Black Car Washing Techniques

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 01:35 PM
tbuzy
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Car Washing Techniques

All

Purchased my black corvette last Saturday. My first black car. Have washed it twice since then. Waxed it once. I am having a hard time keeping water spots from forming on the paint. I have tried both a chamois and a leaf blower. Still no luck.

At this point I am going to have it professionally detailed. Once that is complete, and the paint is looking clean again, what are some techniques to washing a black car that I can use to avoid water spots and streaks?

Thanks.
Tyler
Old 06-29-2014, 01:38 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Get the Master Blaster. Add a RV water filter to your hose. It takes some of the stuff that makes spots out.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:43 PM
tbuzy
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I will be researching the RV filter. Looks like the life span on them is pretty good (6 months or 600 gallons).
Old 06-29-2014, 03:20 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tbuzy
Thanks. I will be researching the RV filter. Looks like the life span on them is pretty good (6 months or 600 gallons).
Get them cheap at Wally World. I buy them there for my RV and after 1 trip they are car wash filters. They last much longer than that unless the water you have has a lot of contaminants. Chlorine will plug them up but they hold a lot of that. When flows starts to slow get a new one.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:52 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I know it has nothing to do with water spots and streaks...which is what you are asking about.

But...I have several wash towels when washing a NICE black Corvette. One for up high and top surfaces....then another for around the middle of the doors and one for panels down low where the tires/wheels kick up crap and get it to stick on the paint. And one for JUST the wheels. I am more worried about micro scratches due to dirt being pushed around the car with a dirty contaminated wash towel.

I am not worried about spots or streaks because I do not wash it when it is HOT or in the SUN. And knowing how to rinse one off without creating water droplets all over the place does not hurt either. Makes drying it off a lot easier.

DUB
Old 06-29-2014, 09:15 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you guys mean by RV Filters?? Is this the RV/Marine drinking filters? And use them to filter the water your using to clean the car???
Old 06-29-2014, 10:02 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

They just hook to the hose and take the chlorine and sediment out. They are plastic wiht hose fittings on the ends.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:15 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by duramaxsky
They just hook to the hose and take the chlorine and sediment out. They are plastic wiht hose fittings on the ends.

Cool, ill give one a shot!

Get notified of new replies

To Black Car Washing Techniques

Quick Reply: Black Car Washing Techniques