Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

C7 @ The Seattle Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 03:15 AM
netacoma2003
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C7 @ The Seattle Auto Show

All Chevy had was a single yellow 3LT without the Z51 or NPP packages. I asked the rep to bring over the fob so I could checkout the instrument panel and infotainment system, they both seemed nice. The seats had dual openings for a harness but were no more bolstered than my '09 base convertible...must have to upgrade to the optional seats. Still not liking the base C7 enough to buy one, especially after reading the problems buyers are having in the C7 forum thread, although I think the widebody concept has potential to look amazing.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:21 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Interesting observations. I had the complete opposite impression especially with regards to the 3LT interior. The seats, having come from a C5 and C6 myself, are an enormous improvement. The side bolsters are impressive and in the limited seat time I was recently able to have behind the wheel of the C7 I was not going anywhere through the turns. If there is a way to swap C7 seats into a C6 I wouldn't be surprised to see a number of people try this out.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:40 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

Cool. I'll check it out this weekend.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:09 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by NW94Z
Interesting observations. I had the complete opposite impression especially with regards to the 3LT interior. The seats, having come from a C5 and C6 myself, are an enormous improvement. The side bolsters are impressive and in the limited seat time I was recently able to have behind the wheel of the C7 I was not going anywhere through the turns. If there is a way to swap C7 seats into a C6 I wouldn't be surprised to see a number of people try this out.
Interesting observations indeed Joe. I agree. I must say that the VY in the photos does not appeal, even though I tend to favor yellow cars. Especially red ones

I was greatly impressed with Walter's that he shared with us last Sunday. Overall, I think the C7 is remarkable and more appealing to me now than it was when the first photos came out.

I was anxious to see what's been touted at the "new" high quality seats and was not disappointed when I saw Walter's car. I did find myslf wondering about the bolsters since, owing to a confined parking space in my garage, I am already taking care to avoid dragging my FA over the bolsters. I'm not so concerned about wearing out the vinyl since it was by choice that I realized it was a unique, single layer feature on the Aero Lighweights (mine is one of 42) but the 3LT seats give me concern about how durable they might be, despite what ostensibly appears to be higher quality material. I presume it is vinyl, right?

Like some who have already commented, I like the new C7 enough to maybe buy one, but not yet, even though my few dislikes may never go away. To whit:

I do not like the Toyota Land Cruiser trim accenting the rear of the front wheel openings.

I haven't made up my mind on that air exhaust grille on the hood. Maybe it just needs to be body-color.

The Sting Ray appellation should not all of a sudden be resurrected for this model. If anything, it shoild have been applied to the C6 which, arguably, has more styling cues from the mid-year Corvettes than anything produced since. Look at the contours of the fenders of the C6 as the front and rear evoke the same profile as the '63-'67 cars. Likewise, the emblem on the front fenders is too contrived for my taste.

Otherwise I consider the car extraordinary and a worthy successor to the (more attractive?) C6. I can't help but wonder though what it will look like if they try to offer a wide body version?

Maybe it's just me, but I think the overall styling, though attractive, to be a bit "busy" for my tastes.

hat said, where is one going to find a better value in both performance and design than the new Corvette?

It will be interesting to watch further developments, including the intro of the new convertible.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:25 PM
2000 Vette Guy
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Walter.......very wise advice.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:08 AM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Pics I took of a Yellow one at Laguna Seca last August..thought it looked great.

The Black wheels set if off better IMO....
Old 10-19-2013, 07:50 PM
09C6inWA
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know if the seats on that car were the standard ones but, I found the side bolsters to be be overly snug to the point of feeling like I was on them rather than being between them.
I'm far from being considered a wide shouldered guy. I wonder what guys who are wider think of the fit of the seats?

Don't get me wrong, the C7 is an awesome looking car but for whatever reason, my C6 just fits me better.

Last edited by 09C6inWA; 10-20-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:17 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by JETninja
Pics I took of a Yellow one at Laguna Seca last August..thought it looked great.

The Black wheels set if off better IMO....
Maybe, but I couldn't help but notice that silver one in the background. With those red stripes in evokes memories of Jon von Neuman's old 250 TR. For some reason that combination just gets to me. Wonder if the stripes will be an option?

The whole black - or comp gray - wheels still baffle me as to their appeal. Must be an age thing,and I've brought this up before on the forum and it appears I may be right. I guess GM and Chevrolet have well-paid marketing experts who figure out what might appeal. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any Corvette ads in "Old Codgers Monthly"

Has anyone noticed that the lower rear valence, surround the exhausts is gloss black instead of the matte black like on my C6 (1 of 42). Hmm, is this a new trend?
Old 10-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Seattle C4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful cars indeed but an early adopter am not I... I will wait.

Nice car Walter good luck I hope it was made on a Thursday and not a Monday.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:25 AM
09C6inWA
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
Has anyone noticed that the lower rear valence, surround the exhausts is gloss black instead of the matte black like on my C6 (1 of 42). Hmm, is this a new trend?
I always thought it was matte black but when I saw it was gloss, I liked it.

I would've thought a gloss finish would compete for attention with the car's color but it turned out to be a nice accent to my eyes.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Todds427
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I finally got to sit in one this weekend. I'm 6' and my head barely hit the top while sitting (my buddy is 6'5 and he couldn't bend his neck enough to fit). standard seat, seat was all the way back and down and still NOT much room. If it was a 7-speed trans, I don't think I could shift comfortably, my knees were touching the dash. The C5 and C6 are DEFINATELY a larger sitting area! AND don't even think about sitting on the passenger side, WOW it is even SMALLER!
Old 10-21-2013, 12:57 AM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by 09C6inWA
I always thought it was matte black but when I saw it was gloss, I liked it.

I would've thought a gloss finish would compete for attention with the car's color but it turned out to be a nice accent to my eyes.
It is actually the same color used on a few cars in 2012, called Carbon Black and it has a metal flake in it. All the black vents are the same.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 @ The Seattle Auto Show

Quick Reply: C7 @ The Seattle Auto Show