Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

First E@RTC for 2014.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 03:53 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
If Walter's involved, it may very well have been seen on TV. Either "Cops" or "Wildest Police Chases"

Is it too early for Scotch? I suppose it really doesn't go with coffee..
Old 03-21-2014, 05:08 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by NofakeJake

Is it too early for Scotch? I suppose it really doesn't go with coffee..
A good single malt or an 18 year quarter cask Laphroiag? Never too early. I think Scotland is about 8 hours ahead of us anyway.

No, it doesn't go well with most coffees but we may need the cups.

I think Lynchburg is only a couple hours (and 150 years) away from us so we might not have to worry about the riff-raff.

You buyin? or do we have to meet at Walters and caravan to the E@RTC? Let's just meet at Walters and we can decide later.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:54 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

A good single malt or an 18 year quarter cask Laphroiag? Never too early. I think Scotland is about 8 hours ahead of us anyway.

No, it doesn't go well with most coffees but we may need the cups.

I think Lynchburg is only a couple hours (and 150 years) away from us so we might not have to worry about the riff-raff.

You buyin? or do we have to meet at Walters and caravan to the E@RTC? Let's just meet at Walters and we can decide later.
Lets meet at Walters. He's meeting at Costco Woodinville
Old 03-21-2014, 06:06 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
Lets meet at Walters. He's meeting at Costco Woodinville
Oooops, just happened to notice a conflict. I forgot, as a former British subject, that I am supposed to speak at a ceremony that Saturday hosted by the "Great Job, Neville Chamberlin Appreciation Society".

I suspect, since there are only 3 members left that this may be the final gathering. That should leave me the rest of the season to make more E@RTC events this year.

I'll try to get down there before noon though. Save me a place.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:56 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Oooops, just happened to notice a conflict. I forgot, as a former British subject, that I am supposed to speak at a ceremony that Saturday hosted by the "Great Job, Neville Chamberlin Appreciation Society".

I suspect, since there are only 3 members left that this may be the final gathering. That should leave me the rest of the season to make more E@RTC events this year.

LOL...something tells me many here have no idea what your talking about....but I do! Ha Ha.....
Old 03-22-2014, 12:28 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

That's taking the diplomatic way out from one of my "excellent adventures".
Old 03-22-2014, 07:19 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE
You're kidding right?

Anyone/everyone is always welcome.

Edit: Everyone except Phil......
Hey c'mon Walter. I managed to get that cleared up shortly after the first event a couple of years ago. You told me there was going to be an event for exotics in Redmond. You should have told me that meant cars. I noticed you didn't bring a date. Of course you rarely do. I guess "Pagan Mingle" just isn;t working out for you, huh?

Poor Tawny Storm. She had even bought a new pair of tassels from Fredericks of Hollywood for this event. She apparently knows you and when I told her the invitation came from you she simply said, "That Figures" or something like that. I won't disgrace this forum with the ugly things she said about Poodle Girl.

She showed me where you bit her when she was still danci...er, "hostessing" at that place in Lake City.

Anyway, the E@RTC agreed to let me participate now, but I'm not sure I really want to.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Johnz02Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Rain or shine

I plan on going!
I may be and I do understand "show only cars" but for the others ...PLEASE! What is this stuff about rain.....We live in the PNW! It rains here! I daily drive my 02 Z06 to work (only 4 miles)in Everett every day (even once in light snow). Too much fun to keep in the garage. Yea I know it can be a pain to clean so often but the reward of driving it anytime I want is worth it!
not trying to
Old 03-27-2014, 12:23 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Johnz02Z06
I plan on going!
I may be and I do understand "show only cars" but for the others ...PLEASE!
Well, to my mind it's always a good show, but it's also a great place to meet with friends. I am given to believe that the original intent of the gathering was to showcase true "exotics", whatever that means. I suppose if 150 Ferraris showed up, I'd not feel put out if they made me park in the garage on the other side of the center.

Until a that large a turnout of Ferraris, or Lamborghinis or whatever Etcetrinis show up the organizers seem to be more than happy to let us mere mortals without software development skills or large real estate holdings in the show.

Chances are if you're proud enough of whatever you drive to take in the event, you will probably be allowed to park among the other cars.

I was even going to bring a vintage unlimited hydroplane to one of the events. Might do so yet....
Old 03-27-2014, 12:27 AM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Phil, great idea!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:31 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JETninja
is scheduled for April 5th, weather permitting...
Where is it located??? Can we park outside and just come in and look?? Not familiar with No WA
Old 03-27-2014, 04:00 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by VIK TOY
Where is it located??? Can we park outside and just come in and look?? Not familiar with No WA
Read all about it right here.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:13 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not looking good for next Saturday.....we'll see but I'm betting they call it.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:25 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Gee, thanks for the great news, Mr. Wet Blanket. Who knows how the weather is really going to be?

Tell you what (caution: involves consumption of spirits) how about if it does rain, we show up at Chez Hein for the - soon to become annual, maybe monthly - Single Malt festival?
Old 03-27-2014, 07:57 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Gee, thanks for the great news, Mr. Wet Blanket. Who knows how the weather is really going to be?

Tell you what (caution: involves consumption of spirits) how about if it does rain, we show up at Chez Hein for the - soon to become annual, maybe monthly - Single Malt festival?
Great, thanks, now everybody knows I like Cheeze!

Anyway, yes, as usual, I shoulda kept my trap shut and let the Exotics take the hit for the inevitable bad news.....I guess I was really looking forward to it.

Ok, come on up....but know I've started without you!

Last edited by XC6VETTE; 03-27-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:24 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Great, thanks, now everybody knows I like Cheeze!

Anyway, yes, as usual, I shoulda kept my trap shut and let the Exotics take the hit for the inevitable bad news.....I guess I was really looking forward to it.

Ok, come on up....but know I've started without you!
I'm still looking forward to it, Walter. That said, I saw two new C7's (well, I guess they're all new at this point) on the road today. A red one and a silver one. I just had a quack glance at the silver one, but it seemed to look really good on the C7. I've seen red ones before and that would probably be my pick if I had your sort of money.

I'm worrying now that the RTC people aren;t going to have enough room to let us mere mortals in with our aging C6's. Even Aero Lightweights (one of 42)

I'll need a map to get to your place again. Well, unless it rains. Are you going to invite Joe and Julie this time?
Old 03-27-2014, 08:41 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll need a map to get to your place again. Well, unless it rains. Are you going to invite Joe and Julie this time?
What about me? Now I really feel jilted. If that's the way you want to be, so be it, but it doesn't matter because no rain on April 5.

Get notified of new replies

To First E@RTC for 2014.....

Old 03-27-2014, 09:10 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by fperra
What about me? Now I really feel jilted. If that's the way you want to be, so be it, but it doesn't matter because no rain on April 5.
Well, I hope you're right!

At this point I think I'll just have Julie over....we'll have a drink and talk about the rest of you.

However, I have the Champagne cued up and ready for Leavenworth.....seems like a long ways away.

Last edited by XC6VETTE; 03-27-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:10 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by fperra
Fred, your presence and that of your lovely wife, Connie - it's not Julie, is it? - was merely assumed. I hope you didn't think there was any way I'd go out there by myself.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:57 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Just checked ....70% chance of showers....but you really never know especially a week ahead. We'll see.

Quick Reply: First E@RTC for 2014.....