Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Help With Real Flames

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Loc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Real Flames

Ok here is the story. I bought a car off the forum last June. It belonged to the member 6 Kids. It is a black 2001 Coupe with extensive real flame paint under the hood (pic below). I am looking at having a couple other things painted to match. Does anyone know who he had do the paint? or anyone that could replicate the paint? I have attempted to contact him with no luck on the forum or by phone. Any help would be appreciated. I have looked online and found alot of people who can do the work but would like the same artist.

Thanks
Old 03-08-2013, 10:17 PM
markids77
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might be no help, but have you looked very closely at the stuff you have? A lot of these artists sign their work.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:54 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

All I can say is that if you are trying to have the next painter match what has already been painted...(like in your photo you posted). You will need to send them a piece to match off of. Due to so many styles and way of doing a "real flame" paint scheme. Trying to find what colors and candies (if any) were used.

DUB
Old 03-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Loc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am guessing it will not be able to be matched. If I don't find away to contact the previous member then I will just have to hold off on doing it. I would rather not have something painted that will not match. I was unable to find a signature anywhere on the paint work.

Get notified of new replies

To Help With Real Flames

Quick Reply: Help With Real Flames