Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

New best ET with the Plaid tonight..

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2023, 09:49 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Proof of 272 wh/mile claim.

Old 06-16-2023, 09:56 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by grampi50
I think he's already had too much...
yeah, I'm drinking the FACTS Koolaid..

1) my car is quicker than virtually everything out there except for maybe a few high $ exotics or heavily modded cars with questionable street use ability.
2) my car uses a fraction of the energy of equivalent gas cars and even much much slower vehicles
3) my car requires virtually no maintenance
4) my warranty covers the expensive components (motors (which also include the gearing) and battery) for 8 years and 150k miles, so I have peace of mind.
5) I don't NEED to charge outside of my home except maybe once or twice a year or by choice, like charging to 100% before a race.. The only times I used the superchargers was to get to 100% before racing.

ALL FACTS and they have zero to do with environmentalism.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:57 AM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,291 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by GrandSportC3
Because gas motors are so lame that you have to heavily modify them to get to that power level. Even a BONE STOCK DURANGO HELLCAT with 707 HP only realistically gets like 13 mph on average. And that Durango in stock trim gets smoked BADLY by my Plaid.. Not even anywhere close. 2 seconds slower 1/4 mile time.
I assume you do know that almost nobody races their street car on a drag strip, correct? What a stock electric car can do in a short straight line, with literally anyone behind the yoke, isn't impressive to anyone except you.

Tell ya what, let's enter your Tesla and my C7 in the 135 mph class in the Big Bend Open Road Race next year. Winner gets the other person's car. Or do high speed curves scare you?

Old 06-16-2023, 10:04 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Steve_R
I assume you do know that almost nobody races their street car on a drag strip, correct? What a stock electric car can do in a short straight line, with literally anyone behind the yoke, isn't impressive to anyone except you.

Tell ya what, let's enter your Tesla and my C7 in the 135 mph class in the Big Bend Open Road Race next year. Winner gets the other person's car. Or do high speed curves scare you?

So, you think that an experienced road racer in a SPORTS CAR designed for cornering beating a driver with no road race experience at all in an SUV is an accomplishment?? Really??
Now, with equally qualified drivers, I would bet that my SUV would beat the lap time of your C7 easily. Probably not with me as a driver but with someone who is qualified.
We are talking here about the VEHICLES ability, not the drivers ability. I would probably crash my car on a road course unless it's virtually empty with only one other car on the track. I have zero experience on a road course.
It's like me, as a drag racer challenging you in a BRACKET race. I consistently pull sub 0.1 second lights when I actually try. I had a 1 HUNDREDS of a second red light, so I was close to a perfect light on the run in this thread. My light on my other competitive run was 0.06 seconds (not red) but had traction issues as tires were wet from the water box. Wasn't able to shake off all the water and spun. I have won several bracket races back in the day... Still got the trophies..
I hit good lights because I have experience just like you have experience road racing.. It comes down to driver, not car.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:07 AM
Bottlejunkie
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was talking to a friend of mine last night and he said he just got a new battery from Tesla for *free. He noticed a drop or something in the battery so reported it so they monitored it for 30 days to ensure it was indeed bad and it was so they swapped it out for a new one. The * is because they found some damage on a skid plate while under there and made him pay for the repair before they would swap it.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:11 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Bottlejunkie
I was talking to a friend of mine last night and he said he just got a new battery from Tesla for *free. He noticed a drop or something in the battery so reported it so they monitored it for 30 days to ensure it was indeed bad and it was so they swapped it out for a new one. The * is because they found some damage on a skid plate while under there and made him pay for the repair before they would swap it.
He shouldn't have to pay for the replacement either way. If it can be determined that underbody damage caused the battery failure, he can make an insurance claim and if either, Tesla nor the insurance company fail to pay, this can be taken to court. One of the 2 will have to pay. If it was NOT caused by the damage, Tesla has to pay for battery replacement. If it was caused by underbody damage, the insurance has to pay. You can summon an expert that can determine if the damage was a contributing factor or not.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:19 AM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 169 Likes on 102 Posts

Coal is one of the biggest energy sources and it is derived from mining.
I didn't mention coal as my local energy mix is mostly from natural gas and nuclear. We used to be very coal heavy but they shut down both of our coal burning plants and we are now buying electricity from Orlando and their grid mix is atomic (Port St. Lucie reactor) , natural gas and a little bit of coal.. Local power comes only from natural gas and solar now that our coal plants were shut down.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/lakel...ng-power-plant
Worldwide, do you think EVs are better, about the same, or worse for the environment?
Old 06-16-2023, 10:21 AM
Sinner
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's moving out. I'm surprised that the 60ft is only 1.57. With traction control etc I would think a 1.4x is possible?
Old 06-16-2023, 10:22 AM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

