Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

OFFICIAL opening day of E@RTC April 7'th 2018 PNW - GTG/RALLY

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 01:22 PM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

I won't be there this weekend, but note that there is a new entrance for participants due to traffic issues: https://www.exoticsat.com/blog/2018/...will-be-a-test
Old 05-03-2018, 11:19 PM
Awesterbeck
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I’ll be there this weekend. I did some paint correction on the car today so it’s looking yellow haha. Not sure if I’ll be there at 8 but I’ll do my best.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:49 AM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 520 Likes on 295 Posts

Anybody else going to this madhouse tomorrow?

Thanks for the heads up on the new entrance route, Dan.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:10 PM
Awesterbeck
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

My car won’t be there tomorrow since someone pulled out in front of me this morning. *sobs*
Old 05-05-2018, 09:29 AM
spllbnd2
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to see this but glad no one was hurt. Hope to see the car repaired back to new soon.

I'll be heading to the event soon. Probably see everyone there at the garage around 8.

Last edited by spllbnd2; 05-05-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:36 AM
NSFW
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 137 Posts

Zero Corvettes at the top of the garage at 8:30.... Am I early or am I late?

Ogling Italian cars now....
Old 05-05-2018, 01:08 PM
spllbnd2
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was there at both the garages between 8:15 and 8:30. No corvettes and got directed by the staff to enter the lineup. But of course I got turned away. Lol
Old 05-05-2018, 03:14 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Just got back about an hour ago. Looks as though the dam finally broke and I've never seen so many cars turn out. Weather was perfect, I'd say. The E@RTC volunteers must be very tired by now, but they did an excellent job, I think. I often take photos for my own files, but it was difficult to do so with so many people. I just left my Kodak Brownie in my pocket.

What's with this - I'll call it - "The valve-bending, my rev limiter is cooler than yours" ad-hoc event that seems to involve so many drivers on leaving the event? Clearly, it seems to be the highlight for a lot of younger people who line up along the parkway. Call me old - I am - but what's the big deal and, secondly, why aren't the Redmond cops hiding nearby to add $ to their annual Policeman's Ball fund. (or, on the other hand, Kudos to the Rdmond Police for allowing a little fun..

I must say though that I was pleased to see a nice turnout of Corvettes allowed a place of pride. Wonder how many people appreciated the history and significance of that dark blue C1 race car that was displayed. Arguably, that was a more important part of NW racing history than most of the attendees didn't know (or care).

Time for my nap. This is a forum, remember.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:38 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

You actually showed up there Phil I never saw you. Spent time with Aaron and Pat, but never saw you there. Spent time in the my Z and tons of people were there today.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:16 AM
Beltfedbob
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JETninja
You actually showed up there Phil I never saw you. Spent time with Aaron and Pat, but never saw you there. Spent time in the my Z and tons of people were there today.
Were you parked in row 3 next to the ZL1's ?
Old 05-06-2018, 02:42 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Actually, I saw your car (looking good as always) but I passed you on the right as you were waiting at the light at Redmond Way and E Lake Sammamish PkWay. I was going to slow down, and wave but didn't want to get hit in rear by some entitled driver heading back to their estate in Plateaupia. As always I was aboard the C6 Aero Lightweight (one of 42)
Old 05-06-2018, 03:25 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

WA Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Beltfedbob
Were you parked in row 3 next to the ZL1's ?
I was parked next to a new Grand Sport. Other C7's were further down the row on #3.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:36 PM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Just got back about an hour ago. Looks as though the dam finally broke and I've never seen so many cars turn out. Weather was perfect, I'd say. The E@RTC volunteers must be very tired by now, but they did an excellent job, I think. I often take photos for my own files, but it was difficult to do so with so many people. I just left my Kodak Brownie in my pocket.

What's with this - I'll call it - "The valve-bending, my rev limiter is cooler than yours" ad-hoc event that seems to involve so many drivers on leaving the event? Clearly, it seems to be the highlight for a lot of younger people who line up along the parkway. Call me old - I am - but what's the big deal and, secondly, why aren't the Redmond cops hiding nearby to add $ to their annual Policeman's Ball fund. (or, on the other hand, Kudos to the Rdmond Police for allowing a little fun..

I must say though that I was pleased to see a nice turnout of Corvettes allowed a place of pride. Wonder how many people appreciated the history and significance of that dark blue C1 race car that was displayed. Arguably, that was a more important part of NW racing history than most of the attendees didn't know (or care).

Time for my nap. This is a forum, remember.
That drives us insane as volunteers and we always invite Redmond PD to help calm drivers but they rarely ever show. On the plus side I like that they aren't too strict, but we're all afraid of the day some idiot causes an accident. We might even look into hiring off-duty officers to just park their patrol cars there with the lights on if we can get enough sponsor budget. Thank you so much for attending and the kind words!

