Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Street racing and police chases

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 09:17 PM
BlueDevlZ06
Instructor

Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Street racing and police chases

Ok, this has nothing to do with the C8 and I'm sure this post will get removed from the monitors. Advocating running from the police at speeds of 140 mph after fleeing a street race is absurd and I'm disappointed that the monitors would post this. I'm all about having fun with my corvette, but I highly disagree with this site and its monitors advocating a high speed chase. You monitors remove posts when members bicker or God forbid post anything credible about the C8, but you allow a video to be put up with a complete disregard to public safety? Leave it on youtube where anything goes. The author, Patrick Rall should have stayed an accountant because he apparently has never seen the results of a high speed accident. I respect that everyone on this forum has their own opinion and it may differ from mine. But unfortunately I've seen the results from these pursuits and they certainly are not pretty. Whatever monitor approved this to be posted on corvetteforum should have their head examined. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by BlueDevlZ06; 03-27-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:37 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts

What are you talking about? And why are you posting this crap in the C8 section. Also, they're moderators not "monitors". Seek help.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-27-2019 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:40 PM
BlueDevlZ06
Instructor

Tell that to an accident victim.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:47 PM
impact1968
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should be able to enjoy your car without respect to the general public...put the pedal to the mat whenever possible
Old 03-27-2019, 09:47 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette
What are you talking about? And why are you posting this crap in the C8 section. Also, they're moderators not "monitors". Seek help.
The featured story on the front page of the forums, a Corvette and a R8 street racing and then running from cops. I found it a bit odd too.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:50 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jefnvk
The featured story on the front page of the forums, a Corvette and a R8 street racing and then running from cops. I found it a bit odd too.
Oh, thanks for the info. I never go on the front page anyways so I did not see it.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:09 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueDevlZ06
Tell that to an accident victim.
Street racing might not be smart, safe, or legal but to each their own. You don't like street racing then don't participate in it. Simple enough.

However, I'm the last person to throw stones at street racers. That would make me a hypocrite. As a junior/senior in high school we spent every Fri./Sat. night cruising what we called 'the loop' in Manassas, VA and street racing & getting chased around by Manassas PD. All of us racked up plenty of tickets for every kind of offense under the sun. All of us had some very close calls with certain disaster that we managed to avert. This was way back in '85 - '87 & many of us at the time had old '60s/early '70s muscle cars (including me '69 Mustang) with sloppy steering, drum brakes, no safety features to speak of, & we didn't even wear seat belts. What we had were modded engines with a lot of power & no fear. We drove those clunky old things at 80 - 100+ mph in 25 mph - 45 mph zones racing each other. I'll admit I had a blast doing it. Smart or safe, no not at all.

Last edited by Oneslackr; 03-27-2019 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:12 PM
BlueDevlZ06
Instructor

Oh, thanks for the info. I never go on the front page anyways so I did not see it.
Keep trolling and don't forget your Latuda

Originally Posted by Oneslackr
Street racing might not be smart, safe, or legal but to each their own. You don't like street racing then don't participate in it. Simple enough.

However, I'm the last person to throw stones at street racers. That would make me a hypocrite. As a junior/senior in high school we spent every Fri./Sat. night cruising what we called 'the loop' in Manassas, VA and street racing & getting chased around by Manassas PD. All of us racked up plenty of tickets for every kind of offense under the sun. All of us had some very close calls with certain disaster that we managed to avert. This was way back in '85 - '87 & many of us at the time had old '60s/early '70s muscle cars (including me '69 Mustang) with sloppy steering, drum brakes, no safety features to speak of, & we didn't even wear seat belts. What we had were modded engines with a lot of power & no fear. We drove those clunky old things at 80 - 100+ mph in 25 mph - 45 mph zones racing each other. I'll admit I had a blast doing it. Smart or safe, no not at all.
I agree, to each their own. I just think it's irresponsible to post that on the main page. I'm not condoning street racing but if you're gonna participate in it, then be prepared to pay the piper if caught. No need to glorify a high speed pursuit as entertainment.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-27-2019 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button in the lower right hand corner (the middle icon) to make your responses to multiple people look like this!
Old 03-27-2019, 11:39 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Keep trolling and don't forget your Latuda

