Other Country Events Other Countries

European Road Trip Planned...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 05:03 AM
Andrew CM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default European Road Trip Planned...

Next June we plan on taking the Vette from the UK, across to Calais, down through France, into Spain and on to Murcia.

The journey is part of the holiday so was thinking on 2 or 3 days to make the journey each way with a couple of overnight stops in nice places to break it up. The Paradors in Spain sound good.

The sat nav gives it as 1191 miles and 16 hours one way. That would involve nearly all motorway (which would not be overly enjoyable ) cutting diagonally across France and down the east coast of Spain.

Anyone got views on a route or places to stay on the journey?

Also any specific prep on the Vette a good idea before we set off?

I've posted this in the C5 general forum too as that seems to generate more replies!
Old 01-10-2008, 06:07 PM
RAP
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I have one suggestion......in June there is the 24 hours of Lemans Race.....come out to Camp Corvette and party while watching Corvette kick butt and a bunch of Corvettes parked right at the edge of the track..
Old 01-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Andrew CM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAP
Well, I have one suggestion......in June there is the 24 hours of Lemans Race.....come out to Camp Corvette and party while watching Corvette kick butt and a bunch of Corvettes parked right at the edge of the track..
Thanks - we are passing Le Mans on the test day (1 June) and i've booked a place just south of there so we can see a bit of the action from about 1pm - 8pm.

We'll be in Spain for the race proper, I think that may be a plan for next year!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:31 PM
supersmoothpunk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I love going to Lacanau, Hourtin and Hossegor and that west coast of france which would conveniently take you across to Spain, I did it last year but that was when I owned a VW van not the vette. Anyway have fun.

Get notified of new replies

To European Road Trip Planned...

Quick Reply: European Road Trip Planned...