Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

[VIDEO] Race against a badass Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 09:42 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default [VIDEO] Race against a badass Camaro

Not my fastest run of the day (5 runs) but the fastest car I raced..

Another one against a 11 second Gen 1 Camaro..

Last edited by GrandSportC3; 10-07-2023 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2023, 08:11 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Also raced 2 different Mustang GT's. They both didn't have good runs.. The black Mustang that ran high 13's ran high 11's a few runs later

https://youtu.be/I2Ai25QtGv0?si=AyvsuUCEdujC9Yhv

https://youtu.be/3ydqiKSm0aM?si=k3UmCzc6RdWGp2-I
Old 09-11-2023, 09:19 PM
JJS04
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Yea your car is fast and Im sure very thrilling in a straight line but there is absolutely no sport in it. No wrenching, no test and tune, no driver skill. Total boredom. Seeing these on the highway is the equivalent of seeing a Camry.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:41 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JJS04
Yea your car is fast and Im sure very thrilling in a straight line but there is absolutely no sport in it. No wrenching, no test and tune, no driver skill. Total boredom. Seeing these on the highway is the equivalent of seeing a Camry.
I do drive electric because I do NOT have the time to wrench and I also want to have a warranty on the expensive parts and you can't beat a 150k mile warranty on all the expensive parts. As for drivers skill, I raced Vettes for many years and if you race a gas car on slicks with transbrake, you need exactly the same skills as you need with an EV.

Gas car: Hold the transbrake button, floor the accelerator and let go of the transbrake button at the right moment
Tesla Plaid: Hold the brake pedal to the floor, floor the accelerator and let go of the brake pedal at the right moment

Both cars: keep car straight

Now, please tell me where one or the other takes more skill???
I have to say, racing a stick shift car requires more skill than racing an automatic gas car or EV.. No doubt. But automatic = same thing as an EV when it comes to skill.

BTW, as for skill... In 2007, I was 4 hundreds of a second from winning a Wally.. I was in the Wally Race final and lost by 4 hundreds of a second with a 0.06 light and 0.03 seconds above my dial.
Post from 2007:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...o-a-wally.html

With other words, I have some pretty good credentials from my Vette racing days.. I won several races and came in 2nd a few times.

Last edited by GrandSportC3; 09-11-2023 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-07-2023, 07:26 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

additional view

Old 10-07-2023, 08:17 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandSportC3
I do drive electric because I do NOT have the time to wrench and I also want to have a warranty on the expensive parts and you can't beat a 150k mile warranty on all the expensive parts. As for drivers skill, I raced Vettes for many years and if you race a gas car on slicks with transbrake, you need exactly the same skills as you need with an EV.

Gas car: Hold the transbrake button, floor the accelerator and let go of the transbrake button at the right moment
Tesla Plaid: Hold the brake pedal to the floor, floor the accelerator and let go of the brake pedal at the right moment

Both cars: keep car straight

Now, please tell me where one or the other takes more skill???
I have to say, racing a stick shift car requires more skill than racing an automatic gas car or EV.. No doubt. But automatic = same thing as an EV when it comes to skill.

BTW, as for skill... In 2007, I was 4 hundreds of a second from winning a Wally.. I was in the Wally Race final and lost by 4 hundreds of a second with a 0.06 light and 0.03 seconds above my dial.
Post from 2007:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...o-a-wally.html

With other words, I have some pretty good credentials from my Vette racing days.. I won several races and came in 2nd a few times.

It's a video. We have the look and the sound. Your car has no sound. Essentially - it's been neutered. Then......it looks like an appliance. Now, both ***** removed twice. You are a hard core drag racer, and I can respect that, but it is BORING to watch - plain and simple.
Old 10-07-2023, 08:47 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
It's a video. We have the look and the sound. Your car has no sound. Essentially - it's been neutered. Then......it looks like an appliance. Now, both ***** removed twice. You are a hard core drag racer, and I can respect that, but it is BORING to watch - plain and simple.
If you think that a 9 second car is boring because it has no sound that you have never driven a 9 second car. The other car has sound, so, that takes care of the sound part.
I prefer to race against gas cars than other EV's as I like the sound in the other lane.. Unfortunately, it becomes more and more quiet as it disappears in the other lane behind me.

Look, I do like gas cars as much as EV's but I just don't have the time to wrench on a gas race car. I did it for years. I raced old and late Model Vettes. And ALL of them required wrenching and tweaking and if I wanted traction, I needed slicks and that meant hauling the car with a trailer. It works for a single guy or a guy without younger kids that has a 9 to 5 job but not for someone like me who has a full time job, runs a business and has 2 school aged kids.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:55 PM
JJS04
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

You spend so much time trying to convince others how amazing electric cars are. My thoughts are still the same…..🥱
Old 10-27-2023, 12:28 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

You spend so much time trying to convince others how amazing electric cars are. My thoughts are still the same…..🥱
Not trying to convince anyone. All I'm doing is reporting my experience just like I did with my Vettes and other cars. I posted about my F150 FX2 Supercrew, my Mustang Convertible, my Ferrari Testarossa and all the other cars I had. Just like I didn't try to convince anyone that the Testarossa was a better sports car than a Vette, I'm not trying to convince anyone that they should get a Tesla. All I'm doing is reporting my experiences with my vehicles. I like quick. I like a great warranty with no headaches for 150k miles. I like the space my Model X Plaid offers. It's the best car FOR ME. It may not be the best for others.
Old 10-28-2023, 10:54 PM
ClipperFan
Race Director

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

I believe you GSC but it’s still funny
Old 10-29-2023, 06:38 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

And there are many here who spend so much time trying to convince him he has made a poor choice.
I don't understand that.
He likes running 9's without some of the traditional hassle.
I get it.
Old 10-30-2023, 07:15 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by vrybad
And there are many here who spend so much time trying to convince him he has made a poor choice.
I don't understand that.
He likes running 9's without some of the traditional hassle.
I get it.
And to boot, none of them have probably ever raced, like ...... ever.

Old 11-17-2023, 11:00 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,011 Likes on 2,891 Posts

Yup......not sure what the point is. A big yaaaaaawwwwnn....
Old 11-18-2023, 08:15 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Get notified of new replies

To [VIDEO] Race against a badass Camaro