Last edited by HeyDanNiceShot; 05-06-2018 at 03:51 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by HeyDanNiceShot:
last901 (05-07-2018), NSFW (05-06-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Beltfedbob
Instructor

I was parked next to a new Grand Sport. Other C7's were further down the row on #3.
Ok, then you were next to me as I believe the GS was to your south and I had the BRM ZL1 convert to the north in row 3. They kicked out the C6 GS so mine is no longer welcome. The 78 PCR is on the truck to AZ today so that was the last time I'll be at E@RTC. The ZL1 is the only "exotic" I have left :-) Must have been your nose in the pic?

Last edited by Beltfedbob; 05-07-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:21 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

WA Events Coordinator

Yes. thats my nose in your pic! 3 ZL1's in a row...Nice!
Old 05-07-2018, 07:34 PM
Beltfedbob
Instructor

Ok, next time I see you I'll say howdy :-)
Old 06-04-2018, 02:48 PM
Beltfedbob
Instructor

Figured I'd try E@RTC again. Last Saturday was nice so I took out my Gran Turismo Omologato and swung by. They let me in! Guess that car is exotic enough to play with the big boys :-)

Get notified of new replies

To OFFICIAL opening day of E@RTC April 7'th 2018 PNW - GTG/RALLY

Old 06-04-2018, 03:09 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Figured I'd try E@RTC again. Last Saturday was nice so I took out my Gran Turismo Omologato and swung by. They let me in! Guess that car is exotic enough to play with the big boys :-)

Hell, as a former owner of a'67 Hardtop GTO, bought new, I would have brought a red carpet and some spotlights to show your car to advantage.

That is beautiful. There's a green one for sale in Indianapolis I'm watching. Hope I get to see your car up close and personal at E@RTC sometime.

How many people know what Omologato means?

Last edited by last901; 06-04-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:48 PM
Beltfedbob
Instructor

LOL Gas Tires Oil :-)

It's in a north Seattle warehouse, keeping out of the weather.
I do know what the English translation is!

I'm the second owner but have known the car intimately for over 40 years and bought it from the estate. Completely original HO car.

Last edited by Beltfedbob; 06-04-2018 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:50 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

LOL Gas Tires Oil :-)

It's in a north Seattle warehouse, keeping out of the weather.
I do know what the English translation is!

I'm the second owner but have known the car intimately for over 40 years and bought it from the estate. Completely original HO car.

I'm guessing the license plate may b original for the car. Seems to me my GTO had perhaps an earlier "O" plate. I took delivery of the car in December 1966. Nice to see the Totem Pontiac frame as well. As you may know, Totem Pontiac was located under the monorail at Wall Street, across the street from the old Post-Intellgncer newspaper building. During my later travels in the car business, I had the privelege of working with a couple of fellows who worked a Totem and had gone to Eastside Pontiac on Bellvue's Auto Row. hat was back in the day when car salesmen wore ties and many made a career out of it.

Mine came via Chuck Gaines Pontiac in Auburn. It arrived just in time for my insurance agent (I was single and not yet 22) to tell me there was no way they were going o insure me in "that car".

Talk about Gas Tires and Oil, shortly after finding an insurance agent who managed to get me insured (with something like the Grace L Ferguson Storm Door and Airline Company) My budget for the nxt 11 months loked something like this.

Monthly Car Payment = $61.00
Monthly insurance payment= $100+
Monthly Chevron Gas bill @ 36 cents per gallon for premium = $125

Now in all fairness I was single and dated a young woman who lived near Bonney Lake (I lived in Sea-Tac) whom I just had to see nearly every evening and on weekends. She was really cute although never did quite figure out how my factory 8-track tape deck worked.

So, about 10 months after taking delivery of the GTO and wearing out all 4 red-line tires, I traded the GTO in for an MGB. Not sure I saved all that much but my parents knew I probably wasn't going to wander off too far, what with Lucas Electrics and such and I finally met and married the woman I live with today. (from whom I had to borrow the money to repair my MG's transmission) I think of it as a sort of dowry.

Never did find out what happened to my GTO however...But since marriage, kids, college expenses and mortgage payments, my GTO seems like a bargain now. Wonder if that's why I keep looking for another, albeit casually. It seems to be as elusive as growing my hair back so let me at least thank you for sharing you experience and your GTO with me.

BTW, what would you charge me to borrow your car to make a quick trip to Bonney Lake sometime?

Hang on to that beauty. Sounds like you may have as many memories as me. Thanks!

Last edited by last901; 06-04-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL opening day of E@RTC April 7'th 2018 PNW - GTG/RALLY