Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Armored vehicles ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Mjolitor 68
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Default Armored vehicles ?

Seeing how divisive & violent things are getting I'm considering an armored vehicle.

I really like this Terradyne Ghurka. Figure if I paint it white & apply TOYOTA badges it will blend right in

They build a civilian version but maybe I can tick the box for the .50cal Gatling gun
Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2016, 07:57 PM
FourFather
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22

Ercie and I like this one-

Eddie FourFather Hill
Old 06-12-2016, 04:59 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Mjolitor 68
Seeing how divisive & violent things are getting I'm considering an armored vehicle.

I really like this Terradyne Ghurka. Figure if I paint it white & apply TOYOTA badges it will blend right in

They build a civilian version but maybe I can tick the box for the .50cal Gatling gun
Terradyne is no joke, my company supplies them specific parts for that vehicle and they build a very high quality rig. With a 6.7 Powerstroke as your powerplant, you'll be very pleased at how quick and quiet a big vehicle like that is. You'll also be amazed at how many of them they sell.

One thing is for sure, you'll probably have the only one on your block!!
Old 06-13-2016, 12:25 AM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Don't get me wrong..... it's a bada$$ vehicle but unless you're a HVT or have a contract on your head the chance of you being attacked in your vehicle is pretty slim. You're much more likely to be attacked walking to or from your vehicle. I'd spend your money/time on training for self defense. Find a good instructor like Pat Mac or any of the guys from Alias and take a vehicle tac class along with other training. If you're trained well you can make sure you're safe in any situation.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:48 AM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by MVR 155
Don't get me wrong..... it's a bada$$ vehicle but unless you're a HVT or have a contract on your head the chance of you being attacked in your vehicle is pretty slim. You're much more likely to be attacked walking to or from your vehicle. I'd spend your money/time on training for self defense. Find a good instructor like Pat Mac or any of the guys from Alias and take a vehicle tac class along with other training. If you're trained well you can make sure you're safe in any situation.
The amount of vehicles Terradyne builds is impressive, but the amount of "normal" armored cars built is huge. Not everybody wants a SWAT type looking vehicle. There are so many Land Cruisers, Mercedes SUV's, Suburbans, Tahoes, etc being built that it is a pretty large industry. You would expect a lot of units being built for Mexico, the Middle East, South America, etc. What you say about training and self defense is 100% correct. But for people of wealth, the idea of having a wife trained that way for shuttling the kids to soccer practice is not feasible for most. A lot of guys just want to make sure that their wives and kids have a better than normal chance of surviving a random car jacking, road rage incident or drive by shooting. Once you add in the HVT's, government employees and criminals looking for protection the numbers add up quickly.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:37 AM
Thecumen
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good one.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:28 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,344 Likes on 1,095 Posts

Originally Posted by FourFather
Ercie and I like this one-

Eddie FourFather Hill
That sure looks cool, but I like my vehicles without "dealer stickers" all over them....plain black, for me!

Old 06-24-2016, 10:18 AM
ls1forlife
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Ghurka is nice. Look for the Knight XV...it will be cheaper than the new non-armored Ghurka.

Think about a used military surplus M998 for 1/50 the cost.

Get notified of new replies

To Armored vehicles ?