Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Lime Rock Green

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 10:09 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

[QUOTE=Mr. Peabody;1586183537]
Originally Posted by last901
Looks like LJ has a Lime Rock Green vert on the way. Now we'll finally get to see how that color looks.

Well damn if that's true I'm going to halfta get over there and check it out.

Yea, yea I hear ya. I mean I HEAR ya who knows..... I'll have to drive the 95 over there and see how they look together
Just hope it has the black wheels
Old 02-16-2014, 02:46 AM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Lighting wasn't good and the camera could have been better.

I will say this much. It's a very nice green.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:33 AM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How'd you get them to let you in the back room.....$5K?
Old 02-16-2014, 02:17 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Great color. There's a sold sign on the dash Mark..
Old 02-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

In all seriousness I wonder if there is a stat someplace that would indicate how many new Corvettes are ordered with the bright wheels vs. the dark ones.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:33 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
In all seriousness I wonder if there is a stat someplace that would indicate how many new Corvettes are ordered with the bright wheels vs. the dark ones.
I bet it's more than we think. The black wheels just align better with the black vents, grills and louvers.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:01 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
In 63, we pulled the hubcaps off my 46 Plymouth Special Deluxe and painted the wheels black, leaving the lug nuts chrome. Can't remember how many rattle cans it took to paint the whole car flat black, so there is history to my madness. The three on the tree was replaced with a 3 speed floor linkage. I remember that car had almost no steel, as it was made right after WWII. Everything was tin, including the floor, so it was easy to cut out a hole for the shifter. I pulled the tail pipe off and replaced the muffler with a Cherry Bomb and ran it right under the passenger door.

I didn't take to Scotch until my 20's. As a teen it was strictly Beefeater's gin.

Maybe that explains it
It would seem we might be brothers from a different mother. Mike. I can tell you it takes a minimum of 4 can's of spray paint to paint a '49 Ford fordor. That's if you roll down the windows. My Ford had a floor shift too. Cost $11.00 at Jack's Payless. Same place we bought the paint - primer actually.

I couldn't afford a Cherry Bomb or Smittys but was able to find a pair of chrome scavenger pipes. You must remember scavenger pipes. They were about 5 foot long straight pipes that hooked to the muffler and then hung underneath the rear axle housing. Looked pretty cool on my '49 since it was lowered in front. What I couldn't afford were the clamps to hold them in place, but I did find a large roll of packaging twine which I wrapped around the pipes and then tied them to the axle housing. Took some adjusting to get them even, but, man, did they look cool. I didn't realize how hot these pipes could get nor did I realize how quickly packaging twine could catch fire. At least the pipes were steel so when the twine burned through I could here the sound of the pipe (they never did burn through evenly) dragging on the asphalt. Very embarrassing if it happened when cruising through Lou's in Burien.

Ah... memories

Last edited by last901; 02-16-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:57 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by last901
It would seem we might be brothers from a different mother. Mike. I can tell you it takes a minimum of 4 can's of spray paint to paint a '49 Ford fordor. That's if you roll down the windows. My Ford had a floor shift too. Cost $11.00 at Jack's Payless. Same place we bought the paint - primer actually.

I couldn't afford a Cherry Bomb or Smittys but was able to find a pair of chrome scavenger pipes. You must remember scavenger pipes. They were about 5 foot long straight pipes that hooked to the muffler and then hung underneath the rear axle housing. Looked pretty cool on my '49 since it was lowered in front. What I couldn't afford were the clamps to hold them in place, but I did find a large roll of packaging twine which I wrapped around the pipes and then tied them to the axle housing. Took some adjusting to get them even, but, man, did they look cool. I didn't realize how hot these pipes could get nor did I realize how quickly packaging twine could catch fire. At least the pipes were steel so when the twine burned through I could here the sound of the pipe (they never did burn through evenly) dragging on the asphalt. Very embarrassing if it happened when cruising through Lou's in Burien.

Ah... memories
I remember those muffler hangers. They would bolt to the frame and hang a rubber/chord or leather strap attached to a clamp. Did you ever wonder why they we so expensive. I ended up using picture frame wire, borrowed from my dad's tool box, since kite string also caught fire...

