Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Ordered a Wrangler

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 11:47 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,876 Likes on 4,276 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I agreed to losing the deposit if I didn’t complete the purchase. I did ask nicely knowing the dealer could easily sell it for msrp. Dealer stood firm.
Thats life
The only non-refundable deposit I've ever had was on our '23 GCL order. It was after a VIN was assigned & we were getting it for 4% below invoice. Did your order specifically state the deposit was non-refundable?
Old 03-13-2024, 11:56 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by JABCAT
The only non-refundable deposit I've ever had was on our '23 GCL order. It was after a VIN was assigned & we were getting it for 4% below invoice. Did your order specifically state the deposit was non-refundable?
Yes. And the JLU was ordered at 6 or 7% under invoice. Gupton Motors which is about 40-50 miles north of Nashville.
Old 03-14-2024, 08:23 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Yes. And the JLU was ordered at 6 or 7% under invoice. Gupton Motors which is about 40-50 miles north of Nashville.
Gotcha, I'm familiar. We ordered the GCL from Granger in IA. Our JLU was ordered from a local dealer at 1% below invoice (before I found Granger) because my wife qualified for affiliate pricing. No deposit was given for that order so nothing lost when we opted not to purchase.
Old 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Originally Posted by JABCAT
Gotcha, I'm familiar. We ordered the GCL from Granger in IA. Our JLU was ordered from a local dealer at 1% below invoice (before I found Granger) because my wife qualified for affiliate pricing. No deposit was given for that order so nothing lost when we opted not to purchase.
We bought our 392 from Granger.
Old 03-14-2024, 05:51 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,220 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict
I hate you all. Spent 20 minutes looking at 2 door Wranglers.

Just take a short drive in one of your current toys.....you'll be over is quickly....

The Jeep juice will wear off really quickly....
Old 03-14-2024, 06:29 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Just take a short drive in one of your current toys.....you'll be over is quickly....

The Jeep juice will wear off really quickly....
I view the Wranglers in the same category as my Z06, fun to drive sparingly. I did daily our previous JKU for a few years, but it wasn't the most enjoyable. We just spent a week on an island and most speed limits were 30-35 mph, so the Wrangler was perfect for cruising around the island with the top off.
Old 04-20-2024, 11:08 AM
Eric Cahill
Pro

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

Bought this 16 years ago. Special Edition 146/1000 marketing the movie "Sahara". 6sp running 35 with 4.88's. I spend so much time off road I wore out shocks so fast, I upgraded to ORI struts and RK long arm kit. Love it, will never sell it.

05 LJ
Old 04-20-2024, 08:08 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Eric Cahill
Bought this 16 years ago. Special Edition 146/1000 marketing the movie "Sahara". 6sp running 35 with 4.88's. I spend so much time off road I wore out shocks so fast, I upgraded to ORI struts and RK long arm kit. Love it, will never sell it.

05 LJ
we have one of those in the same color
Rubihara!
Old 04-20-2024, 09:02 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Boy, life has tossed me a few curve *****. After cancelling the Wrangler I bought a 2023 Honda Type R. Absolutely love the car and drive it every chance I get. Even the wife likes it and drives it often.
The current curve ball? We decided to try to sell our house in January to move back to Alaska and it sold within 2 months. So now I must sell the R and find something more agreeable to Alaska once we move back up.
Back to the drawing board!
Old 04-20-2024, 09:05 PM
2500 hd
Race Director

Received 371 Likes on 232 Posts
St. Jude Donor ‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Boy, life has tossed me a few curve *****. After cancelling the Wrangler I bought a 2023 Honda Type R. Absolutely love the car and drive it every chance I get. Even the wife likes it and drives it often.
The current curve ball? We decided to try to sell our house in January to move back to Alaska and it sold within 2 months. So now I must sell the R and find something more agreeable to Alaska once we move back up.
Jeep seems perfect for Alaska.
Curious why you are moving back ?
Old 04-20-2024, 10:14 PM
Eric Cahill
Pro

Originally Posted by The_Dude
we have one of those in the same color
Rubihara!

