Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

2014 Limerock Green vert

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Grim Reaper
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

Default 2014 Limerock Green vert

Stopped by Speedway Chevy in Monroe today and they had one in the showroom. It's the premier edition with the luggage in the trunk. They want 10k (87k) over sticker (77k) for it. Guy says it's a limited edition, so I said I don't think 10k should be tacked on the car for luggage. He was like 'huh'.

Think I'll take my C5 down there to find out what they are willing give on trade. Have a feeling the C5 will be back in my garage. That green is a nice looking car
Old 04-19-2014, 10:07 PM
level6
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
Stopped by Speedway Chevy in Monroe today and they had one in the showroom. It's the premier edition with the luggage in the trunk. They want 10k (87k) over sticker (77k) for it. Guy says it's a limited edition, so I said I don't think 10k should be tacked on the car for luggage. He was like 'huh'.

Think I'll take my C5 down there to find out what they are willing give on trade. Have a feeling the C5 will be back in my garage. That green is a nice looking car
Webb Chevy in Vancouver WA has the same exact car, with the same tacked on addendum price. They don't get it (the price) and they know it. It's just psychology stuff; raises perception of exclusivity. If you get into negotiation with them and they see you have the means to purchase, the price will change. Play each dealer off each other since they have the same car, and you know they want it off their floor. That particular car is truly the Premier of the C7s with every available option and then some. And that color, wow, it changes in different light and looks almost black at night. Good luck, tell us how it goes.

edit I just checked their site and Webb is no longer marking it up at all, so maybe you can go lower This pricing is GM pre-price raise also. (thousands uptick happened to cars made sometime after the first part of March).

Last edited by level6; 04-19-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:59 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

You know the rules!

Old 04-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Grim Reaper
Race Director

They offered me over 25k and are willing to lower the 10k down to 5k

This is the one I'm looking at

This is my 04 CE coupe that I'm thinking of trading.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:36 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Both good lookin' cars...

I say you go for the green.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:18 AM
Seattle C4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They offered me over 25k and are willing to lower the 10k down to 5k

This is the one I'm looking at

This is my 04 CE coupe that I'm thinking of trading.

Well if you are going to get a deal you will get it at Speedway.

Love the colour.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:15 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

The Premier Edition comes with Z51, Magnetic Ride Suspension, the performance exhaust option, the luggage, and the special badges. There were only 500 to be made all in green with the saddle interior and top. So while the MSRP of the car with the options may sound right, there are a lot of dealers adding a "second sticker" of anywhere from $5k to $10K. I guess it depends on the dealership and the saleshole to decide if that sticker is ignored or not.

In my area, there is a Subaru dealer that puts a second sticker on all of their new cars that simply says "Additional Dealer Profit" and the amount is $1500, regardless of the model. From what I have heard, it's non-negotiable in a sales deal, but at least the dealer is honest about it. But they will negotiate on a so-called "$150 Document Processing Fee"
Old 04-20-2014, 11:07 AM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jeff, you're workin hard for the man and only live once. I haven't figured out a way to take it with me so Im spending it all before I go.

That's a great color combo....only problem will be Mark's drewel at the site of it. Suggest you have them throw in a car cover.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:05 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

They have the same car at the Chevy dealer in Bellevue. Premier can come as a blue color on the coupe, both the vert and coupe had a production run of 500 each. The L R G has the brownstone interior and kalhari top. Saw it yesterday, same price points.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:22 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Bah... order one through one of the larger dealers in the country and get it for MSRP or under...

When I started the process, the local dealers were all over. In one case, the sponsoring dealer for one of the clubs I belong to was at $19K over. Oh sure, they'd deal ('cause "we want to get our allocations up").. phphphptttt.... the best they'd do was $10K over... Sponsor or not, I told what they could do with their markup....

Quite honestly I think one is nuts to pay the overage these local schmucks want - Hell.. dealers all over the country are offering better pricing. Many even have Premier Editions Verts on the floor.

In my case, I ordered through a dealer in Idaho at $3K under MSRP and got the exact C7 I wanted....

Last edited by KenHorse; 04-20-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:18 PM
C5 Dawg
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

You can't really blame dealers for trying to maximize their profits. It is then up to the customer if they want to pay that or not (hopefully not). Not much different than customers who make really low offers.

