Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Check this out (Boeing Aviation)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SmileyOr
There is also parking across the street. Did your contact say if that will be open?.
Nothing was said about the surrounding area which can fill up fast depending on what they have going on. I usually park on the west side of FHC along the access that runs down past the ME-262 project to the fire department. If you don't want to shuttle I think the answer will be to get there early.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:21 PM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I plan to be there before they open and will have some food to eat and smart phone to keep me occupied until they do open.

I have a friend that is a docent there that said they were bringing in a special surprise.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:07 PM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

I asked if they were able to pick up anything at the recent armor auction and the guy just smiled and said he could'nt say anything so perhaps the surprise is another item for Paul's collection.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...0-million.html
Old 07-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Mufflerbearing
Burning Brakes

Just arrived.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...Knight-arrives

Videos of it on the way.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a6rdksoaz...wcgTdItqZNGa#/

Last edited by Mufflerbearing; 07-22-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:43 AM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

If you ever have the chance, Fly out of John-Wayne in Orange County, CA (Irvine), no Wide bodies fly there, but every Airline does a max thrust climb out, as steep as they can without upsetting the passengers, so they can get height, then when the go over the airport perimeter, they throttle way down and level off......and cruise as quietly as they can over the richies in Newport Beach...once they cross the beach, a normal turning climb out starts......

Its the most fun you can have in a 737/757/319/320......

If you ever have the chance to see a 787 up close, look closely, almost zero rivets, you never saw a smother airplane, tight gaps, and the scalloped aft end of the engines (noise reduction) just looks cool....
Old 07-25-2014, 10:42 AM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Noise abatement procedures can be fun

I'm heading up to FHC's SkyFair early Saturday morning so I can park in the street in front of the entrance to the museum. Anyone else coming out?

The flying is from 1 - 3 pm so at that time I'll be with aviation friends on the ramp area for viewing, but if anyone wants to meet up early on in the museum at 10:00 am post here and I'll check back for a time and recognizable location.

Quick Reply: Check this out (Boeing Aviation)