Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Mustang Pump Jockey

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 09:14 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Close enough to what I was thinking albeit perhaps more civil
Oh CHIT, you mean you guys have idiots working in the Capital TOOO. I thought it was a WA thing. No boundaries for the idiots in Govt. Who elects these fools?

George
Old 04-14-2014, 09:17 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by George's_Vette
Who elects these fools?
Other fools....

Mostly in the high population and college centers. Ya know. .Portland (Moscow on the North Willamette), Corvallis (Moscow on the South Willamette), Eugene (Dopers Central)....

You have your own versions up there

(actually "fools" is being kind. I regularly refer to those types as Low Information Followers of the Philosophy of the Terminally Stupid or LIFOTPOTTS©, which I believe is more accurate and precise)
Old 04-14-2014, 09:27 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Default The new C-7 Corvette

I'm here at the NW Corvette podium to post my official opinion on the new C-7 Stingray Corvette.

Not sure who all has ponied up for one besides Walter and Ken (they pump my gas in OR) but it's one damn nice car IMHO. Drove one for a few days at Spring Mtn and GM has made some very nice upgrades to our favorite sports car and I feel hit the nail on the head. Of course there is room for improvement but is there a perfect car for everyone. NO So this is a very nice upgrade from the last C-6 offering.

The new C-7 Z06 or 7 should be an awesome experience. Can't wait to drive one on the track.

George
Twisp, WA
Old 04-14-2014, 09:41 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Ken:

You up to coming up to Central WA this spring for our yearly Apple Blossom Corvette show in Wenatchee, WA.? It is on April 26th, Sat at the local Chevy dealer in Wenatchee. Usually draw over 100 Corvettes and it's a fun time with lots of Corvette owners and cars. C-1 through C-7.

If you want to drive the extra 90 mins north on Friday you're welcome to spend the night at my place and then we'll head south early Sat. AM for the Corvette show in WEN. Just an offer!

George
Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 AM
level6
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes from what I've read COSTCO has done a great deal of fuel research and sells a top tier fuel controlled by the idiot I ran into last Fri. The station manager, wearing a green vest insures the proper detergents etc are added during a fuel delivery to all COSTCO fuel outlets. Or so the article indicated.

George
Sorry to hear that you were subjected to that George, sounds like drugs to me.

These guys at Costco are 20 dollars an hour after being there a few years, not bad for a fuel attendant.

My last trucking job was delivering fuel to stations. (5 years of that out of Portland). Although Costco bought their fuel from the cheapest rack of the day (chevron, shell, arco, etc.) like the mom and pop's, Safeway and Fred Meyer, Costco was different in that they added their own additive while I delivered. This was in addition to the govt mandated additive already in the generic gas. I was impressed that they went to that expense. For years Costco would manually pour the extra additive in to their tanks, but they recently went to the expense of tearing out their ground and added below ground storage tanks for their additive and computer control inject the additive at truck delivery time.

I wonder why they don't go through the extra expense of having it certified top tier? I don't know.

Last edited by level6; 04-15-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Wahoo12
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Oregon law is stupid. When I fuel my vette at Costco or Chevron they let me pump.

Years ago in AZ the stations had full service and self service lanes. Oregon could follow that idea.

Being from the south where you pumped the gas and didn't run a front plate. 2-wheelers only run a rear plate. Why only them?

I will pay the fine. No front plate.

Wayne,

GO SOONERS
Old 04-15-2014, 01:33 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

George! We had 4 cars signed up already for the Wenatchee show, but I called Cascade Chev to ask about it because I couldn't pull up a 2014 flier. They said the show was CANCELED, because the Pres of the Corvette Club had Cancer(hope he/she gets better)
As for Costco. I won't shop there. It is a madhouse and the prices aren't that much better than Fred Meyers!! I would have told the little shi* "well with an attitude and customer service like that, you will never be able to afford a mustang or Vette!!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:21 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Ken:

You up to coming up to Central WA this spring for our yearly Apple Blossom Corvette show in Wenatchee, WA.? It is on April 26th, Sat at the local Chevy dealer in Wenatchee. Usually draw over 100 Corvettes and it's a fun time with lots of Corvette owners and cars. C-1 through C-7.

If you want to drive the extra 90 mins north on Friday you're welcome to spend the night at my place and then we'll head south early Sat. AM for the Corvette show in WEN. Just an offer!

George
Originally Posted by VIK TOY
George! We had 4 cars signed up already for the Wenatchee show, but I called Cascade Chev to ask about it because I couldn't pull up a 2014 flier. They said the show was CANCELED, because the Pres of the Corvette Club had Cancer(hope he/she gets better)
As for Costco. I won't shop there. It is a madhouse and the prices aren't that much better than Fred Meyers!! I would have told the little shi* "well with an attitude and customer service like that, you will never be able to afford a mustang or Vette!!
Pretty much takes care of that!

