Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Help with shipping cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 12:53 AM
ASH503
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with shipping cars

Hello All, i have a favor to ask of you. I just got out of the Marine Corps a little less than 2 weeks ago, and had my Z06 and 1971 Plymouth shipped to Arkansas, where i traded a company the Plymouth for a 78 Trans Am. The endpoint is Oregon. Well its been about a week now and I can't get these cars out of there. The guy i'm dealing with is trying to help me get set up, but one company cancelled, and another promised to pick up this week, but that hasn't panned out. I gave the business $1800 to pay for shipping(which i can get back whenever, its just so they could pay a shipper at the start for gas, etc.)

So i need some help guys. Anybody know a company or a way to try and get these picked up. I can pay more than the $1800, but honestly maybe a couple hundred more is all. Any advice would be great
Old 06-13-2014, 01:49 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by ASH503
Hello All, i have a favor to ask of you. I just got out of the Marine Corps a little less than 2 weeks ago, and had my Z06 and 1971 Plymouth shipped to Arkansas, where i traded a company the Plymouth for a 78 Trans Am. The endpoint is Oregon. Well its been about a week now and I can't get these cars out of there. The guy i'm dealing with is trying to help me get set up, but one company cancelled, and another promised to pick up this week, but that hasn't panned out. I gave the business $1800 to pay for shipping(which i can get back whenever, its just so they could pay a shipper at the start for gas, etc.)

So i need some help guys. Anybody know a company or a way to try and get these picked up. I can pay more than the $1800, but honestly maybe a couple hundred more is all. Any advice would be great
Have you tried Angels Moving Autos',Dependable Auto Shippers or Reliable transportation? It will take a while with anyone, as you are not on a major traffic pattern. You may want to try a household goods carrier, as they could use your car to fill out a partially loaded van; E.G. Allied, North American, United or Mayflower.. Whatever agency is in the city the car is in (Arkansas)

Good luck.

Last edited by NofakeJake; 06-13-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Chief777
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Whatever you do avoid Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS). They shipped a car for me, damaged it and refused to pay for all of the damage. Do a quick search and you'll here a ton of horror stories about them.

I highly recommend Horseless Carriage.

Can you find a buddy to fly down there and road trip back up?

Best of luck and thanks for your service!

Get notified of new replies

To Help with shipping cars

Quick Reply: Help with shipping cars