Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

77 Engine compartment

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Jr. Corvette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 77 Engine compartment

I'm 17 and own a L82 E77 corvette. I've recently decided to take off my hood and fix the horrible mistakes that the previous owner made. I thought while I have the hood off, I may as well paint the engine compartment. It's fibreglass, as is the hood (duh). I need some suggestions on a good paint that is good quality and I won't have to order. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Jr. Corvette
Heel & Toe

Hm. Don't think I've ever been more insulted ever on this forum. For your information I saved up since I was 8 to buy a car as my sister had totalled the one that was going to be mine. I was very smart financially and found this car for sale by a guy who was previously devorsed (the car showed her work on it if you know what I mean). As this is a Canadian corvette forum, I didn't feel the need to fill out all my information as this could lead to identity theft and is unneeded. If you wondered where I live just ask and don't call me out on it! I live in Alberta Canada where it IS LEGAL to own a car at the age of 15! Getting back to topic I've restored it completely, putting in new carpet, repainting seat backs and other parts, rebuilding steering column, engine work with new Edlebrock manifold, Holley 650 cfm carb, headers, alternator, REPAINTING CHASIS, etc. I may be a 'kid' but try talking to me like a human being. I know we'll enough what to do as my father taught me. Thanks for the advice but I got better information else where on the forum. Have some respect.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:01 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

unnecessary post removed...
Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 AM
929nitro
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Are you looking to paint with a paint gun or spray cans?
Old 05-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Jr. Corvette
Heel & Toe

Preferably rattle cans.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:52 PM
929nitro
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

If you are planning rattle can the advise you received in the general section from Alan and others is about as good as you will get for SEMS check your local autobody supply house.

You mentioned a crack in one of the wheel wells I believe. Post pictures if you can before you just start covering it with filler that was recommended. Sounds like you have done a lot of good work so far and may as well make sure you repair this properly for a long lasting repair.

Get notified of new replies

To 77 Engine compartment

Quick Reply: 77 Engine compartment