Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Hydr0-museum

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:38 PM
alanfigliola
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydr0-museum

visited the Hydro-museum this afternoon, was duly impressed with the artifacts etc relative to Hydro history here and nationally. The fellows were very informative and knew their Hydo history. Was going to say Hello to PHIL but he had left the building. I recommend a visit, well worth your time.
Alan Figliola
Old 04-23-2014, 09:54 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by alanfigliola
visited the Hydro-museum this afternoon, was duly impressed with the artifacts etc relative to Hydro history here and nationally. The fellows were very informative and knew their Hydo history. Was going to say Hello to PHIL but he had left the building. I recommend a visit, well worth your time.
Alan Figliola
Wish I'd know you were coming Alan. I would have enjoyed meeting you. Did you see the Blue Blaster? That's been nearly 5 years of my life. Still, I'm happy that you enjoyed the visit.

Did you see our latest acquisition; that small 1940's hydroplane with the V8-60 flathead engine. Those heads and the Eddie Meyer manifold alone are hot rodders treasures.

Since you didn't mention it, my bodywork on the blaster's trailer apprently didn't amaze you.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:45 AM
alanfigliola
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Wish I'd know you were coming Alan. I would have enjoyed meeting you. Did you see the Blue Blaster? That's been nearly 5 years of my life. Still, I'm happy that you enjoyed the visit.

Did you see our latest acquisition; that small 1940's hydroplane with the V8-60 flathead engine. Those heads and the Eddie Meyer manifold alone are hot rodders treasures.

Since you didn't mention it, my bodywork on the blaster's trailer apprently didn't amaze you.
Phil, I did see that v8 ford 60, those are very rare motors for sure! I did see the trailer as well, the fellow that talked us thru , pointed out that it was the original trailer for the "BLUE BLASTER'. Tho he didnt mention that it was your handy work that was putting it back in shape. lol. I must say I was amazed you fellows can get that much stuff in such a small shop. It was a wonderful trek down memory lane, thxs for all that you guys do!! Alan Figliola( C5 Vert)
Old 04-24-2014, 05:27 PM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Glad I read through this thread. From the title Hdyro-Museum I wasn't sure what it was.

I'll have to make that a stop on one of my next trips up to the Seattle area. I once offered up my services as a safety team member on the water safety team in 96'. On the sled in turn 3 at Tri-Cities. What a hoot!

Hours of boredom punctuated by moments of shear terror. This was the event that Dave Villwock flipped the Miss Budweiser in turn 2.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:40 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Here's the link to the Museum Website. Please explore some of the restorations, the various teams, etc.

http://thunderboats.ning.com/

If any of you would like a personal tour of the museum and its workings, just let me know.

Thanks Alan for giving me the opportunity to promote my pastime.

Phil

Get notified of new replies

To Hydr0-museum

Quick Reply: Hydr0-museum