Thanks for the kinda offer however, George
Old 04-15-2014, 05:33 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Pretty much takes care of that!

Thanks for the kinda offer however, George
Sad but true. This has always been a great Corvette get together in WEN. and I've got the fridge magnets to prove it.

George
Old 04-15-2014, 08:34 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Ah, c'mon y'all... Sure the guy is likely to be a jerk, but returning the comment with a like insult only makes you one of "them".

We happen to live in a society where cars are to many people, their identity, their hobby, their passion. Though not excusing the attendant for his rude comment, we might expect this sort of thing now and again.

If you're driving a Corvette, just ignore him. Otherwise the Mustang forum might end up with similar threads to let the world know how ignorant Corvette owners are.
You make a great point....I more than once recently have made a conscious choice to "behave" for fear I'd be casting further aspersions upon Corvette folk.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:41 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE
You make a great point....I more than once recently have made a conscious choice to "behave" for fear I'd be casting further aspersions upon Corvette folk.
It's a bit late for that, don't you think? Further being the operative term here.

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but since this thread started a few of us have been PM'ing wondering how we're going to keep you out of Costco gas stations.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:46 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Bless you Walter, I too took the high road with this pump jockey and just let him spew his crap and left with my and our Corvette pride in tact. It was either that or shoot him as I was armed. Didn't need the legal snag in my life. "Why did you shoot the pump jockey? He insulted my car" Just not seeing that standing up before a grand jury. Still wish I'd asked him where his Pony Muscle Car was he was so going on about.

George
Old 04-15-2014, 11:48 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

I love Costco (Shell) gas.....and have a good rapport with the attendant du jour....which is how I know it's Shell.

So there, A Hole...why would you think I'd have a problem at Costco or with any of your other Alkaida loving buddies.....
Alkaida? Pop..pop. fizz... fizz, oh what a rel.... well you get the idea.

No offense, but why is it that engineers are the wurst spelers?

I tried to buy a car at Costco once, but they only came shrink wrapped on a pallet in sets of 3.

What's the heirarchy now at Costco these days. Do they progress from cart gatherers to selling Pizza at Club 1-fifty and then to the gas station, or the other way around?
Old 04-16-2014, 12:00 AM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Alkaida? Pop..pop. fizz... fizz, oh what a rel.... well you get the idea.

No offense, but why is it that engineers are the wurst spelers?

I tried to buy a car at Costco once, but they only came shrink wrapped on a pallet in sets of 3.
reaally?, you think I have time for brilliant posts and good er spilling? Are you and Ken the official forum spell checkers?

Last edited by XC6VETTE; 04-16-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:31 AM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I was at a gas station (not Costco) a few years back inside paying the cashier. Same blowhard type comes in. He asked me if that was my Vette, I said yes. He then proceeded to blow-on about his brothers 800 hp Mustang and all the "kills" he has had. As walked out I said "Nice minivan you got the there". (I saw him pull up in it)
Old 04-17-2014, 09:28 AM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bluefire
I was at a gas station (not Costco) a few years back inside paying the cashier. Same blowhard type comes in. He asked me if that was my Vette, I said yes. He then proceeded to blow-on about his brothers 800 hp Mustang and all the "kills" he has had. As walked out I said "Nice minivan you got the there". (I saw him pull up in it)
It just seems that those who can't drive their dream car just stand around and bloviate to those who are.

blo·vi·ate

blōvēˌāt/

verb
informal

verb: bloviate; 3rd person present: bloviates; past tense: bloviated; past participle: bloviated; gerund or present participle: bloviating

1. talk at length, esp. in an inflated or empty way.

George
Old 04-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

It just seems that those who can't drive their dream car just stand around and bloviate to those who are.

blo·vi·ate

blōvēˌāt/

verb
informal

verb: bloviate; 3rd person present: bloviates; past tense: bloviated; past participle: bloviated; gerund or present participle: bloviating

1. talk at length, esp. in an inflated or empty way.

George
Thanks for the new word.

Get notified of new replies

To Mustang Pump Jockey

Old 04-17-2014, 02:44 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Bluefire:

Nice puppy, yours or just one you snagged for your avatar?

George
Old 04-17-2014, 03:39 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Bluefire:

Nice puppy, yours or just one you snagged for your avatar?

George
Not mine. I have a 2' x3' print of it in my house. I found the small version of it on the internet to use.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:45 PM
09C6inWA
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could of said; "I came here for gas, not an opinion".

Quick Reply: Mustang Pump Jockey