Excellent. Do you know which #? It's been a great Jeep.

EC
Old 04-20-2024, 10:26 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Truck/SUV/Jeep.
Old 04-20-2024, 10:40 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 2500 hd
Jeep seems perfect for Alaska.
Curious why you are moving back ?
First reason, Son and his wife were both born and raised in Alaska. They moved back last year and had our only grandchild.
Second, After living in Alaska for about 30 years we realized it is our home and we have more friends there than we do in Tennessee.

Wife drives a 2017 Expedition and my ride is a 24 F350. We will look for a medium size front wheel or all wheel drive sedan as a third vehicle.
Old 04-20-2024, 10:54 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

I love my wife's BMW X3M Competition for our SUV duty, but for your situation I'd probably go with a Grand Cherokee 4x4. Good luck with whatever you choose.

* saw thinking awd sedan. Don't really have any suggestions for that one, except maybe M3 x-drive or m240/340.
Old 04-20-2024, 11:48 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

If we get a 3rd vehicle after moving it will be boring. Most likely either a Accord or Camry hybrid.
Old 04-21-2024, 01:07 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,476 Likes on 2,815 Posts

First reason, Son and his wife were both born and raised in Alaska. They moved back last year and had our only grandchild.
Second, After living in Alaska for about 30 years we realized it is our home and we have more friends there than we do in Tennessee.

Wife drives a 2017 Expedition and my ride is a 24 F350. We will look for a medium size front wheel or all wheel drive sedan as a third vehicle.
My wife's sister lived there for a few years and drove a Prius while she was there. She got moved there by the army (she ran one of their daycares), and when she moved back south, she sold it up there for more than she paid for it. Go figure.

​​​​​Sounds like you're gonna be getting a WRX or used STI soon. Maybe a GR Corolla since you have a thing for fun imports now. That said, frankly, I'd be buying based on what dealers and parts are close by up in Alaska. Depending on where you end up, you might be in one of those "have your extremely common part in a month" kinda places.
Old 04-21-2024, 10:13 AM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Eric Cahill
Excellent. Do you know which #? It's been a great Jeep.

EC
0080 We've got a few LJs, but found this one in California a couple of years ago. It was owned by an aircraft mechanic. An overlanding trailer came with it that he had built from scratch. It's an incredible piece of work.

Get notified of new replies

To Ordered a Wrangler

Old 04-21-2024, 11:15 AM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by FAUEE
My wife's sister lived there for a few years and drove a Prius while she was there. She got moved there by the army (she ran one of their daycares), and when she moved back south, she sold it up there for more than she paid for it. Go figure.

​​​​​Sounds like you're gonna be getting a WRX or used STI soon. Maybe a GR Corolla since you have a thing for fun imports now. That said, frankly, I'd be buying based on what dealers and parts are close by up in Alaska. Depending on where you end up, you might be in one of those "have your extremely common part in a month" kinda places.
Anchorage has pretty much every dealership the average person would want. Including but not limited to Acura, Lexus, BMW, Ford, Chevy, Subaru, Toyota, Porsche, Honda, Jeep, Ram, etc................
If we move to Anchorage we won't be needing a third vehicle. But if we move to the "valley" which is 50 miles out then the plan is to buy a hybrid. STI's are interesting but looking for some comfort as well.
Old 04-21-2024, 05:48 PM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

If we get a 3rd vehicle after moving it will be boring. Most likely either a Accord or Camry hybrid.
Originally Posted by FAUEE

Heres another vote for a GR Corolla. Love mine.
Old 04-21-2024, 07:00 PM
Eric Cahill
Pro

Originally Posted by The_Dude
0080 We've got a few LJs, but found this one in California a couple of years ago. It was owned by an aircraft mechanic. An overlanding trailer came with it that he had built from scratch. It's an incredible piece of work.
Sounds sweet! I usually pack my tent and gear in the back; since there is so much room. The dogs get the seat. Keep it simple.

Quick Reply: Ordered a Wrangler