Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

2024 Corvette Caravan for the NCM 30th Anniversary Event

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 12:50 PM
ZZZZZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2024 Corvette Caravan for the NCM 30th Anniversary Event

Greetings PNW Corvette folks,

We are joining the caravan from Issaquah, WA, this will be our first. Really looking forward to it!

Question: We are likely going to be pressed for time getting back home to our work lives. Has anyone had experience with shipping their car, and flying home from Nashville, Dayton, etc.? The problem I am seeing is pinning a shipping company down on an exact pick-up date in BG, Nashville, etc. I checked with the Museum, and they referred me to their preferred list of shippers. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to pin down an exact pick-up time so that we can plan our flight home.

It would be nice to know someone in Nashville who would offer a spot in their driveway for a few days until the car can get picked up.

Thanks for any advice.
Nick

Last edited by ZZZZZR1; 04-15-2024 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-16-2024, 08:40 AM
kenthomas4
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZZZZR1
Greetings PNW Corvette folks,

We are joining the caravan from Issaquah, WA, this will be our first. Really looking forward to it!

Question: We are likely going to be pressed for time getting back home to our work lives. Has anyone had experience with shipping their car, and flying home from Nashville, Dayton, etc.? The problem I am seeing is pinning a shipping company down on an exact pick-up date in BG, Nashville, etc. I checked with the Museum, and they referred me to their preferred list of shippers. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to pin down an exact pick-up time so that we can plan our flight home.

It would be nice to know someone in Nashville who would offer a spot in their driveway for a few days until the car can get picked up.

Thanks for any advice.
Nick
I would contact your Co-Captain John Elegant. He is well connected in the BG area. If you are not yet a member of the Pacific Northwest Corvette Caravan facebook page, I’d sign up for that as well and ask the question there.
Old 04-16-2024, 02:22 PM
CorvetteSparky
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts

Maybe rather than try to nail down an exact pickup time, have the car picked up the day before you fly out.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:16 AM
ZZZZZR1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kenthomas4
I would contact your Co-Captain John Elegant. He is well connected in the BG area. If you are not yet a member of the Pacific Northwest Corvette Caravan facebook page, I’d sign up for that as well and ask the question there.
Thanks, I have emailed John and not heard back. Perhaps he is picking up yet another new car ;-)

The Facebook page for the Pacific NW Caravan has also been pinged, no help there yet.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:17 AM
ZZZZZR1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CorvetteSparky
Maybe rather than try to nail down an exact pickup time, have the car picked up the day before you fly out.
Thanks, that's exactly the strategy I've tried, but there is just no way to pin down a shipping company with a pick-up date. You can pay extra for a guaranteed date, but they still give themselves at least a day of leeway "just in case.'

Get notified of new replies

To 2024 Corvette Caravan for the NCM 30th Anniversary Event

Quick Reply: 2024 Corvette Caravan for the NCM 30th Anniversary Event