Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

C7's in the PNW

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 11:15 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C7's in the PNW

Are there really so few C7's in the area?

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=693615
Old 04-07-2014, 12:50 AM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

There are really so few Corvette owners that post on the Corvette forum. There must be dozens if not a couple hundred of C7's in Wa by now.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:08 AM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NW94Z
There are really so few Corvette owners that post on the Corvette forum. There must be dozens if not a couple hundred of C7's in Wa by now.
I think you're right...I was just hoping there were a few lurkers that might participate.

For any of you looking....I'm "Superman Edition" in Snohomish.....with a blue dot...noted for some of our Oregon friends who I know have a blue car but are not dot appropriate......

Last edited by XC6VETTE; 04-07-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:27 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

I have yet to see another C7 in the wild, apart from Walt's. I'm thinking that will change soon as better weather sets in. We'll see.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:57 AM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've seen several C7's on the Eastside, and more of them than C6's in the rain.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:38 AM
level6
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would imagine there are more than on that map referenced.

I still have not seen any besides mine in Portland area. I'm getting to where I enjoy talking to the people about it when I take it out. I always ask people that come up to converse, 4-5 conversations a day, if they have seen any beside mine, it's always "no".

There are many "thumbs up" when I bother to make eye contact while driving, then again there are many who are oblivious to it.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:26 AM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Manchester - Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I have seen two of them on the peninsula that are not on the map.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:42 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Enjoy the rare air

It will end soon enough. There will probably be around 20 at the all Chevy Show or at the Corvette show at Triple XXX in August
Old 04-07-2014, 04:54 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE

Jeez, Walter! Were you hoping to make a new friend to add to the 3 you already think you have?

Why don't you run a personal add in Craig's List or The Weekly. "Single Male, of dubious origin seeking male or female friends who like to wear superhero pajamas and name their cars after Marvel Comics characters. Must bring own licorice whips. No weirdos please".

Let us know how this works for you.

Last edited by last901; 04-07-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:35 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I tried to add a new C-7 to the PNW fold when I left SMMSR last Thursday but the security they are adding at the front gate caught me and made me take it back to the paddock behind the Corvette Building.

Seriously they are adding a main gate security tower at Spring Mountain which will be manned by security 24/7 at the track. It's looking like a prison tower with shooting ports all around the top level.

Needless to say I was forced to bring my 2009 home with 33,000+ miles on it now instead of a new low mileage C-7 Stingray.

Really, would they miss just one Stingray. They have lots. So many that they are storing them outside. And while I was there last week they placed an order for 35 new units to replace the existing track car fleet that have roughly 8,000 miles on them.

They have been hosting the GM dealer rep 1.5 day training program at the track which is using the Corvette Bldg classroom for dealer sales people to learn about the new 2014 Stingray. The classroom has all sorts of new Corvette Stingray cut away parts to use during the training session. I got a chance to roam around the room and look at the new Stingray components. Very interesting.

George
Twisp, WA
Old 04-07-2014, 08:44 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by last901
Jeez, Walter! Were you hoping to make a new friend to add to the 3 you already think you have?

Why don't you run a personal add in Craig's List or The Weekly. "Single Male, of dubious origin seeking male or female friends who like to wear superhero pajamas and name their cars after Marvel Comics characters. Must bring own licorice whips. No weirdos please".

Let us know how this works for you.
As evidenced by your post....it's too late to exclude the weirdos. However, that does means I can count you twice!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Seapar
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am on the map in Seattle. I am looking forward to spring mountain may 12-13 level 2 class. Until then I plan to be out at the Ridge April 18-19 and May 2 to get my track rhythm back after the winter driving my P car.
Walter, did you run 15-50 oil and dot4 brake fluid when you were there. Standard pads, cooling rings? Any fade?

Peter
Old 04-07-2014, 09:42 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Seapar
I am on the map in Seattle. I am looking forward to spring mountain may 12-13 level 2 class. Until then I plan to be out at the Ridge April 18-19 and May 2 to get my track rhythm back after the winter driving my P car.
Walter, did you run 15-50 oil and dot4 brake fluid when you were there. Standard pads, cooling rings? Any fade?

Peter
Hi Peter:

The track at Spring Mtn changes out the brake fluid to an aftermarket DOT 4 and installs the cooling rings which they claim provides roughly 30% better brake cooling on the C-7 brakes.

How do you like the Ridge? I hope to get over there some day when there is an open track day and put in some laps. I used to live in Shelton. After 25 years in Alaska now I'm back in WA but on the East Side and there is a track there which I could use if I still lived there.

George
Twisp, WA
Old 04-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Seapar
Racer

The ridge is fun . Track is about 3 years old and cool with some elevation changes. 40 ft wide throughout. 90 min drive from Seattle. Hooked on driving, turn 2 and Porsche club and Proformance with don Kitch does events there. Local corvette club does some auto cross at Shelton airport but that's not my thing. I know thek Ron fellows track preps their cars ( stock tires though) I was trying to find out how much difference the cooling rings make on a 30 min session followed by 1 hr in between.
After spring mountain I will have to decide if the expense of changing oil to 15-50 and brake flush with dot 4 is something I want to do. New paving at pacific raceways this week supposedly.
Thanks.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:18 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Seapar
The ridge is fun . Track is about 3 years old and cool with some elevation changes. 40 ft wide throughout. 90 min drive from Seattle. Hooked on driving, turn 2 and Porsche club and Proformance with don Kitch does events there. Local corvette club does some auto cross at Shelton airport but that's not my thing. I know thek Ron fellows track preps their cars ( stock tires though) I was trying to find out how much difference the cooling rings make on a 30 min session followed by 1 hr in between.
After spring mountain I will have to decide if the expense of changing oil to 15-50 and brake flush with dot 4 is something I want to do. New paving at pacific raceways this week supposedly.
Thanks.
Spring Mtn is considering a rebuild of the current track with new technology asphalt on the repave. Morris tossed the idea out to the folks at Spring Mtn but who knows if it will be born into reality. The new 2.1 mile track is paved with the new sticky track asphalt.

Level 2 at SM is fun. Did it a few years ago.

George
Old 04-07-2014, 10:20 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Back in my younger days I did Sanderson Field in my 1977 Orange Vette in a foot of snow. Not exactly Auto Cross but it was fun back when I was 21 years old.

George
Old 04-08-2014, 12:09 AM
young grasshopper
Pro

I have yet to see one in person.

Get notified of new replies

To C7's in the PNW

Old 04-08-2014, 05:54 AM
level6
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Besides mine I saw my first one in the wild today.

Was a beautiful spring day and as I was cruising in the semi, (working), in Milwaukie (Portland area), I saw a stunning Laguna Blue C7. Low, wide, sharp edged, it stuck out like a formula one racer in a soapbox derby. Had local "weezerI" plates????

Saw more than the usual number of c6 and c5 vettes out on this sunny day. And I appreciate everyone driving their Corvettes as it's always a pleasant visual interlude in a sea of vehicle monotony.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:11 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Seeing them is great. Driving them at track speeds is a HOOT.

I figured if I was going to get over the rear end of the new C-7 I needed an intense immersion in the vehicle with multiple test rides of multiple colors and extreme exposure to all views of the new Stingray. 3 days at the track in Pahrump provided me with the correct amount of exposure and I could live with a new C-7. Much more fun then spending time on a shrink to get my head wrapped around the new 2014 styling of the C-7.

George

Last edited by George's_Vette; 04-08-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Seattle C4
Racer

There have been a ton of order cancellations since the 2015 will come with an 8 speed transmission.

Quick Reply: C7's in the PNW