Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

3rd Annual Whidbey GTG

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 02:27 PM
YOU 2 SLO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weather today

No rain this morning. Sunshine now, and predicting 20-30% chance of rain for the rest of the day.

Hope you all can make it, or Steve and I are going to be drinking beer and eating hamburgers for the rest of the week.

Take care,

Dave
Old 06-24-2012, 08:38 PM
AYello1
Racer

Another great event! The caravan kept getting larger as we went north and the cars sure looked sweet winding thru the curves leading towards Deception Pass! The Prius sandwich was interesting, as was the state trooper who rapidly closed on me from the rear, on I-5, and then pulled over the Mercedes to my right. Whew...that gave the ol' ticker a start! The weather was pleasant, the food was delious and the company was great. So were the 20 cars that turned out. A Big Thanks to Dave & Suzette for hosting. Now...where are we going next?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

Dave and Suzette, thank you for a great day. You always put on a great get together. What was especially nice was meeting mikeCsix, who I worked with from 1982 to 1986, and have not seen since, and his delightful and very interesting wife Mary. That was really a nice surprise.
Overall it was a great day with many very nice people, and cars. Anita and I thoroughly enjoyed the day. Keith M.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:15 PM
RAVEN007
Instructor

Dave and Suzette,
Thanks again for picking another sunny day on the Rock and for hosting another great get together with our favorite Vette people.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:28 PM
YNOT2K
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks dave and suzette for a great day. the burgers were rockin' and the sun was shining. we stopped at the outlet mall in marysville and bought way too much stuff (it was on sale!) great weather and an enjoyable drive.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:48 PM
YOU 2 SLO
Racer

Default Thanks

Thanks to everyone for coming. I know the weather kept a few folks at home, but it couldn't have been nicer here on the island. Just goes to show you can never believe the weather guessers when it comes to the PACNORWEST.

Thanks for bringing the tasty treats, we had a great time seeing everyone and your great cars.

Dave & Suzette

PS: Gino wanted to thank Guido for stopping by.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:54 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 168 Posts

Dave and Suzette,

Thanks so much for a great party! Cars were fantastic, weather was great and the food was the best!

Mike and Mary
Old 06-25-2012, 12:31 AM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Dave:

Thanks again for the great GTG. Great food, great location and most of all great folks to share our love for our favorite US built sports car.

We got rained on again coming over the NCH on the way home.

Thanks again, Dave and Suzette. Looking forward to next year.

George & Sally
Twisp, WA
Old 06-25-2012, 01:36 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Pics, anybody?
Old 06-25-2012, 03:01 AM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Dave and Suzette for another wonderful event! Wish I could have stayed longer... There was great company, warm sunshine, and lots of food I don't get to to sample. Suzette - sorry I didn't say thanks in person - I was running late to pick up Jeanette, and I had kept Joe and Laurie waiting, so I had to rush. (I needed to drive back with them to ensure I wasn't the fastest car on the road... they would've been useful sacrifices for any LEOs! ).

aYello1 - glad you guys didn't get stopped. I was watching the patrol car as we went under the overpass. He started up and got on the freeway just after we passed, and I thought "Uh Oh!".
Old 06-25-2012, 10:05 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by WAwatchnut
Thanks Dave and Suzette for another wonderful event! Wish I could have stayed longer... There was great company, warm sunshine, and lots of food I don't get to to sample. Suzette - sorry I didn't say thanks in person - I was running late to pick up Jeanette, and I had kept Joe and Laurie waiting, so I had to rush. (I needed to drive back with them to ensure I wasn't the fastest car on the road... they would've been useful sacrifices for any LEOs! ).

aYello1 - glad you guys didn't get stopped. I was watching the patrol car as we went under the overpass. He started up and got on the freeway just after we passed, and I thought "Uh Oh!".
Dave and Suzette,

Thanks for hosting another great event. All the food was fabulous.

It was great seeing everyone. TJ and Betty came all the way from Vancouver, George over Hwy 20....

