Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Portland Historics July 11th - 13th

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 10:28 AM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Portland Historics July 11th - 13th

Anyone on here going out to see the races?

I'll probably watch the big bore and spend the rest of my time in the infield/parking area taking pictures of cars.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:07 AM
X-ZZ4
Team Owner

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by SmileyOr
Anyone on here going out to see the races?

I'll probably watch the big bore and spend the rest of my time in the infield/parking area taking pictures of cars.
My son and I went. The big bores were rained out, only a Mustang and a Sunbeam Tiger got out on the track for a few laps. The GASS cars were rained out also. We were quite bummed.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:08 AM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I went Friday afternoon for about 45 minutes to see what was there. Then again Saturday morning for about 4 hours watching/listening to some of the qualifying and taking some photos of the cars.

I returned on Sunday morning, but only stayed for about 1 and a half hours. It didn't impress me as much as the times in the past when I was there. Partly because I've seen it all before and partly because there just were not as many big draws.

There have been Grandsports in the past (only 5 built) and original Cobras running as well as a Ferrari 250 GTO. The only car that would have been nice to hear and see run was the McLaren MK8. It didn't run on Saturday and I didn't stay late enough to see the group (if they hadn't rained out anyway) on Sunday.

The one qualifying event that was fun to watch was the small bore cars. The one with the Mini and the Volkswagen Bug in it. The Mini was surprisingly fast.

Get notified of new replies

To Portland Historics July 11th - 13th

Quick Reply: Portland Historics July 11th - 13th