Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Arrived Spring Mountain

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 07:24 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Arrived safely back home with only a few sprinkles. Sally drove all the WA State leg and did a great job. Guess schooling is worth the cost of admission.

(Sally is asleep on the living room floor in front of the pellet stove that is blasting heat) Exhausted after half a day of driving under my tutelage. Cause there is track driving and then there is combat driving on our nations highways when we're trying to get where we're going and not doddle along behind all the semi's, RV's and just plain poky drivers. She did well for her first post track school dip back into the highway driving pool. She drove a week ago into Pahrump for 3-4 hrs. Nearly killed me. Drove like a school bus driver. I arrived at track school with a bloody tongue from biting it and not speaking my mind, knowing that the days with top notch instruction would do more then a lifetime of me harping on her of what the car is capable of.

She now speaks the language of high performance and knows the car will far out perform her or my abilities to tame it. Just got to mount up and ride that Corvette.

PS: I want launch control. KOOOOOL

Hope you all enjoyed our trip to SMMSR and return to reality. Work for Sally and retirement for me.

-George
Old 04-05-2014, 11:22 PM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 519 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by George's_Vette
Arrived safely back home with only a few sprinkles. Sally drove all the WA State leg and did a great job. Guess schooling is worth the cost of admission.

(Sally is asleep on the living room floor in front of the pellet stove that is blasting heat) Exhausted after half a day of driving under my tutelage. Cause there is track driving and then there is combat driving on our nations highways when we're trying to get where we're going and not doddle along behind all the semi's, RV's and just plain poky drivers. She did well for her first post track school dip back into the highway driving pool. She drove a week ago into Pahrump for 3-4 hrs. Nearly killed me. Drove like a school bus driver. I arrived at track school with a bloody tongue from biting it and not speaking my mind, knowing that the days with top notch instruction would do more then a lifetime of me harping on her of what the car is capable of.

She now speaks the language of high performance and knows the car will far out perform her or my abilities to tame it. Just got to mount up and ride that Corvette.

PS: I want launch control. KOOOOOL

Hope you all enjoyed our trip to SMMSR and return to reality. Work for Sally and retirement for me.

-George

Conrad here..... just returned today after staying for level 3.
It was nice meeting you and your friends at Spring Mountain. I had a great time with your group for level 1. Maybe next time we can get a corvette forum group to make up a full class ???
Old 04-06-2014, 12:11 AM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cagotzmann
Conrad here..... just returned today after staying for level 3.
It was nice meeting you and your friends at Spring Mountain. I had a great time with your group for level 1. Maybe next time we can get a corvette forum group to make up a full class ???
That would be fun Conrad. Sally and Jerry are ready to go next week! Nice meeting you and spending time visiting over dinner the two evenings.

How did Level 3 go this time? Everyone keep it on the track?

George
Twisp, WA
Old 04-06-2014, 09:05 AM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 519 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by George's_Vette
That would be fun Conrad. Sally and Jerry are ready to go next week! Nice meeting you and spending time visiting over dinner the two evenings.

How did Level 3 go this time? Everyone keep it on the track?

George
Twisp, WA
Level 3 went great. Ric commented that this was the fastest class of drivers they have ever had for a level 3 class. And of course this means cars did go off track. I think a total of 4 off's. My next trip will be when the C7 Z06 will be available. I want to drive this monster !!

Quick Reply: Arrived Spring Mountain