Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Non Eath fuel

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 03:35 PM
K7MXE
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Non Eath fuel

Ethanol Fuel

Pretty hard to find but yesterday I got gas at a Chevron station in Lakewood Wa and they have all three grades with no alcohol. I did not see the sticker on the pump so asked the cashier and he said it was alcohol free. Chevron dealer 74th and Orchard street in Lakewood and they had a price of 3.71 which was lower than Costco.
Bob Heselberg Eatonville Wa

Last edited by K7MXE; 10-21-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:38 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Do you mean no Ethanol? That station is very popular because of the area and the typically lower prices. I have bought gas there many times and every pump at each island has a sticker that says "Contains up to 10% Ethanol".

It's standard practice for Chevron leased and owned stations to sell the 10% ethanol mix. I think this a leased station and the business owner could be getting into hot water if he is buying gas from a source other than Chevron or their authorized suppliers. After doing some internet searching, I didn't find any station in Lakewood that sells ethanol-free gas.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:59 PM
K7MXE
Racer

Default Ethanol Fuel

I did not check all the pumps but the one I used was marked ok
There is a webpage for finding non ethanol fuel and have it in my I pad. This one is good because their prices are good, all the rest are way up there. Its great fuel for mixing like with a chain saw or keeping in a motor over the winter and the vet runs better with it too.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:22 AM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here you go, for Washington state:

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=WA
Old 10-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Todds427
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Darn, you beat me to the link . I think you will see that Union 76 and Conoco are the popular non-ethanol stations. Most of the others ALL contain that junk.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:36 AM
TMyers
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, you are being sold of bill of goods here. As of 2007 there is no ethanol free gas sold in the state of Washington. The only exception for this is aviation fuel. At least that is what the law says.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:58 AM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Manchester - Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I get mine in Gig Harbor.
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=WA
Old 10-22-2012, 08:59 PM
K7MXE
Racer

Now I feel bad as the station in Lakewood dropped their price by ten cents from Saturday and my tank is still full. Bummer! It was lowest price in the area at 3.61 for regular. I guess I dont get out to Lakewood often or I would have known about the non ethanol fuel and the low prices. The pure gas website has not picked them up yet.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:13 PM
2_60b4u
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TMyers
Guys, you are being sold of bill of goods here. As of 2007 there is no ethanol free gas sold in the state of Washington. The only exception for this is aviation fuel. At least that is what the law says.
I thought this as well... Bought a fuel tester and confirmed that there is ethanol free gas out there.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:19 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

There are two stations in Olympia that advertise ethanol-free gas. But they are the pre-purchase stations where you have to open an account and add money to it. Then you get a swipe card to get gas from their pumps. These two stations are available for gas 24/7.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 AM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Law? Maybe not, but the "Law of unintended Circumstances" maybe. Read more here.

http://www.e0pc.com/talking_points.php.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:38 PM
SuperBuickGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 380 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Ammo
Law? Maybe not, but the "Law of unintended Circumstances" maybe. Read more here.

http://www.e0pc.com/talking_points.php.
Nicely written paper... it's actually worse than what that paper says - corn is grown with fertilizer; which is mostly nitrogen - which is the biggest killer of marine life there is...

I wish people would sit down and come up with a plan rather than this haphazard quilt patchwork that is based on the idea of building blocks - if you pass this bit then this bit then this bit eventually you'll have a mosaic of proper laws. Problem is that just doesn't work - sometimes technology increases and makes the law pointless, or sometimes (like this law) technology doesn't reach the point it needs to be (how many gallons of cellulose-produced alcohol is produced commercially?)....

ah well, I suppose the above is like asking people to be reasonable. Because people still by other cars besides Corvettes; we just can't expect reason to prevail.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:27 PM
jasper711
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Todds9
Darn, you beat me to the link . I think you will see that Union 76 and Conoco are the popular non-ethanol stations. Most of the others ALL contain that junk.
Phillips 66 Ferndale refinery (north of Bellingham, previously ConocoPhillips) is presently adding ethanol tanks and blending equipment. Until that project is complete, there is still ethanol free gas available at the stations they supply.

Unfortunately this will end soon, thank your guvernment.

(by the way the difference is very noticeable in my 210hp 1999 F150 because that power level is marginal. I suspect newer trucks all approaching 400hp don't feel this so much. Government forced consumerism, because now I feel more need to replace what was previously a perfectly good truck (either that or change rear axle ratios))

Get notified of new replies

To Non Eath fuel

Quick Reply: Non Eath fuel