Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Window Indexing for my Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 02:13 AM
STi FR3AK
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Indexing for my Subaru

Hey fellas. Recently a buddy showed me his window indexing that I've never seen before. I have an 06 Subaru STI that I would love to do a modification to have this feature. What is it that makes this work and how? Just a window motor? what is it powered/connected to? I tried searching but kept getting windows XP indexing etc. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:41 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I think you are on then wrong Forum. Those that comment here mainly comment on Corvette issues. Not knowing the way that this Subaru is configured and assembled....you might find that no one will have an answer to this issue.....unless you post A LOT of information...such as.... what the heck is this "window indexing" you are talking about????? Get more info from your friend and/or have him help you do it to your Subaru.

"DUB"
Old 04-06-2011, 01:36 AM
STi FR3AK
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I searched on google and found that's the term for the option that yalls corvettes, camaros, mustangs, cadillacs and a couple others have when you unlock the car, the windows drop 1/2'' then when you close the door the window closes automatically. Believe me, I'm on 3 other Subaru forums and nobody has a clue what it even is so I thought I'd ask people who have this option.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 PM
CF6873
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm quite certain that any car that features window indexing has a BCM
(body control module) that controls the function.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:59 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I am aware of this function...which is used on the new Corvette(C6 models). And I do believe that it is controlled by the BCM...even though I am not at work where my manuals are located. SO...depending on how Subaru controls this function...you may need to look into it via a manual.

I am sorry if I can across a bit "snippy". But with all of the terms used in the automotive marketplace. Trying to figure out what some engineer wants to call something (for their manufacturer)...and having it be close to something else ( from another manufacturer)...does make it confusing....especially if they are not describing the same thing It all boils down to if the vehicle requires it or not. With all of these voices in MY HEAD...I can not hear myself think sometimes. Sorry again for any disrespect.

"DUB"

Get notified of new replies

To Window Indexing for my Subaru

Quick Reply: Window Indexing for my Subaru