Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

C8... anyone stepped up yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 06:32 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Default C8... anyone stepped up yet?

Just happened to be browsing the forum and sipping really cheap Peanut Grease - or is it Pinot Gris - as my first wife insists?

Just curious. how well the orders are coming in for the new mid-engined Corvette. I suspect most who have commiied will not admit it yet as they want to surprise others when they take delivery.

Are the dealers inflating the prices? How long for delivery are they quoting?

That's all
Old 12-12-2019, 06:49 PM
Fiberbundle
Burning Brakes

Received 340 Likes on 263 Posts

I spoke to someone who had one ordered but gave his allocation number to someone else when the salesman called him and let him know the owner was now adding 25k above msrp for delivery. I am not sure if the numbers are real but I have no reason to doubt this person. It was ordered out of McClury in the tri-city’s area.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:00 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Interestingly, McClury is the only dealership in the entire PNW to actually have a C8 to view and that will happen in February.

FWIW< my understanding is that the big dealers (back east) have somewhere around 1400 pre-orders in an ready to go
Old 12-31-2019, 01:42 PM
00Midnight
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Lee Johnson is at MSRP for ordering. $5k to hold your order. they only have a couple (out of 22) order "slots" left. So someone is pre ordering...
Old 01-05-2020, 01:28 PM
kdlp
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

I reside in Alaska and (in October and November) made 19 phone calls to Chevy dealers in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. I never did find one that would take an order at MSRP. ADM's ranged from $5K to $12.5K. I won't say that there weren't ANY dealers at MSRP because I didn't call them all. I have no problem with a deposit when the order is taken but refused to pay an ADM. Ultimately I placed my order with a dealer about an hour from the factory/museum and (hopefully) will pick up my C8 there sometime next summer.

BTW, I now read that some of the dealers who had ADM's in October have now backed off. I also find it interesting that only one dealer in the Pac NW is paying to host the GM Corvette road show. (McCurley - Feb 10) Also, I did hear a rumor that the C8 may be at the Portland Car Show later in Feb.

kdlp

Old 01-05-2020, 05:05 PM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Manchester - Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a friend who ordered one from Sands Chev in Surprise AZ, and expects to get it in late Feb. No second sticker, straight invoice cost.

Get notified of new replies

To C8... anyone stepped up yet?

Quick Reply: C8... anyone stepped up yet?