Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Who is near the Wenachee Valley?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 06:17 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who is near the Wenachee Valley?

I noticed a LOT of younger guys coming into the forum. Most car shows i go to is just my friend group and all the "Corvette" guys act like we are a bunch of punk kids (Im 27). I think it would be great to meet up with some local people that actually drive their cars and do more then regurgitate the factory stats and highlights and pat each other on the back..

Every Friday night when the weather is nice "Tom Dick & Harry's" has a car show in an open field by the restaurant right off the highway.. Awesome cars every week and great people. its right between Cashmere Washington and Wenatchee.

Soooo, Who's out there??
Old 01-11-2012, 06:57 PM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Manchester - Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by White Rabbit
I noticed a LOT of younger guys coming into the forum. Most car shows i go to is just my friend group and all the "Corvette" guys act like we are a bunch of punk kids (Im 27). I think it would be great to meet up with some local people that actually drive their cars and do more then regurgitate the factory stats and highlights and pat each other on the back..

Every Friday night when the weather is nice "Tom Dick & Harry's" has a car show in an open field by the restaurant right off the highway.. Awesome cars every week and great people. its right between Cashmere Washington and Wenatchee.

Soooo, Who's out there??
I will be in a couple years. We bought property over there and will build. I didn't know that TD&H had a show every Friday. Great food by the way...we'll be just up the hill from them. But do they do this year round or only in the summer season?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:19 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

Spring/summer.. i use to live out on that end of town too.. really nice out there
Old 01-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Johnz02Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Car show

It is too far for me to be a "regular" but I may come over that way sometime. My 02 Z06 is a daily driver and I love it! I drive it to work every day and avg 12 MPG...Thank GOD I only live 3 miles from work! I have had it since August and put 3000+ miles on it so far.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Johnz02Z06
It is too far for me to be a "regular" but I may come over that way sometime. My 02 Z06 is a daily driver and I love it! I drive it to work every day and avg 12 MPG...Thank GOD I only live 3 miles from work! I have had it since August and put 3000+ miles on it so far.
Lol I know what it takes to get that low of mileage..
keep your foot out of it! lol
Old 01-11-2012, 09:15 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Soooo, Who's out there??
Nice area. We come over there every fall to run our vintage hydroplanes on Lake Chelan. Maybe a few of us Corvette people can come over early and take part in what seems to be a fun Friday night. I'm up for that.

Have you been following the forum regarding the annual Leavenworth trip? Might be a good opportunity for you to meet some more of us "snobs". You certainly don't seem like a punk kid... Might be fun to meet new friends and see some different cars.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Johnz02Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Lol I know what it takes to get that low of mileage..
keep your foot out of it! lol
Yea Yea I know, I am very happy with my car and get great MPG...When I feel like it! Drove form Everett to Bellingham (50+ miles) and got 24 MPG driving 75 MPH most of the way!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:15 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by last901
Nice area. We come over there every fall to run our vintage hydroplanes on Lake Chelan. Maybe a few of us Corvette people can come over early and take part in what seems to be a fun Friday night. I'm up for that.

Have you been following the forum regarding the annual Leavenworth trip? Might be a good opportunity for you to meet some more of us "snobs". You certainly don't seem like a punk kid... Might be fun to meet new friends and see some different cars.
I went to the Leavenworth show a couple years ago. its when my car was bone stock so i hid it in the corner

But i do know of a GREAT drive thats right out side of Leavenworth going into Plain Washington.. EPIC drive and you dont have to speed to have a good time..

Last edited by White Rabbit; 01-11-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Crepitus
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi! I live in the north end of the east side. There is 3 or 4 black C4s running around, one is mine. I should check out the TD&Harries, caught the Vette run last apple blossom. Maby a beer at the Buzz some time. The hill comming out of Plain is a blast! Short but sweet!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:10 AM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

But i do know of a GREAT drive thats right out side of Leavenworth going into Plain Washington.. EPIC drive and you dont have to speed to have a good time..
Are you talking about Chumstick drive?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:27 AM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Crepitus
Hi! I live in the north end of the east side. There is 3 or 4 black C4s running around, one is mine. I should check out the TD&Harries, caught the Vette run last apple blossom. Maby a beer at the Buzz some time. The hill comming out of Plain is a blast! Short but sweet!
Somewhere around 27th and Sunset in east Wenatchee, is a red C4 body on a truck frame, west side of the road. Strange to see.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:11 PM
rwarhol
Racer

We take our 5th wheel trailer to Wenatchee River County Park in the summer time, and we have walked across the street to look at the cars. Very nice little show.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:15 PM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rwarhol
We take our 5th wheel trailer to Wenatchee River County Park in the summer time, and we have walked across the street to look at the cars. Very nice little show.
The Confluence park show is not too bad. We went there last year and saw a lot of great cars.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:35 PM
White Rabbit
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DidntSettle
Somewhere around 27th and Sunset in east Wenatchee, is a red C4 body on a truck frame, west side of the road. Strange to see.
Its really ghetto looking.. i want to get a picture of my car next to it

Originally Posted by MisterMidlifeCrisis
Are you talking about Chumstick drive?
Yes, thats where the local law enforcement told me to go when i want to drive fast.. if so see a pack of 4 riders on early 2000's crotch rockets, its a bunch of cops.. theyre pretty cool...
Old 01-15-2012, 05:14 PM
HOMERLIKEBEER
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

East Wenatchee for me.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Crepitus
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DidntSettle
Ohhh Ya had to bring that up! Its about 2 blocks from my house. Different, thats for sure.

The Apple Cup show at Confluence is a good time. WSP made a complete a$$ of themselves with a 0 tolerance policy handing out tickets for even the most CS violations.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Todds427
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I live kind of close and make several trips that way each year. I hope to get in on the Leavenworth trip this year, just need to know when it is? Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Who is near the Wenachee Valley?

Old 01-16-2012, 01:32 PM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Yes, thats where the local law enforcement told me to go when i want to drive fast.. if so see a pack of 4 riders on early 2000's crotch rockets, its a bunch of cops.. theyre pretty cool...
Really? So the LEOs are cool with people enjoying their performance vehicles on that road? Nice! I'd been on there once but was driving pretty sedately.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:39 PM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm not sure how much money I'd bank on that. You never know about LEO's.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:31 PM
MisterMidlifeCrisis
Drifting

Right, which is why I was driving sedately the first time. There was also another thread about how the LEOs have, paraphrasing, a "hard on" for cars without front license plates and that just makes me wonder if this is really something I can bank on.

Quick Reply: Who is near the Wenachee Valley?