Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Camaro ZL1 Opinions ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 10:42 AM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 880 Likes on 465 Posts

Its simply unfair to decide without test driving both. The A10 is the best auto I have ever driven. I swore off manuals after breaking an arm and realizing how it impacted my driving ability. Not getting any younger and accidents can happen anytime with an arm, hand, or leg.
I get why drivers like manuals. Owned and driven many since 1967. My last was my 2017 C7. Everything happens so fast in a car like this. Shifting, tach watching, etc. You absolutely have to be at the top of your game to use the M6 to its full advantage.
You also need to change your driving habits. Even the smallest amount of foot pressure on the clutch petal can screw things up with the car.
Just do some research and test rides first.

Last edited by Snowwolfe; 08-01-2020 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:35 PM
Mr. Livingston
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Its simply unfair to decide without test driving both. The A10 is the best auto I have ever driven. I swore off manuals after breaking an arm and realizing how it impacted my driving ability. Not getting any younger and accidents can happen anytime with an arm, hand, or leg. I get why drivers like manuals. Owned and driven many since 1967. My last was my 2017 C7. Everything happens so fast in a car like this. Shifting, tach watching, etc. You absolutely have to be at the top of your game to use the M6 to its full advantage. You also need to change your driving habits. Even the smallest amount of foot pressure on the clutch petal can screw things up with the car. Just do some research and test rides first.
Good points about Arm/Leg/Hand fractures and how it can impact your life in a big way. Appreciate it.

Last edited by Mr. Livingston; 08-01-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Camaro ZL1 Opinions ?