Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Porsche 992 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 07:36 PM
TPAVette93
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Porsche 992 GT3

GAWD I love this car and this isn't even the RS. Porsche you have nothing left to prove. Are you listening GM?
Old 04-21-2021, 08:55 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Video title says "new" but I cannot tell if it is a 70s a 80s a 90s or later model. I may watch when someone posts the year....
Old 04-21-2021, 10:20 AM
TPAVette93
Racer

Originally Posted by Telepierre
Video title says "new" but I cannot tell if it is a 70s a 80s a 90s or later model. I may watch when someone posts the year....
Oh my you are sooo funny like that joke isn't played out enough, almost as much as you. And to be honest if you can't tell the difference between the different generations of 911s you are a fool. Go come up with some new material.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:43 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TPAVette93
Oh my you are sooo funny like that joke isn't played out enough, almost as much as you. And to be honest if you can't tell the difference between the different generations of 911s you are a fool. Go come up with some new material.
Not only I can't tell the difference between different generations; I can't tell the difference between the 911 from Porsche and the 911 from VW?

If you want GM to listen you ought to be courteous and help them a bit.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:00 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

It's an attractive style. But let's be honest, an 80s to now models do not look the same. Similar? Sure. Same? Not even close. It's like saying you can't tell the difference between Cindy Crawford and Kathy Ireland.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:07 AM
TPAVette93
Racer

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict
It's an attractive style. But let's be honest, an 80s to now models do not look the same. Similar? Sure. Same? Not even close. It's like saying you can't tell the difference between Cindy Crawford and Kathy Ireland.
Thank you judging by his recent posts he has some sort of dislike for Porsches don't know why and personally don't really care
Old 04-21-2021, 11:15 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I agree. Traditional and Iconic. Why they keep introducing it as new beats me. I would say refreshed.... and so why should GM pay attention to a refreshed resto-mod icon is what beats me...

Last edited by Telepierre; 04-21-2021 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:15 AM
acroy
Le Mans Master

Received 1,431 Likes on 858 Posts

Impressive but engine is still in the wrong place
Waiting for a max-effort Cayman
Old 04-21-2021, 11:23 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

I agree. Traditional and Iconic. Why they keep introducing it as new beats me. I would say refreshed.... and so why should GM pay attention to a refreshed resto-mod icon is what beats beats me...

C7 was atrocious with that emo mascara running eyed back end. C8 is a wanna be that missed the boat of sharp lines everywhere. It's a day late to the party. Smooth lines are back in. Even lamborghini, who has more sharp lines than the other mid engine designs, have at least incorporated the sharpness into flowing lines.

I've been a Corvette fan for a long time and find the latest versions to be the ugliest which is purely subjective.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:44 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

C7 was atrocious with that emo mascara running eyed back end. C8 is a wanna be that missed the boat of sharp lines everywhere. It's a day late to the party. Smooth lines are back in. Even lamborghini, who has more sharp lines than the other mid engine designs, have at least incorporated the sharpness into flowing lines.

I've been a Corvette fan for a long time and find the latest versions to be the ugliest which is purely subjective.
I am all for curves. Ferrari, McLaren and Aston Martin is what GM ought to look at but the Porsche perfect oval curves had their last come back in the 90s with the R8 joining in and you are saying that is on the comeback again... that is the sales numbers objective part...

Subjectivity wise.... everything goes.....

Last edited by Telepierre; 04-22-2021 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:50 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Agreed. Mid 90s is one of my favorites for P-car era. Soft curves that stood out but not obnoxiously so.

​​​​​
​​
Old 04-21-2021, 03:52 PM
EVRGRN
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by acroy
Impressive but engine is still in the wrong place
Waiting for a max-effort Cayman
718 GT4 manual, with Sharkwerks transmission Regearing.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:03 PM
acroy
Le Mans Master

Received 1,431 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRGRN
718 GT4 manual, with Sharkwerks transmission Regearing.
nice but still needs 200 more hp
Old 04-22-2021, 08:12 AM
clearwaterms
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Porsche's are great looking cars but what impresses me is the commitment to their craft. The GT3 is a motorsport tool sold at a dealership.

Originally Posted by https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1131855_2022-porsche-911-gt3-tested-at-186-mph-for-over-3-000-miles
When developing its new 2022 Porsche 911 GT3, engineers drove a prototype at a sustained 186 mph for a distance of approximately 3,100 miles, only coming to a stop whenever the car needed refueling.

The test, which took place at Italy's Nardo high-speed circuit, which Porsche happens to own, was just one of several key durability tests for the car, and in particular its 4.0-liter flat-6 engine. In fact, testing of the engine was even more rigorous. We're sure Porsche is still mindful of the engine fires that plagued early examples of the previous-generation 911 GT3.