As far as the Leo, I figued when he didn't pull out for me the rest of you guys were safe.... except Paul. The last guy in line has no excuse, as no one is pushing him I can hear the guy in the Mercedes now ...
Old 06-25-2012, 11:36 AM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Dave and Suzette once again you both have pulled off another great gtg. Between the people, cars, food, location, drive etc... everything was spot on. Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to welcome so many people into your home.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:44 AM
seattle
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks to Dave & Suzette for putting on another great GTG. The weather couldn't have been any better. We had a good time.

Originally Posted by YOU 2 SLO
Gino wanted to thank Guido for stopping by.
Gino is cool and by far the most handsome fella living there. Gail kept saying that she saw a close resemblance to me.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:57 AM
YOU 2 SLO
Racer

Default A few photos

Here's a few photos:

Old 06-25-2012, 02:34 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Striking resemblance between Guido and Gino
Old 06-25-2012, 04:02 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

So sorry I didn't make it, I was worried about the weather and got caught up in the F1 race. Oh well, got some much needed furniture in my apartment. Can't wait till the family joins me and we buy a nice big house to park all 6 cars!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:35 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Looks like an "overflow" crowd this year as we all fit on the field last year. Although I wasn't able to attend this year, I did last year and for those of you who haven't done this gathering, I'd recommend you do so. Even if you do run into people like the often-misunderstood Poodle Girl, there are plenty of others to meet.

Oh, though this isn't the appropriate place to mention this - but Keith's car reminded me - Keith, I finally saw the seat you did for the Blue Blaster and I was impressed. Nice job. The other crew members said much the same. Very nicely done. I'll never fit my fat a**in there, but it's nearly perfect and faithful to the restoration. Hope you took photos; this should be added to your portfolio.

Get notified of new replies

To 3rd Annual Whidbey GTG

Old 06-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

Phil, thank you. I do not think mine will fit in either.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:41 PM
George's_Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Today's cleaning and repairs

Began cleaning the road grime off from Sunday's trip to the Wet Side of WA. Turns out it was nicer on the Wet Side then the east side.

Began giving the car a wash and noted the right side fog light had sprung a leak and was all fogged over and there was water in the fixture. Ordered a new fog light fixture and put the car back in the garage awaiting the part so I can re-install the light fixture and associated bits to make the car complete again.

No sign of where the fixture sprung a leak but a new fixture should resolve the issue once I mount the HID ballast on the new fixture.

George
Old 06-25-2012, 10:58 PM
tjkzo6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What a GREAT time

First off a big THANK YOU to Dave and Suzette for making the newbies to the PNW feel so at home and welcomed, we talked about the great setting, the fantastic food and all the wonderful folks we had the pleasure of spending our Sunday with all the way home.

The beginning of the day out of Vancouver began with light rain showers which got heavier as we progressed North, the good news is the paint didn't run nor did we melt and by the time we were in Everett the sun was beginning to make its way through the broken cloud layer. We did have a start when one of Washington's finest pulled us over just outside of Olympia to admire the Z and note that we were proceeding at 74 in a 60. Betty solved this problem by batting her eyelashes and proclaiming "...you mean it isn't 70 in here?" The young LEO bought it, commented that that speed limit ended 10 miles back and suggested that it was Sunday morning and admired the Vette suggesting a more relaxed trip north - without even a warning - it's good to be living right (and having Betty along)!

The day improved as we headed north with the gang out of McCollum Park and the weather steadily improved as we headed up to Whidbey Island. By the time we made it through Deception Pass the scenery was breathtaking, the weather just as good and the folks we spent the afternoon with were all delightful. We felt like we had known you all for a very long time. What a great time!

The ride home once again was met with rain showers as we closed in on SW Washington. It was a long 4 + hr ride but the good news is the autopilot works well and we made it home in good shape. Almost 9 hrs in the Vette made for a long day but one well worth the effort.

Thanks again to Mike and Sue for helping with our orientation, Dave and Suzette for being great hosts and the whole gang for welcoming us into the fold - we had a big time! We look forward to catching up with you all again soon - maybe the Leavenworth Beer run...

P.S. I'm committed to resolving the 'SUV like' ride height of my Z I'll see if I can live up to the yardstick test at our next gathering.

Cheers guys!
TJ & Betty

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Whidbey GTG