Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

So what is the deal with Rick Stark?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:50 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Interesting thread. Rick Stark has been around for many years. He must be doing something right or he's living off a trust fund or some such..

Long before I had a Corvette I assumed Stark, largely because of his racing activities, would be the guy to support. Apparently not.

I'm sure glad this forum provides such information.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:03 AM
AndreG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was informed that his late father was wealthy and would bail him out when required. He clearly has serious mental problems which would make me feel sorry for him had I not been a target of his deceitful behavior and poor business practices. He is a sponsor of a local corvette club which is a shame as I would like to attend an event sometime but running into him would simply be a very bad situation given I clearly have some serious remaining hostility in his regard. I was there once and some poor guy had Rick rebuild his motor and was concerned given it smoked and was getting worse. Rick started yelling at him and get this, told the guy he was such an ignorant F*&^ he didn't deserve to drive a corvette. Another guy I know used to work for Rick, he told me that when Rick did alignments sometimes he would just remove and replace the steering wheel so it looked straight then charged them Of course the alignment was still screwed and the turn signals would cancel at the wrong tmes or not at all. Simply amazing!
Old 10-02-2007, 02:50 AM
QU1NT
Instructor

Originally Posted by AndreG
I was informed that his late father was wealthy and would bail him out when required. He clearly has serious mental problems which would make me feel sorry for him had I not been a target of his deceitful behavior and poor business practices. He is a sponsor of a local corvette club which is a shame as I would like to attend an event sometime but running into him would simply be a very bad situation given I clearly have some serious remaining hostility in his regard. I was there once and some poor guy had Rick rebuild his motor and was concerned given it smoked and was getting worse. Rick started yelling at him and get this, told the guy he was such an ignorant F*&^ he didn't deserve to drive a corvette. Another guy I know used to work for Rick, he told me that when Rick did alignments sometimes he would just remove and replace the steering wheel so it looked straight then charged them Of course the alignment was still screwed and the turn signals would cancel at the wrong tmes or not at all. Simply amazing!
Wow
Old 10-02-2007, 09:41 AM
XC6VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AndreG
...He is a sponsor of a local corvette club which is a shame as I would like to attend an event sometime but running into him would simply be a very bad situation...
Funny you should mention this....I have a similar feeling, but more because I feel it reflects poorly on the club. Then again, I wouldn't want to join a club that would have me as a member!
Old 10-02-2007, 01:20 PM
MUFFLER
Racer

I'm a member of the Club (CMCS) that Rick helps to sponsor and although I certainly don't attend all of their functions, in the 13 years I have been a member I have never seen him and wouldn't know him if I did. As such I would never let the remote possibility of running into him stop me from attending and enjoying the many and varied activities the Club has to offer.

Pat
Old 10-02-2007, 05:43 PM
AndreG
Racer

Originally Posted by MUFFLER
I'm a member of the Club (CMCS) that Rick helps to sponsor and although I certainly don't attend all of their functions, in the 13 years I have been a member I have never seen him and wouldn't know him if I did. As such I would never let the remote possibility of running into him stop me from attending and enjoying the many and varied activities the Club has to offer.

Pat
Thanks Muffler! I will come check you guys out then sometime. Would love to see some of your cars. Just didn't want to be the "new guy" showing up and causing a scene AS posted above, I'm not sre I would want to be a meber of a club that would accept me also. Pretty funny!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:03 PM
TAC
Drifting

Originally Posted by MUFFLER

Pat
I couldn't put it any better, Pat. Andre, Rick has never attended any CMCS event in the 7 years I've been a member. Tim, his mechanic, has come to several of our Christmas parties.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:02 PM
kimoJR
Heel & Toe

Default repairs in Seattle area

I have a 1980 Vette and live in the Seattle area where would you recomend getting some work done on it?
Thanks!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:09 AM
jcdiaz442
1st Gear

Default Corvette Service

Are there any alternative repair shops to Rick Stark Enterprises in the greater Seattle/Eastside areas that also specialize in corvettes?

Quick Reply: So what is the deal with Rick Stark?