Has anyone here ever advertised their Corvette or a house and the asked for price was less than the most they hoped to get?
Old 04-20-2014, 04:48 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 Dawg
You can't really blame dealers for trying to maximize their profits. It is then up to the customer if they want to pay that or not (hopefully not). Not much different than customers who make really low offers.

Has anyone here ever advertised their Corvette or a house and the asked for price was less than the most they hoped to get?
There's an ancient axiom in the car business: "You can always go down (in terms of price) but you can never go up".

Please consider as well that selling cars is not the best place for a person who loves them.

It's a business, nothing more and damn the person who started this whole process of negotiation. After all, most of us don't have an greeter at the QFC produce section and have them hold up a head of lettuce - Romaine of course - and ask, if I could get this for you for, say 75 cents, would you buy it today?

The internet hasn't made the process much easier, though it does serve to make the potential buyer better informed.

Unless you are prepared to pay what's offered, be prepared to negotiate, and that rarely leaves any happy once all is said and delivered.

Just sayin'
Old 04-20-2014, 05:33 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Oh I don't blame them one bit for trying to get whatever the market would bear for them.

What miffed me most was the "we want to sell more Corvettes and get our allocations up" and then STILL wanting over MSRP when (even then) there were dealers selling below. Really? I don't think so.....

This was from the sales manager of our club's sponsoring dealership.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:19 PM
C5 Dawg
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Oh I don't blame them one bit for trying to get whatever the market would bear for them.

What miffed me most was the "we want to sell more Corvettes and get our allocations up" and then STILL wanting over MSRP when (even then) there were dealers selling below. Really? I don't think so.....

This was from the sales manager of our club's sponsoring dealership.
Agreed, that was just sales babble. The best way around this is to make a serious offer.

At some time the dealer's increasing cost of keeping a car will meet the price point of the potential customer's decreasing willingness to pay a premium. In exchange for selling now, the dealer makes a higher profit and the buyer has the wow! factor of having the only one around. As time goes on, both of these will decline until C7s can be bought for below msrp.

If the great deal is more important than the car, look for dealers still stuck with C6s.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:50 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Agreed, that was just sales babble. The best way around this is to make a serious offer.
Oh I DID make a serious offer, had my checkbook out and in plain view of him. (of course he was playing that 'write the lines of numbers down in front of me' game).

He flat out said he couldn't go below $10K over. That was when I closed up my checkbook, got up and left...

Remember, these guys sponsor a Corvette club
Old 04-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Rohey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to several dealers in the Seattle area when purchasing mine that were willing to take MSRP as long as a had a realistic trade in expectation. Yes they were asking $10K over but I don't think many are getting that? Key is to target the larger volume dealers that have inventory coming in and if that does not work pick one up from a forum dealer. Purchased my previous C6 from Tim Boone in San Francisco...great experience, flew down picked it up and had a great drive home...PM if you want more details
Old 04-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Grim Reaper
Race Director

Originally Posted by Rohey
I talked to several dealers in the Seattle area when purchasing mine that were willing to take MSRP as long as a had a realistic trade in expectation. Yes they were asking $10K over but I don't think many are getting that? Key is to target the larger volume dealers that have inventory coming in and if that does not work pick one up from a forum dealer. Purchased my previous C6 from Tim Boone in San Francisco...great experience, flew down picked it up and had a great drive home...PM if you want more details
I bought my 13 Z06 from Tim back in Dec of 12. Great experience and no hassles. I've looked and he doesn't have in stock what we're looking for. I thought about waiting and just order a 15 with the museum delivery option and go pick it up during the 20th anny celebration in August and drive it back here.

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 Limerock Green vert

Old 04-20-2014, 09:34 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Rohey
Wow, you paid CA sales tax on a car you were taking to WA?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:16 PM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 920 Likes on 465 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

Guaranty Chevrolet in Junction City, OR has a LRG Premier convertible - $80,700.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:20 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE
Hey Jeff, you're workin hard for the man and only live once. I haven't figured out a way to take it with me so Im spending it all before I go.

That's a great color combo....only problem will be Mark's drewel at the site of it. Suggest you have them throw in a car cover.
LOL yep that'd be about right

Quick Reply: 2014 Limerock Green vert