Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Corvette & High Performance Meet - Your Input

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 01:30 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Corvette & High Performance Meet - Your Input

I have been asked by the organizers of the Corvette and High Performance Meet to get some input from the owners of later model Corvettes (primarily C5 and C6 folks) here in the Pacific Northwest to tell them how the Meet can incorporate features of interest beyond what the Meet provides for restoration of older Vettes and the used parts for other collector vehicles and performance components.

Post your replies for suggestions for what you would like to see would be appreciated. You can also PM or email me if you like.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:39 PM
03Z06GUY
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are talking about the one up north at the fairgrounds (the swapmeet). I would say have less crap laying around (garage sale stuff) bring in more vendors (mequirs, adams, etc...) Have it be more like a show than a swap meet. There were alot of nice cars up there last year that you could have made a show out of. Driving 2 hours to look at garage sale crap was annoying. I want to find stuff for my car (03 z) not 68 chevelle parts from someones garage just thrown on the ground. Make it more consumer friendly and you will do alot better. Just my .02 .
Old 01-27-2008, 04:26 PM
bryantbjb
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03Z06GUY
If you are talking about the one up north at the fairgrounds (the swapmeet). I would say have less crap laying around (garage sale stuff) bring in more vendors (mequirs, adams, etc...) Have it be more like a show than a swap meet. There were alot of nice cars up there last year that you could have made a show out of. Driving 2 hours to look at garage sale crap was annoying. I want to find stuff for my car (03 z) not 68 chevelle parts from someones garage just thrown on the ground. Make it more consumer friendly and you will do alot better. Just my .02 .

We went 2 years ago and do not plan in attending this year. Have a C4 and C6 and would have enjoyed more of a show than misc parts. Did like how some of the dealerships had vette's there.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:19 PM
QU1NT
Instructor

I would say have less crap laying around (garage sale stuff) bring in more vendors (mequirs, adams, etc...) Have it be more like a show than a swap meet. There were alot of nice cars up there last year that you could have made a show out of. Driving 2 hours to look at garage sale crap was annoying. I want to find stuff for my car (03 z) not 68 chevelle parts from someones garage just thrown on the ground.
Don't hold back man, tell us how you really feel
Old 01-27-2008, 05:32 PM
03Z06GUY
Burning Brakes

I only speaks the truth brutha!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 06:29 PM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Manchester - Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't need to pay to get in to see junk...and there is a lot of it.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:22 PM
HOMERLIKEBEER
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I Have Been Going To This "meet" Off And On (more Off) For The Better Part Of 20 Years Now And Have Found A Couple Resto Parts From Both Venders And Private People. I Live In Eastern Wash. And For The Life Of Me I Could Never Figure Out Why In Hell A Corvette Show Is Held In Febuary. The Way I See It, If People Could Drive Their Cars It Could Be More Of A "show" As Well As A Come See What I Had Laying Around Sale. I Doubt I Will Make The Trip Over This Year Even Though I Am Picking Up A 2002 Z06 This Week, It Just Does Not Appeal To Me Anymore To Walk Around In The Cold. Just My .02
Old 01-27-2008, 08:39 PM
AFRob
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I went last year. First time.
I didn't expect the flea market atmosphere.
Enjoyed the indoor car displays and talking with the different clubs that were represented.
Suggestions:
--More vendors would be the biggest improvement.--Heck Griot's Garage is local. It would be nice to talk with some of the local performance shops.--Corvettes of Auburn, CHP from Olympia, etc.
--How about a dyno for runs or even a tune
--Didn't someone offer a tune at the national Corvette gathering? I don't think it was a dyno thing, but it was a good rate and folks seemed happy from what I read.

