Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

PacNW Trackday Roll Call, Coordination and Track rats Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 04:24 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomZ51
Update on Pacific Raceways. After talking to John the track manager and Willis the facilities manager, they are currently getting bids for the work to be done. They have some money set aside, but they are hoping that the bids come in the budget dollars. Nothing is yet promised yet at Pacific.

Update on the Ridge Motorsports Park. There is a hold up on all track activities at this time until next Monday after a court hearing. This is too bad because we have an astonishingly great day coming up this weekend! 52 and sunny! It is really hard to beat that in January!

The winter track fees at the Ridge this winter season is only $175.00 for the day. This is very reasonable for the amount of seat time that is available.
Thanks for keeping us informed Tom. The Ridge is GREAT but I always liked SIR as well....assuming decent road surface!
Old 01-23-2014, 05:32 PM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rdonahe
Thanks. Got a set of Nitto NT05s to replace the worn out Bridgestones that were on there. Any brake pad & rotor recommendations? The brakes feel ok but there is some pulsing from the rotors so I know they need attention soon here.
I always liked Carbotech pads for track days, you can use stock rotors, just make sure they aren't cupped.
Maybe send an email to carbotech (contact info on thier site at ctbrakes.com) and see what compound they suggest.

I usually run a different compound on the street vs the track but that's just personal preference.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 491 Likes on 418 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by RideZX6R
I always liked Carbotech pads for track days, you can use stock rotors, just make sure they aren't cupped.
Maybe send an email to carbotech (contact info on thier site at ctbrakes.com) and see what compound they suggest.

I usually run a different compound on the street vs the track but that's just personal preference.
PM sent
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 01-25-2014, 11:27 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by tomZ51
Update on Pacific Raceways. After talking to John the track manager and Willis the facilities manager, they are currently getting bids for the work to be done. They have some money set aside, but they are hoping that the bids come in the budget dollars. Nothing is yet promised yet at Pacific.

Update on the Ridge Motorsports Park. There is a hold up on all track activities at this time until next Monday after a court hearing. This is too bad because we have an astonishingly great day coming up this weekend! 52 and sunny! It is really hard to beat that in January!

The winter track fees at the Ridge this winter season is only $175.00 for the day. This is very reasonable for the amount of seat time that is available.
Can you post any information regarding The Ridge when you hear anything? I would assume the hearing will be in Mason County. Their website shows some 2014 events being scheduled but no other updates.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:02 AM
w00tw00t
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

ugh .. why do lawsuits have to get in the way of fun on the track!
Old 01-31-2014, 12:31 PM
tomZ51
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The hearing was postponed from Monday to Tuesday until maybe today or beginning of next week. I'll keep everything posted as I know what is going on. I will say, there is a driver that is looking into purchasing the whole thing which would eliminate this fighting which has been creating uncertainty. I am sensitive about what I can say, but I will post what I can.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:42 PM
rdonahe
5th Gear

I took my C5 Z06 out to Bremerton yesterday for a cold & slippy autocross with the Porsche crowd. Had a good time, although I always leave an autocross even feeling like the total time:seat time ratio is out of whack. Given that I've only had my car a couple months it was my first real experience with Competitive Driving mode. Seems like that worked pretty well for the conditions out there yesterday.

At any rate, I've got the itch. Anyone out there have upcoming track or autocross events on the books?
Old 02-23-2014, 04:23 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by rdonahe
I took my C5 Z06 out to Bremerton yesterday for a cold & slippy autocross with the Porsche crowd. Had a good time, although I always leave an autocross even feeling like the total time:seat time ratio is out of whack. Given that I've only had my car a couple months it was my first real experience with Competitive Driving mode. Seems like that worked pretty well for the conditions out there yesterday.

At any rate, I've got the itch. Anyone out there have upcoming track or autocross events on the books?
Our NWACC autocross events will start up on May 4th and we will have 5 events at Sanderson Field in Shelton. Look here for the schedule of our events. Send me a PM if you have any questions.

Also look at The Ridge schedule. Events hosed by Turn 2 and Hooked on Driving are coming up in April.