So, you think that an experienced road racer in a SPORTS CAR designed for cornering beating a driver with no road race experience at all in an SUV is an accomplishment?? Really??
Now, with equally qualified drivers, I would bet that my SUV would beat the lap time of your C7 easily. Probably not with me as a driver but with someone who is qualified.
We are talking here about the VEHICLES ability, not the drivers ability. I would probably crash my car on a road course unless it's virtually empty with only one other car on the track. I have zero experience on a road course.
It's like me, as a drag racer challenging you in a BRACKET race. I consistently pull sub 0.1 second lights when I actually try. I had a 1 HUNDREDS of a second red light, so I was close to a perfect light on the run in this thread. My light on my other competitive run was 0.06 seconds (not red) but had traction issues as tires were wet from the water box. Wasn't able to shake off all the water and spun. I have won several bracket races back in the day... Still got the trophies..
I hit good lights because I have experience just like you have experience road racing.. It comes down to driver, not car.

So is that a No?

Old 06-16-2023, 10:30 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by UniqueDoug
Worldwide, do you think EVs are better, about the same, or worse for the environment?
In the long run, probably better but it's not something I'm concerned about.. Environment is not a consideration when I buy a vehicle.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:31 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

So is that a No?

You know that I wouldn't really be allowed to race, right??
Old 06-16-2023, 10:41 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Mining is rape?????
Maybe you should move into a cave and don't use electricity as it comes from coal and natural gas burning
HOW DARE YOU USE THAT AIR CONDITIONING!!! You know how much coal has to be MINED for your electricity?? SHAME ON YOU!!
Your air conditioning uses more electricity in summer months than my car. STOP USING AC if you care about the planet!!

Listen up Frenchy...........the amount of destruction of mother earth to get those stupid batteries equipped with Lithium is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!! It is way over the top. And I live in the only state/province/territory/area in North America exclusively powered by Nuclear or Hydroelectric - BECAUSE I LOVE THE EARTH!!!!!!

Take a lesson!
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

You know that I wouldn't really be allowed to race, right??
Wrong. Not in the 135 class, but there are slower classes you could run in. Could the Tesla run 110 mph average (124 mph maximum) for 130 miles without charging? Stock cars are allowed in that class.

I've done a little bit of drag racing years ago. It was fun. Then I got into road racing and there's no comparison IMO. Far more challenges and skill involved in road racing than going straight for 1/4 mile, especially in a car like a Tesla.
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

In the long run, probably better but it's not something I'm concerned about.. Environment is not a consideration when I buy a vehicle.
Do you think extraterrestrials are concerned or favor EVs?
Old 06-16-2023, 10:44 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Of course it isn't. That pos causes massive amounts of destruction of our wonderful planet and endangers us all, putting into question our ability to breathe - but I don't expect you to take that into consideration when buying your vehicle. And I protect your right to buy that flaming POS as well. Because I support FREEDOM!
Old 06-16-2023, 10:46 AM
charley95
Le Mans Master

Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts

Just an FYI,I haven't pooped yet today.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:50 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
Listen up Frenchy...........the amount of destruction of mother earth to get those stupid batteries equipped with Lithium is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!! It is way over the top. And I live in the only state/province/territory/area in North America exclusively powered by Nuclear or Hydroelectric - BECAUSE I LOVE THE EARTH!!!!!!

Take a lesson!
Google copper mines, iron mines etc... There is a lot more damage done to earth by those.. Iron mines use huge areas.. Copper mines are very large as well.

Get notified of new replies

To New best ET with the Plaid tonight..

Old 06-16-2023, 10:52 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Wrong. Not in the 135 class, but there are slower classes you could run in. Could the Tesla run 110 mph average (124 mph maximum) for 130 miles without charging? Stock cars are allowed in that class.

I've done a little bit of drag racing years ago. It was fun. Then I got into road racing and there's no comparison IMO. Far more challenges and skill involved in road racing than going straight for 1/4 mile, especially in a car like a Tesla.
I have no idea now do I want to find out. I'm not a qualified road racer. I leave that to those who have the ability.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:52 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Humanoid 2.0
Do you think extraterrestrials are concerned or favor EVs?
I have no idea.. I don't think that they care..
Old 06-16-2023, 10:57 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
Of course it isn't. That pos causes massive amounts of destruction of our wonderful planet and endangers us all, putting into question our ability to breathe - but I don't expect you to take that into consideration when buying your vehicle. And I protect your right to buy that flaming POS as well. Because I support FREEDOM!
I support freedom as well. You should be able to buy your gas guzzling, high maintenance vehicle if you want.. No issue for me..

Quick Reply: New best ET with the Plaid tonight..