I agree, to each their own. I just think it's irresponsible to post that on the main page. I'm not condoning street racing but if you're gonna participate in it, then be prepared to pay the piper if caught. No need to glorify a high speed pursuit as entertainment.
What is a Latuda?
Old 03-27-2019, 11:50 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles
Received 1,288 Likes on 800 Posts

Medication for the treatment of bipolar depression symptoms, schizophrenia...
Old 03-28-2019, 12:10 AM
AZ Car Guy
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

my junior senior years sound very similar to yours, except we wore seat belts and it was a decade later. I was running with the older guys mostly in American muscle. We seemed to avoid most run ins with the law as they were busy chancing the younger rice burner crowd. My dodge demon would break the speedo cable easily at 120 and change lanes with any touch of the brakes. Very unsafe but glad to have lived to remember it.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:15 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

140. That it?
Old 03-28-2019, 12:32 AM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BKorsaire
Medication for the treatment of bipolar depression symptoms, schizophrenia...
Ah, thanks. If anyone needs it in this thread it's the OP
Old 03-28-2019, 09:09 AM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...24440b3d6.html

That lady wasn't street racing, and still wound up dead over it. I have little control of ending up in the middle of a street race, when others choose to use the public roads I am driving on to race. I nearly killed a motorcyclist who was street racing one time, and while the worst that would have happened to me was some scratched and dented body panels, I still don't appreciate them putting me in that situation.

It would be like saying if you don't approve of drunk driving, don't do it, but don't mind those who choose to do so.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:35 AM
vndkshn
Melting Slicks

Received 1,776 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by jefnvk
https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...24440b3d6.html

That lady wasn't street racing, and still wound up dead over it. I have little control of ending up in the middle of a street race, when others choose to use the public roads I am driving on to race. I nearly killed a motorcyclist who was street racing one time, and while the worst that would have happened to me was some scratched and dented body panels, I still don't appreciate them putting me in that situation.

It would be like saying if you don't approve of drunk driving, don't do it, but don't mind those who choose to do so.
And that is the problem with street racing in general. There are some local idiots (some with north of 1000 wheel HP) who love to get on the highway and do 60 to 130 pulls for some bragging rights. I was in my SUV at the time with my family and a bunch of kids my son played ball with headed to a game and they went flying by, one on the shoulder to avoid hitting someone. I was raging mad.

At least here in Texas, there are too many sanctioned events where you can do that off of public roads (or at least away from public, there are times they close the public roads, like the race through Big Bend every year) to street race. I ripped my son-in-law a new one when he admitted to street racing in his heavily modded WRX. And for two years I've bought him intermittent trips to the local track so he can get his thrills there instead. Now he doesn't even do it on the public roads anymore.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:35 PM
BlueDevlZ06
Instructor

Ah, thanks. If anyone needs it in this thread it's the OP
This, coming from a troll that probably doesn't even own a corvette. Just comes into the C8 section and stirs the pot. Not one thanks in over 50 posts. Nuff said.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:38 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

This, coming from a troll that probably doesn't even own a corvette. Just comes into the C8 section and stirs the pot. Not one thanks in over 50 posts. Nuff said.
I do own a Corvette. I definitely don't come to stir the pot. And what are you talking about with "not one thanks in over 50 posts"?? I have gotten 81 thanks.

Last edited by Zora_Vette; 03-28-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Street racing and police chases

Old 03-29-2019, 12:19 AM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

The original owner of this forum would never allow street racing threads let alone something on the front page. Pretty sad.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:50 AM
TXvert
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

He's referring to your 'Thanks' being one directional.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:57 AM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TXvert
He's referring to your 'Thanks' being one directional.
Oh, so because I do not Thank posts, that upsets him?
What a complete and total clown.