little misleading since the springs and pushrods aren't. I guess its open to debate but I wouldnt consider ported heads a "stock part". Yes they are stock ls6 castings but nowhere near what came off the factory line. I assumed it came with the appropriate valvetrain like it did but just wanted to clear the air. No doubt, good numbers

Originally Posted by hotrod03
Also remember everyone that the mustang dyno is a bit conservative!
10-15% conservative!

a, a, a, yah maaaan
It gets addicting. I just started dragging my car and can never wait to go back! Im anxious to see if your car can back up its numbers at the track. Any other mods to your car? Like a clutch to handle the new power or a hardned output shaft?

wish you were closer, I would bring it over and show her off
Haha, opposite sides of the country. Glad to see your loving it so much.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:07 PM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Only part not stock was the cam. Lingenfelter GT1-1. stock tb, stock airbrigde, ls6 heads, ls6 intake, (both ported) new stock lifters, long tube headers (american racing) oh, I already had a vararam, but it was not a factor on the dyno. The dyno was a Mustang Dyno. No expensive heads or Fast intake. I am amazed at the outcome, with stock parts. I have a 03 ls1 vert.
You are about as far from stock as I am
Old 05-17-2007, 09:01 PM
LEANDRO
Burning Brakes

congrats on the numbers
Old 05-17-2007, 09:40 PM
bandit_99
Burning Brakes

stock parts... nice numbers for a heads and cam package.

Why don't you post the dyno sheet?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:21 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

I will try, came out so light, I will darken it a little and post it.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:25 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by chaase
You are about as far from stock as I am
Sorry guys, you are right. I have stock heads and intake but the intake is not really stock it is ported. The same with the heads, bigger valves, comp springs. My point was i guess is that i did not have to buy expensive heads and intake, or rockers. you guys are right they are not stock parts. I stand corrected, thanks for correcting me, i just got so excited i guess.

Get notified of new replies

To 433rwhp with stock parts!

Old 05-17-2007, 10:36 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Understood as most H/C packages are set up that way. Buth the statement that the only part not stock is the cam is a little misleading since the springs and pushrods aren't. I guess its open to debate but I wouldnt consider ported heads a "stock part". Yes they are stock ls6 castings but nowhere near what came off the factory line. I assumed it came with the appropriate valvetrain like it did but just wanted to clear the air. No doubt, good numbers

10-15% conservative!

It gets addicting. I just started dragging my car and can never wait to go back! Im anxious to see if your car can back up its numbers at the track. Any other mods to your car? Like a clutch to handle the new power or a hardned output shaft?

Haha, opposite sides of the country. Glad to see your loving it so much.
i am going to have to get a clutch that will take the power. what would you suggest? i was thinking the ls7 clutch
Old 05-17-2007, 10:57 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bandit_99
stock parts... nice numbers for a heads and cam package.

Why don't you post the dyno sheet?
Old 05-17-2007, 11:03 PM
hotrod03
Melting Slicks

I am pretty happy, there was a C6 in the shop that had a Fast intake, ported larger tb,he installed a new cam (not sure the specs) and had a tune, and of course 383 cubic inches. He made 12rwhp LESS than my LS1 (which is basically a LS6 now)!

Quick Reply: 433rwhp with stock parts!