In addition to the high-speed Nardo run, the engine in the new GT3 racked up more than 22,000 hours on Porsche's test rig. During these tests, the engineers repeatedly simulated runs the engine would experience at major racetracks, with the engine pressed to full throttle for a high proportion of the time, according to Porsche.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:23 PM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

Not only I can't tell the difference between different generations; I can't tell the difference between the 911 from Porsche and the 911 from VW?

This from one of the guys that bitches and whines when someone critiques the C8 or any vette for that matter.

Last edited by vrybad; 04-22-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:55 PM
TPAVette93
Racer

Originally Posted by clearwaterms
Porsche's are great looking cars but what impresses me is the commitment to their craft. The GT3 is a motorsport tool sold at a dealership.
Porsche has nothing left to prove
Old 04-22-2021, 08:29 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

I think GM is listening and that’s part of the success and the problem. It’s the reason why no one bats an eye at the new GT3 “only” having 500hp, but people are having internet meltdowns if the new C8 Z06 doesn’t have at least 700. Porsche is the undisputed champ of doing more with less. Less weight, less displacement, less cylinders but equal or greater performance. It feels like GM copied Porsche’s multi platform formula to an extent, except they missed the part that every platform offered for Corvette doesn’t have to be saddled with daily driver requirements.

It’s like they’re afraid to make a model that isn’t for everyone. Last Corvette that I got that vibe from was the 99-00 hardtop. It wasn’t for everyone, as reflected in the sales due to being a stripper model. But it was also the most performance oriented. Then they tweaked it into the Z06...it still wasn’t for everyone. Too bad we can’t get back to that formula, as I feel less restraints are in place and there’s the focus on performance first.

Get notified of new replies

To Porsche 992 GT3

Old 04-23-2021, 01:18 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vrybad
This from one of the guys that bitches and whines when someone critiques the C8 or any vette for that matter.
I say it reads you are trying to be confrontational to feed the thread. I don't whine. I post opinions. IMHO many of them learned opinions. Criticize the C8 and/or any other vette at will. This is the GT3 thread.
In fact OP could have left GM out of this...
Are you listening GM?
; instead he reads like the proverbial 911 "overlord" indicating GM should emulate porsche GT3 wich basically simply added 7HP and put new tires on the same o samo and is asking an additional 20K for it AND on top of that NO WARRANTY FOR TRACK USE!!
As someone invested in the Corvette I say the GT3 represents exactly the opposite of what GM should do with the Corvette.
CNBC has it right. Add Mercedes to it... these are the market movers GM should be paying attention to:

Last edited by Telepierre; 04-23-2021 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-23-2021, 07:36 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

I say it reads you are trying to be confrontational to feed the thread. I don't whine. I post opinions. IMHO many of them learned opinions. Criticize the C8 and/or any other vette at will. This is the GT3 thread.
In fact OP could have left GM out of this...; instead he reads like the proverbial 911 "overlord" indicating GM should emulate porsche GT3 wich basically simply added 7HP and put new tires on the same o samo and is asking an additional 20K for it AND on top of that NO WARRANTY FOR TRACK USE!!
As someone invested in the Corvette I say the GT3 represents exactly the opposite of what GM should do with the Corvette.
CNBC has it right. Add Mercedes to it... these are the market movers GM should be paying attention to:

Hopefully you are aware that VW never had a 911 model.
Your post #4 in this Other Cars thread was clearly intended to be another cheap shot at Porsche...see the bolded above.
You even took the time to post pictures to keep that false narrative alive.
Those are the true marks of a troll.
The confrontational attitude is all yours.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:18 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vrybad
Hopefully you are aware that VW never had a 911 model.
Your post #4 in this Other Cars thread was clearly intended to be another cheap shot at Porsche...see the bolded above.
You even took the time to post pictures to keep that false narrative alive.
Those are the true marks of a troll.
The confrontational attitude is all yours.
C' mon vrybad; please be a good 911 ambassador...get caught up with automotive history before accusing me of cheap shots.
I suggest a quick read at the first stop of the 911 journey at the Porsche museum in Stuttgart. Known fact the 911 was born as a sport version of the beetle and they share the same monocoque architecture. Porsche is not ashamed of this and neither should you. 911 stands for heritage and tradition. The last rear engine 4 seats sports car standing and that is a cool thing. Just let's not get GM involved with it.... Two different paths. Let them land where they may instead of pushing this narrative on the CF that Porsche's is on the better one...

Right?..... OP?

Last edited by Telepierre; 04-23-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Porsche 992 GT3