Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

discount tire vs lee johnson chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 02:36 PM
billla
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

They definitely vary - the one in Bellevue is great and I do all my tire business with them. I don't have to worry about the pucks going in on my C5.

I went to another one and even after being very, VERY clear I had to sprint out to the shop to keep them from jacking without the pucks in.

But the prices are good and they're easy to work with.

As for the dealer experience, two observations. First, I have in the past had excellent luck with dealers for relatively new car tire replacement - so it's a choice by the dealer not to have that expertise and those business relationships in-house.

Second, I wouldn't take my lawn mower to any Lee Johnson dealer.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:10 PM
BrianAgar
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry

My apologies if I offended anyone.

I re-read the entire thread and edited.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:21 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

No offense taken, its just a learning process. When I lived in SoCal I had several close by to my home and more by my work. Visiting each the best was one town away from home and I supported them for many years. Up here I used the Bellvue one and was pleased overall.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:43 PM
BrianAgar
Intermediate

Default Customer Service

Originally Posted by DidntSettle
Agree totally. I have never had a bad experience at DT, even in other states. My local LS doesn't even want to mess with my Corvette. I flat out asked them if they had any Corvette experience and they were so dubious and evasive, I could almost hear the anxiety in his voice...and we were regular LS customers over the years. When I bought my 1st Corvette, we started with DT and never looked back. They also do TPS mounting and programming. I think his experience with DT is the exception rather than the rule.
Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck buying a set of tires from DT (tried three times). They have good costumer service behind LS. Its no joke...LS will run to your car and ask how they can help (Still here in Oly Area). Truly...truly cool. DT is great 100% after I walk in (I love customer service). I have also never had a problem with LS across the US. They are 100% true to their word. This one visit was the only negative experience I have had with this company.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:50 PM
BrianAgar
Intermediate

Default Bingo!

Originally Posted by billla
They definitely vary - the one in Bellevue is great and I do all my tire business with them. I don't have to worry about the pucks going in on my C5..//..Second, I wouldn't take my lawn mower to any Lee Johnson dealer.
That's the truth. After my last visit, I keep my pucks in the car. Good to know about the others. I should make a list!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:30 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I have had good luck with discount tire. Les Schwab sells Chinese junk. Toyo are made in China. I won't go near there. Plus they are over priced.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

Another vote for DT in Redmond. Bought tires there for my Monte Carlo and Corvette there. They always did well by me.

Quick Reply: discount tire vs lee johnson chevrolet