Can I save it

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 02:52 PM
Jack605
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 118 Posts

Default Can I save it

Took most of the filler off the front quarter panel and I do not like the condition of the fiberglass underneath, Can this be saved if so how.
Attached Images   
Old 05-28-2014, 06:15 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

YES it can...but it will be up to you if you want to put the TIME into getting it prepped and repaired...versus...buying new panels....and bonding them in place.

Without seeing the entire car...I can only comment on what you have shown.

DUB
Old 05-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Jack605
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
YES it can...but it will be up to you if you want to put the TIME into getting it prepped and repaired...versus...buying new panels....and bonding them in place.

Without seeing the entire car...I can only comment on what you have shown.

DUB
That is the worse side, the back is okay doors are good but I think someone used way to much grinder on the front and it was hit on that front side.

How much work would it be to replace the whole front?
Old 05-29-2014, 05:50 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack605
That is the worse side, the back is okay doors are good but I think someone used way to much grinder on the front and it was hit on that front side.

How much work would it be to replace the whole front?
It all depends...a one-piece front end...versus a top hood surround, bonding strips and fenders.

I assume by the photos that the car is a 1968-1972.

Getting a one-piece or the other option is quite a lot of work. So many small things that need to be done in both scenarios.

Getting a one-piece to fit correctly is a challenge due to the firewall/cowl plenum area.
Some go on with no problem and fit...while others may take a bit of re-working to get them to fit....because no two Corvettes are exactly the same.

You can EASILY have (without even batting an eye) a week+ in getting it off and on....count on more than that. Book time on the top hood surround ONLY is 30 hours.

Like I wrote before...I would have to see all what I had to fix and see if doing a repair would be cost and time effective.

Nothing is "plug in and play" when dealing with this. It is going to be time consuming either way you choose.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Can I save it

Quick Reply: Can I save it