Last edited by c4cruiser; 02-23-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:39 AM
RadnessWarrior
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I check motorsportreg.com, put in the zip code and tons pop up. The Porsche club is having a track day at bremerton, March 22. $75 for the day, what a steal. Obviously not just Porsche's will be running. Every make is welcome! Race season is almost here!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:05 PM
rdonahe
5th Gear

Originally Posted by RadnessWarrior
I check motorsportreg.com, put in the zip code and tons pop up. The Porsche club is having a track day at bremerton, March 22. $75 for the day, what a steal. Obviously not just Porsche's will be running. Every make is welcome! Race season is almost here!
Thanks for the tip. That Porsche Club outing on 3/22 is actually a Skills Day. Which is still a good deal at $75 for what you get, but I've done those in the past with PCA and other clubs so I'm more looking for track or autoX outings. The other limiter is I'm moving out of the area in April so really focused on March opportunities.

Looks like Proformance days out at Pacific will be my best bet.

Thanks again!
Old 02-28-2014, 11:44 AM
tomZ51
Pro

At this point, it seems that there will not be any events to be held at the Ridge for the winter driving season. Good thing that the regular driving season is right around the corner! Turn2 kicks off the season on April 4th before the ICSCC enduro.

There is a new track manager that has been hired and assigned by the court. We welcome Pete to the track. I am expecting a great 2014 track season!
Old 02-28-2014, 01:24 PM
tomZ51
Pro

Just got off the phone with Pacific Raceways Management. The official word is that they are in the final negotiations with a paving company for paving through turns 7-9. They expect that the work will be done mid year.

I am very encouraged by this information.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:31 AM
evilcat155
Heel & Toe

There is no way that I can conceive of Pacific paving mid year. As someone who signed contracts with them for a few years they typically have the entire "racing season" (May through October) sold out in January with organizations on the waiting list hoping to get week-end dates that their regular customers might drop for some reason. I simply cannot imagine them being out of commission during the rentable half of the year for paving unless demand for track time has changed drastically there.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:54 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

NCM Sinkhole Donor

If the existing surface doesn't need a lot of prep work, then that distance might be able to be re-paved in a day or two. Mid-week would probably be the best time, and if they got a real early start, it could be that it would only take one day. It's probbly going to depend on what needs to be done beyond just another paving lift.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:29 PM
evilcat155
Heel & Toe

I won't pretend to be an expert on such things but in he past it seems like in addition to proper prep time they want a certain number of days with minimal use for the surface to cure. Could be way off base but seems like to work without interference with the schedule it would have to be absolutely complete pretty much between Monday and Thursday.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:56 AM
tomZ51
Pro

Pacific is figuring a 5 day window. Years ago, the Porsche Club was the first to run on new asphalt set in 3B. We were on the new asphalt too soon and it created the bumps on the out side edge. I would rather wait and get it right than run the risk of damaging the new asphalt.

Turn2 has a track day at the Ridge next Friday. The weather window continues to show improvement. It looks like there is a 50% chance of sun!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:30 AM
tomZ51
Pro

Yesterday Pacific Raceways repaved turns 7-9. Today they will be working on the end of turn 9 and down the straight to iron out the whoop de dos. It will be completed today. Just in time for the PCA to run there on Friday!

Congratulations to Pacific for getting this completed!

Get notified of new replies

To PacNW Trackday Roll Call, Coordination and Track rats Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 01:54 PM
l8te apx
Instructor

Hooked on Driving is at the Ridge this Friday and will have a C7 Corvette for demo rides/drives. Any participant in the event is invited. www.hookedondriving.com. Proud to have the new Corvette Stingray as a partner.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:19 AM
Seapar
Racer

Will be at Pacific this friday with PCA and then turn 2 the week after 4/18,4/19 at the Ridge.
Won't be tracking the C7 till after I get back from Spring mountain mid May level 2 class. Good to get back into the H/T rhythm again.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Seapar
Racer

New asphalt in turns 7/8/9 nice Also a bit after 9 entering the straightaway.
Anybody do hod ridge 4/11?

Quick Reply: PacNW Trackday Roll Call, Coordination and Track rats Thread