Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Corvette caravan w/o Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 12:54 PM
karmann
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette caravan w/o Corvette

On the last caravan I was on with our club several brought their other cars and trucks. Being surrounded by these vehicles I couldnt even see the other Vettes and it felt like a regular drive not a caravan. I would prefer that the other vehicles go to the back of the pack and would appreciate other opinions on the subject. I am not criticizing anyone for not wanting to drive their cars as some are more show cars than cruisers.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Worthington
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

That's what we did the last event I put together. Had 4 other cars and they were asked to stay at the rear of the pack.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:04 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

one of our members has a '73 he bought in high school, but many times brings his Subaru and come up the back and carries the coolers and such. Even got a decal that says "SUBAVETTE" He also lets the leader know if someone is caught at a light. Most of us have CBs., which were a lot of fun and handy on the Bowling Green trip!! But know what you mean, a lot more fun looking at Vette butts!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:50 PM
ZfidyONE-84
Melting Slicks

does it really matter? i'm just saying
Old 03-05-2010, 02:54 AM
gsport
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZfidyONE-84
does it really matter? i'm just saying
yep, it matters..... i agree, if it's a vette run, then it should be all vettes TOGETHER... and any non vettes should be happy just bringing up the rear..
Old 03-05-2010, 11:19 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by gsport
yep, it matters..... i agree, if it's a vette run, then it should be all vettes TOGETHER... and any non vettes should be happy just bringing up the rear..
Racist
Old 03-06-2010, 01:38 AM
nwc6
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-06-2010, 06:20 AM
884fun
Pro

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Racist
Old 03-07-2010, 06:33 PM
INGER67
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
St Jude Donor '15

It matters. I've been on Corvette runs for the past 10 years or so and nothing is better than seeing a string of Corvettes ahead of you and a string of Corvettes behind you.

Now that I have a Miata I may still go on road trips....but I'm going to be in the back with the Subaru. I just won't be able to carry much with me.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:31 PM
dreamer2468
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I went on a run a year or two back, and it was mostly NON-corvette, and a lot of young kids in souped up cars that didn't drive the way we drive when we go on runs as in not staying together, no idea where we were going etc..

I am honestly going to say it was not very enjoyable, as there were way too many and if you happened to get separated from the group, it was impossible to hook back up cause all the other cars looked alike! (Now THAT'S racist)

Seriously though, the vettes were not together, and it just seemed to me like a drive down the freeway where you would see another occasional vette.

Laura
Old 03-07-2010, 10:37 PM
ZfidyONE-84
Melting Slicks

don't get me wrong jim, i believe if its a corvette, then drive your corvette, but back to bowling green, thats a long distance, and i probally would not have driven the 90 back there since its a high mileage car, and likely something would happen to it, and maybe there were some arrangements where some people had to bring a tin car... (ie bringing extra people) but i agree they belong in the back of the pack
Old 03-10-2010, 12:02 AM
mydejavooo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by INGER67
.... nothing is better than seeing a string of Corvettes ahead of you and a string of Corvettes behind you......
....said the guy in the Geo Metro, sandwiched between a a bunch of Corvettes! I understand where you are coming from, and it really does defeat the purpose of going on a Vette run in something other than a Corvette. But I will say, from personal experience, that it sucks being the guy bringing up the rear on one of those runs. All it does is make you feel like crap because you aren't driving YOUR Corvette. Had that experience when I was building my 78, and the other "cool" C4 and C5 guys were really snobby about not being in a Corvette. Maybe it was just the group I ran with...a bunch of guys with a lot of money and no jobs....but it was a real eye opener for me on how NOT to treat others. And Corvette guys get a little bit of a bad rep anyways......but maybe that's just from the polyester butterfly collared shirt, hairy chest, and gold chains!

Deja
Old 03-10-2010, 09:52 AM
mikelmco
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mydejavooo
....said the guy in the Geo Metro, sandwiched between a a bunch of Corvettes! I understand where you are coming from, and it really does defeat the purpose of going on a Vette run in something other than a Corvette. But I will say, from personal experience, that it sucks being the guy bringing up the rear on one of those runs. All it does is make you feel like crap because you aren't driving YOUR Corvette. Had that experience when I was building my 78, and the other "cool" C4 and C5 guys were really snobby about not being in a Corvette. Maybe it was just the group I ran with...a bunch of guys with a lot of money and no jobs....but it was a real eye opener for me on how NOT to treat others. And Corvette guys get a little bit of a bad rep anyways......but maybe that's just from the polyester butterfly collared shirt, hairy chest, and gold chains!

Deja
There actions should have set off the bells telling you to find a better group to run with. Just a group of a-holes who use the corvette as a cover. JMHO
Mike
Old 03-11-2010, 09:31 PM
mydejavooo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mikelmco
There actions should have set off the bells telling you to find a better group to run with. Just a group of a-holes who use the corvette as a cover. JMHO
Mike
150% And THAT is why I am no longer in that Corvette club. Sad too....since that is the only Corvette club around. I guess I'll be looking for others to cruise with, even if that means they are not all Corvette.

Deja

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette caravan w/o Corvette

Quick Reply: Corvette caravan w/o Corvette