Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

C3 corvette Minicar go kart

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Rick_GoKart
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 corvette Minicar go kart

Hello,

I have a FW & Associates mini Vette go kart that I am wanting to sell but have had a really tough time finding info on it or even a market for it. I figure a Corvette board may have some insight into what I have and possibly have some advice for a market for this thing. This is a 2 owner gokart, a family member owned it originally and rode it around for awhile before parking it in the garage for 25 years or so. I have had it in my garage for 3 or 4 years keeping for a future kid I have not had so I want to move on from this. Everything is original on it, except the roll bar was welded on it appears and probably needs cut off to remove the fiberglass body. outside of some black overspray on the front bumper, i do believe the fiberglass is in amazing shape.

If nothing else this is semi cool and I imagine Vette lovers or owners would appreciate checking out the pictures if nothing else. I may work on the engine to get it running but i am hesitant to ride it around and get any exhaust on or heat up the fiberglass.

Rick
Attached Images       
Old 10-14-2016, 12:13 PM
rprovo8
4th Gear

Default Corvette Go Kart

Hello-

Do you still have the Corvette Go Kart for sale, and where are you located?

Please let me know, thanks!

Bob

Originally Posted by Rick_GoKart
Hello,

I have a FW & Associates mini Vette go kart that I am wanting to sell but have had a really tough time finding info on it or even a market for it. I figure a Corvette board may have some insight into what I have and possibly have some advice for a market for this thing. This is a 2 owner gokart, a family member owned it originally and rode it around for awhile before parking it in the garage for 25 years or so. I have had it in my garage for 3 or 4 years keeping for a future kid I have not had so I want to move on from this. Everything is original on it, except the roll bar was welded on it appears and probably needs cut off to remove the fiberglass body. outside of some black overspray on the front bumper, i do believe the fiberglass is in amazing shape.

If nothing else this is semi cool and I imagine Vette lovers or owners would appreciate checking out the pictures if nothing else. I may work on the engine to get it running but i am hesitant to ride it around and get any exhaust on or heat up the fiberglass.

Rick
Old 10-14-2016, 02:14 PM
Rick_GoKart
2nd Gear

Sent you a PM

Originally Posted by rprovo8
Hello-

Do you still have the Corvette Go Kart for sale, and where are you located?

Please let me know, thanks!

Bob
Old 06-06-2019, 08:20 PM
ksbunting
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Rick,
Did you sell the red go kart or do you still have it.
Just saw the post today
Kurt
Old 06-07-2019, 03:40 PM
rprovo8
4th Gear

Kurt-

I purchased it from Rick. Had one of these when I was a kid, my Dad worked at a Chevrolet dealership, they had them as promos. It's in amazing condition, even starts on the first pull, and I removed the roll bar. Was so lucky to have found it!

Bob

Last edited by rprovo8; 06-07-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:20 PM
03clyde
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kurt-

I purchased it from Rick. Had one of these when I was a kid, my Dad worked at a Chevrolet dealership, they had them as promos. It's in amazing condition, even starts on the first pull, and I removed the roll bar. Was so lucky to have found it!

Bob

Great purchase!
Old 06-08-2019, 12:20 PM
ksbunting
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Bob,
I have to ask: Do you want to sell it.
I'm trying to find or build one for my granddaughter but can't find a C-3 go kart body
Kurt
Old 06-10-2019, 10:11 AM
rprovo8
4th Gear

Hi Kurt-

To be honest, I'm not sure about selling it. Because it was the find of a life time, piece of my childhood, and it's in almost perfect, like new condition. Also the Corvette fiberglass body production serial number from F.W. Associates is number one. It being the first one built/molded makes it extremely rare.

I really like having it in my collection, but it just sits my my garage covered.

However, I would consider entertaining an offer.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 06-11-2019, 09:02 AM
ksbunting
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Bob,
I sent you a pm
Kurt
Old 09-17-2022, 08:49 AM
Tuellabell
1st Gear

[QUOTE=ksbunting;1599561924]Bob,
I sent you a pm
Kurt[/QUOTE

Hi! I was wondering if you ever found out any more information on that go cart. I know it’s been three years since the comment. But I currently have a similar go cart (with out the roll cage)
Old 09-17-2022, 03:17 PM
rprovo8
4th Gear

Hi- They were car dealership promos in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s. F&W Associates had a small variety of different cars and trucks. They are super rare to find now a days, especially in good condition, because most were crashed and have cracked fiberglass. I had the truck version when growing up.

That one I found had the roll bar added on. I have removed it so it’s back to original condition.

Do you have a corvette? Send some pics!
Old 11-26-2023, 02:15 AM
bill1967
1st Gear

Kurt-

Bob
I purchased one of these today anyone know the value of these

Old 04-05-2024, 01:21 PM
olDW17
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey do you still have the little corvette bodied go cart? I’ve got the same body but no frame. Guess I’ll have to build my own.
Can you tell me the wheelbase front to rear, and tire and wheel size?
Thanks, Steve

Get notified of new replies

To C3 corvette Minicar go kart

Quick Reply: C3 corvette Minicar go kart