Anyway, I really like that dark green. What about black interior and black wheels?
Old 02-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I bet it's more than we think. The black wheels just align better with the black vents, grills and louvers.
You know, I think that the pictures that duckvette (who is also a connoisseur of green corvettes) showed us, clearly illustrates that bright wheels really show off the color of the car much better than black wheels.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:11 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Anyway, I really like that dark green. What about black interior and black wheels?
I've always liked dark green, but just can't bring myself to like black wheels. Now, with a red stripe like Walter just had painted on his wheels, they come to life a bit more.

It's gotta be a generational think, Mike. There are a lot of cars running around with black or comp gray wheels to make me think I'm in the minority and becoming more so. With the rare exception I can't bring myself to like them enough to buy them or order a car fitted with them. Especially on a dark green car. Well, unless it had big numbers on the sides and a lot of sponsor decals all over it.

Admittedly, my last two Porsches had Fuchs alloys with black centers, but somehow that is different. I'm no longer fighting the tide, but thankfully GM still sees fit to offer chrome wheels on Corvettes. Of course I think one can still get Vogue whitewall tires on a new Cadillac so I hope I'm not faling into that demographic niche.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:28 PM
young grasshopper
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loud & obnoxious aftermarket mufflers? Black spray paint?

You guys nearly paved the way for the Honda tuning generation
Old 02-16-2014, 08:42 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMHO the C7 is an interesting car in that it can go clearly go two ways....classic sport car or bad *** bad boy.

The new green the with the Kalahari interior and Chromies is a classic look and one I'd buy,,,,black wheels on that car....no deal.

What I wanna know is why Mark is waiting....I'd be glad to run over him in a tractor trailer if it'd it'd help.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:14 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by XC6VETTE
IMHO the C7 is an interesting car in that it can go clearly go two ways....classic sport car or bad *** bad boy.

The new green the with the Kalahari interior and Chromies is a classic look and one I'd buy,,,,black wheels on that car....no deal.

What I wanna know is why Mark is waiting....I'd be glad to run over him in a tractor trailer if it'd it'd help.
Oh great ....... now there's something to look forward to

But yes Walter my friend it would most definitely be the Green with the Kalahari top end interior and a nice set of chromies.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:15 PM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 931 Likes on 469 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
Oh great ....... now there's something to look forward to

But yes Walter my friend it would most definitely be the Green with the Kalahari top end interior and a nice set of chromies.
Mark,
Go with the Premium Edition Convertible - Lime Rock Green with a matching set of luggage!

ps - I miss my green C5, but the Cyber Gray Grand Sport is a more than adequate substitute.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Seattle C4
Racer

Originally Posted by duckvett

Loving the Green!!!

Old 02-17-2014, 12:15 AM
Seattle C4
Racer

Originally Posted by 85corvettec4
that happens to be a model airplane

He gets his medications mixed up sometimes.. Bear with him... LOL

Old 02-17-2014, 12:33 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Seattle C4
He gets his medications mixed up sometimes.. Bear with him... LOL

Medications? I think it's just the glue...

Get notified of new replies

To Lime Rock Green

Old 02-17-2014, 12:50 AM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by duckvett
Mark,
Go with the Premium Edition Convertible - Lime Rock Green with a matching set of luggage!

ps - I miss my green C5, but the Cyber Gray Grand Sport is a more than adequate substitute.
Jim I think also think Cyber Grey is a great color as is LMB

I'm just not a convertible guy though I really do prefer a coupe.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:25 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by young grasshopper
Loud & obnoxious aftermarket mufflers? Black spray paint?

You guys nearly paved the way for the Honda tuning generation
Sad but true. Every time I hear or see a coffee can attached to a Honda tail pipe I have to restrain myself.

I was "that guy". ...... Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Old 02-17-2014, 05:52 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

No they don't. That's almost like saying the wheels and grill on the C6 Aero Lightweight (one of 42 you know?) ought to be red.

But, hey, who am I to say? The brain trust at GM certainly have the market figured out. That said, it makes me wonder if GM is hiring their marketing guys right out of high school.

Quick Reply: Lime Rock Green