Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

All Corvette Show and Shine July 9th

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Crewrow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
I suspect he may still be down there looking for (or at) those cookies. Great line though. I'm going to get some mileage out of that one.

Poodle Girl is so much fun to be around (but don't pound on the windows of his enclosure or try to feed him without heavy gloves or a taser).

Were you there, Ken, when Fred and I had to wrestle him to the ground before he could get his shirt off? Come to think of it, I guess if I wore a shirt that ugly... well, never mind.

He was actually pretty mild today. Must be back on his meds..
Had a great time hanging out with you, Fred, and Walter. Was nice to get back around vette's again. I'll be calling you when I'm ready to get the motor mounts or some other "non-essential" part cut out of my car....
Old 07-09-2011, 08:58 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Crewrow
Had a great time hanging out with you, Fred, and Walter. Was nice to get back around vette's again. I'll be calling you when I'm ready to get the motor mounts or some other "non-essential" part cut out of my car....
Huh? Oh you must have been listening to the conversation between Adam and Poodle Girl. I sent PG some snapshots of my recent activities at the Hydroplane museum, with emphasis on a couple of small lazy jobs I did the other day. Mostly making some small drain holes in the sponsons and adding a few stiffeners to the forward battens of same.

Adam for some reason seems to imply I've ripped the entire bottom out of the hull and Poodle Girl is apparently having difficulty understanding the concept of drain holes. It may have something to do in either case because the hull is still upside down and, well... Well, they are among my group of friends and that may explain everything.

That's not to say however, I'm ignoring your generous "offer" of motor mounts. Since we're months away from getting a decent Rolls Merlin ready for the Blue Blaster, we've been using her motor mounts to help supplement the clamps, duct tape and other materials to form the aluminum we're (finally) putting on the sponsons.

That's my story anyway and I'm sticking to it.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:12 PM
vetfeva2
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on your award. Well deserved.

I was in front of you down the hill into Redmond on 85th. your car looked great.
Hey I saw you there but didn't get a chance to say hi. You've got a really nice looking vette and I heard you won an award? Congrats
It was a nice turn out indeed. Thanks for the comps guys. This was not just any award but her FIRST award. I swear she drove better on the way home than she ever did before. I think that she must have been smiling and basking in the moment.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:56 AM
Crewrow
Racer

Huh? Oh you must have been listening to the conversation between Adam and Poodle Girl. I sent PG some snapshots of my recent activities at the Hydroplane museum, with emphasis on a couple of small lazy jobs I did the other day. Mostly making some small drain holes in the sponsons and adding a few stiffeners to the forward battens of same.

Adam for some reason seems to imply I've ripped the entire bottom out of the hull and Poodle Girl is apparently having difficulty understanding the concept of drain holes. It may have something to do in either case because the hull is still upside down and, well... Well, they are among my group of friends and that may explain everything.

That's not to say however, I'm ignoring your generous "offer" of motor mounts. Since we're months away from getting a decent Rolls Merlin ready for the Blue Blaster, we've been using her motor mounts to help supplement the clamps, duct tape and other materials to form the aluminum we're (finally) putting on the sponsons.

That's my story anyway and I'm sticking to it.
Oh dear, the old age IS kicking in...I(crewrow) AM Adam.......

p.s. Walter leave the lot in a Mazda?
Old 07-10-2011, 11:52 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Oh dear, the old age IS kicking in...I(crewrow) AM Adam.......

Forgive me, old age must have kicked in. So, which one is Fred?

p.s. Walter leave the lot in a Mazda?

Not yet, but I'll continue to work on him.
How personally embarrasing.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Seattle C4
Racer

I suspect he may still be down there looking for (or at) those cookies. Great line though. I'm going to get some mileage out of that one.

Poodle Girl is so much fun to be around (but don't pound on the windows of his enclosure or try to feed him without heavy gloves or a taser).

Were you there, Ken, when Fred and I had to wrestle him to the ground before he could get his shirt off? Come to think of it, I guess if I wore a shirt that ugly... well, never mind.

He was actually pretty mild today. Must be back on his meds..
New medication but still the same old Poodle Girl. Did he make a grand exit as usual?
Old 07-10-2011, 03:55 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Seattle C4
New medication but still the same old Poodle Girl. Did he make a grand exit as usual?
He must have. As he was leaving I heard a lot of people let out a collective sigh, followed shortly by some applause. For a second I thought they were still handing out awards but I noticed all eyes were on that blue ZO6 with the unfinished wheels heading down 85th.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Otis S.
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

We made it out for a little while. Left right before the awards, congrats vetfeva. Anyone else check out the 2011 Grand Sport they had for sale?
Old 07-17-2011, 11:24 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Seattle C4
Stopped by and it was a nice turn out. Fred, Awesome exhaust setup! Unfortunately mine is still in the shop.

Hopefully Poodle Girl tracked down those girl scout cookies.
Hey, where is the video/audio recording of Fred's exhaust.....who BTY took first place for the mods category inspite of the fact he didn't register in it!

Just goes to show the people will support the best car Congrats Fred!

Quick Reply: All Corvette Show and Shine July 9th