Rob
Old 01-27-2008, 11:02 PM
redroket
Racer

Default swap meet

I went last year and it cost me a bundle! I talked my wife into going with me and told her if it was not interesting I would buy dinner at any place she wanted. Well guess what, I had to buy dinner at Canlis!
This is not being properly advertised. I could find nothing of any value to anyone owning a C5 or C6. Just a lot of old junk laying around just like a swap meet.
I won't go again!
Old 01-28-2008, 12:29 AM
black783
Racer

Wow...I was going to go for the first time this year...but based on these posts I'm not....do not need to waste my time. You do have to wonder about having it this time of year.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:51 AM
shawden
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

You need more vendors selling NEW parts and accessories… Also have more Vettes inside for the car show…..
Old 01-28-2008, 09:35 AM
DidntSettle
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Manchester - Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by shawden

You need more vendors selling NEW parts and accessories… Also have more Vettes inside for the car show…..
Right now there is no incentive to drive my Vette there in Feb. But I might, if there was a show 'n' shine or something like that, so there would be other Corvettes to look at. Ecklers had a booth last year, but were not selling anything because of some tax implication. They would take catalog orders but that was it. What's that about?
Old 01-28-2008, 11:21 AM
mixermike
Burning Brakes

Old 01-28-2008, 03:04 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by AFRob
I went last year. First time.
I didn't expect the flea market atmosphere.
Enjoyed the indoor car displays and talking with the different clubs that were represented.
Suggestions:
--More vendors would be the biggest improvement.--Heck Griot's Garage is local. It would be nice to talk with some of the local performance shops.--Corvettes of Auburn, CHP from Olympia, etc.
--How about a dyno for runs or even a tune
--Didn't someone offer a tune at the national Corvette gathering? I don't think it was a dyno thing, but it was a good rate and folks seemed happy from what I read.

Rob
Corvettes of Auburn has been there each time I have gone.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

I don't get it. It's labeled as a swap meet.

I did a hell of a lot of stock car racing over the years and went to a lot of swap meets. Every swap meet I've ever been to was a bunch guys trying to buy/sell/trade all their old left over stuff. Parts left over when they moved up or down a division. Used stuff they don't need anymore and want to try to sell. Things like that. Kind of more or less what you describe here.

I haven't been to this swap meet because I have no interest anymore, but going by the name, and by my past history with race car swap meets over the years, what you describe is exactly what I'd expect to find there.

I'm wondering if your expectations aren't matching what they are promoting.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Iroczlover
Drifting

it is a Swap meet & from someone that goes Every year either to just hang out with friends or to help run our club booth (mainly the running of the club booth)

Personally I would like to see the GARAGE sale Crap go a way, the person selling beding, clothing, that type of garbage can go a way. Its a AUTO swap meet NOT a GET rid of your JUNK Meet.

yea its ok to have a small section for the ladies there, but If its NOT auto dont let it in.

LOL I have to Call Larry tomorrow to see if we have a club booth lol.

OH it is a fun event to meet & greet many of the people who you dont see every year or alot of the times. lol I only see Larry & Karen oh about 50 times a year but its always good to see them.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:33 PM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DidntSettle
Right now there is no incentive to drive my Vette there in Feb. But I might, if there was a show 'n' shine or something like that, so there would be other Corvettes to look at.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette & High Performance Meet - Your Input

Old 01-29-2008, 06:28 PM
avideo
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Default I Understand There Will Be No Auction..........

this year. That is a major mistake in my book. In fact, for the first time in some years, I'm in a position to actually buy a car at auction if the right one shows up.
I really have no problem with the meet otherwise - as I own an older and newer pair of Corvettes. And usually come home with something worthwhile from each meet.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Goobzilla
Advanced

The flyer I got the other day said that the Silver car auction was canceled by mutual agreement.

Silver will have auctions in Seattle on 2/23, Spokane on 4/5 and Portland 4/12, so fear not!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:55 AM
pro1955
Pro

When I was racing full time it was a great place to sell race parts, it seems as time goes on it's turned into garage sale. They need to have more vendors, time of year has always hurt turnout IMO, it should be a one day event. I think the auction leaving will hurt turn out, it seems every year the meet gets smaller and more junk and less Hipo stuff. I have been renting a stall at this event for a least 10 years, this will be the first year I won't make it. Larry and Karen need to inject some interest in this meet or it will slowly go by-by.

Quick Reply: Corvette & High Performance Meet - Your Input