Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Exposed epoxy while block sanding

Old 03-14-2014, 12:31 AM
vetteset8087
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exposed epoxy while block sanding

I'm working on an 87 Vette that was media blasted. I did all of my bodywork and sprayed 2 coats of PCL Epoxy prime and seal, Then 2 coats of featherfill G2 and block sanded with guide coat. In a couple area I exposed some epoxy when I was block sanding. I need to spray 2 more coats of the featherfill to finish blocking. Can I just spray more Featherfill G2 over the exposed epoxy ? or should I spray more epoxy over the exposed epoxy then spray Featherfill ? I sprayed the epoxy about 2 weeks ago so I'm outside the recoat window. I have one area that's about 1.5 inches in diameter the rest are about dime size.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:01 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

CALL the tech line for the epoxy primer and ask them if the G2 will properly mechanically and chemically cross-link and bond to your exposed epoxy.

You should have gotten a Product Information Bulletin with the epoxy when you purchased it....if not... get one or like I wrote...call the tech line.

Usually it is no problem in the G2 going right back over the epoxy primer. BUT I do not use that type of epoxy primer so I can not say for a FACT that it will work.

DUB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exposed epoxy while block sanding