Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

MT : 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs. 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 04:41 PM
raj
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vtknight
Do you think a regular GTR - with track pack or without would be slower than the Z06 given what happened in this test?
Good question and one that's been on my mind too. MC who has experience with the Nismo and the regular GT-R will have some thoughts on this. I think the standard 2014 GT-R is capable of a 1:27:XX run but the Z06 will have the edge.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by GP1224
Great, another useless car thats street legal. The ACR was like a piece of wood on the street, why anyone would buy that makes no sense. If all the car is good for is track racing then buy the real thing.
maybe they bought them for bragging rights...do you really think that even half the ppl who bought (or are buying) the new "most track capable" corvette ever are really ever going to see the track...
Old 02-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Unreal
No way you are touching a GTR on the streets unless it is a 2008-2009, or the person doesn't know how to floor it.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:03 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Well I guess we'll have to wait for the A8 to be tested.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Snake Plissken
Intermediate

Great, another useless car thats street legal. The ACR was like a piece of wood on the street, why anyone would buy that makes no sense. If all the car is good for is track racing then buy the real thing.
Well this forum has been great for entertainment with the meltdown last few months, but actually just had to join reading this lol. I owned an 08' Viper and an 10' ACR. I took the ACR on plenty of trips and to road courses including driving to VIR from FL and elsewhere. If anything, it was actually a bit more comfy then the reg Viper as the suspension though firm was so well set and damped. I know a few other owners that took theirs on long trips, I'm talking across the country, not a problem. Hell didn't bother my wife in the least bit, and a woman will sure as hell let you know if something is uncomfortable .You make it seem like the ACR is un-drivable haha. I also use to own an 01' ACR long time ago, now that I'll agree was a tad over kill street or track b/c they had 1100lb springs in the rear, previous ones had a Koni setup that was softer. 01/02 was great if you drove on a perfectly smooth track, but that rear spring was way to firm for bumps etc, I ended up doing a Moton setup, others swapped out for softer springs. But regardless, ACR was just as drivable on the street as the regular Viper, just so happened to also obliterate others on track .

Looking forward to what is released for next ACR and I'll be back in the saddle, friend has a TA 2.0 deposit and may cancel. If they bring out the ACR, honestly not sure what the point on the TA 2.0 is?
Old 02-06-2015, 01:45 PM
dk10438
3rd Gear

interesting thread... nice to see that CF tried to bury it.
a year ago I was planning to upgrade my C4S for either a Z06 or used DBA GTR. I decided I didn't want to wait and didn't want to pay the premium for a z06 and got the GTR (which BTW, couldn't be happier owning).

A little surprised at the results. Sounds like heat soak is a significant problem for the car. I still think that the Z06 is a great car, just surprised that you can't access all of the hp after a few laps.

Regarding comparing cars of different price points, well it happens all the time. GTR is often compared to much more expensive cars like 458, LP-560, MP-12c so I do think it's a fair comparison. There's no doubt that the Z06 is a relative "bargain" but the purpose of the article was lap times, not bang for the buck. And BTW, in the GTR boards, most GTR owners think that Randy doesn't like the GTR and he always seems to be critical of it or damning with faint praise...
Old 02-07-2015, 04:28 AM
Bunk
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 69 Posts
Default same as last time

You say its the same as last time just bigger, I disagree and can say you did not look at the completely layout of the C7. What an incredibly inaccurate statement. Kindly tell us just what is the same as the C6 - engine, trans, exhaust, suspension, wheels, tires. Go ahead, tells us!

Originally Posted by DerStig
This is why I have always said more and bigger is not better. Typical American sports car mentality. Lets add more power, more down force, wider tires, bigger brakes and sell it. There is no true innovative engineering going on. Japanese guys created an outstanding engineering master piece. And look what that GT3 with its tiny 3.6 liter 475 hp engine can accomplish! And you guys hate me for saying this.

Detroit needs to do more than this. We need proper innovation. Proper transmission, drive terrain, proper aerodynamics. Look at all wheel turning in porsche, look at the traction and gearing in NISMO. Chevy is still the same car from last time with just more and bigger components and some make up (internal improvements, pdr, etc).
Old 02-07-2015, 02:09 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DerStig
This is why I have always said more and bigger is not better. Typical American sports car mentality. Lets add more power, more down force, wider tires, bigger brakes and sell it. There is no true innovative engineering going on. Japanese guys created an outstanding engineering master piece. And look what that GT3 with its tiny 3.6 liter 475 hp engine can accomplish! And you guys hate me for saying this.

Detroit needs to do more than this. We need proper innovation. Proper transmission, drive terrain, proper aerodynamics. Look at all wheel turning in porsche, look at the traction and gearing in NISMO. Chevy is still the same car from last time with just more and bigger components and some make up (internal improvements, pdr, etc).

Yep, that's exactly what Detroit needs!!! More innovation on drive "terrain"!!! LOL
Old 02-08-2015, 10:12 AM
ivanjo11
Burning Brakes

Will this be the next round were the Nismo faces the Z06? Probably

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...-hot-lap-video
Old 02-08-2015, 01:09 PM
GP1224
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Snake Plissken
Well this forum has been great for entertainment with the meltdown last few months, but actually just had to join reading this lol. I owned an 08' Viper and an 10' ACR. I took the ACR on plenty of trips and to road courses including driving to VIR from FL and elsewhere. If anything, it was actually a bit more comfy then the reg Viper as the suspension though firm was so well set and damped. I know a few other owners that took theirs on long trips, I'm talking across the country, not a problem. Hell didn't bother my wife in the least bit, and a woman will sure as hell let you know if something is uncomfortable .You make it seem like the ACR is un-drivable haha. I also use to own an 01' ACR long time ago, now that I'll agree was a tad over kill street or track b/c they had 1100lb springs in the rear, previous ones had a Koni setup that was softer. 01/02 was great if you drove on a perfectly smooth track, but that rear spring was way to firm for bumps etc, I ended up doing a Moton setup, others swapped out for softer springs. But regardless, ACR was just as drivable on the street as the regular Viper, just so happened to also obliterate others on track .

Looking forward to what is released for next ACR and I'll be back in the saddle, friend has a TA 2.0 deposit and may cancel. If they bring out the ACR, honestly not sure what the point on the TA 2.0 is?
I spent a weekend in an ACR that a friend owned and it was "IMO" a piece of wood on the street. After 700 miles I was happy to get out., Plus that drone was terrible. Nothing about it was nice other than being a beast and an awsome looking machine. Thats my opinion and we can argue till the cows come home and it wouldnt change my mind. Regardless, I still think getting the real thing is a better idea than getting a compromised street car like an ACR. Im looking forward to seeing what comes nest anyways.

Last edited by GP1224; 02-08-2015 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

I spent a weekend in an ACR that a friend owned and it was "IMO" a piece of wood on the street. After 700 miles I was happy to get out., Plus that drone was terrible. Nothing about it was nice other than being a beast and an awsome looking machine. Thats my opinion and we can argue till the cows come home and it wouldnt change my mind. Regardless, I still think getting the real thing is a better idea than getting a compromised street car like an ACR. Im looking forward to seeing what comes nest anyways.
Did you drive it or just ride shotgun?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:49 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!

how is it that in 2015 RP drove a Nismo and ran a 1:19.07 and then in this comparo only manages a 1:25.70?

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow...of_willow.html

any given Sunday that's what I always say and that's why these tests are about as accurate as 2 dollar pistol. The Stingray did a 1:24.6 which would've bested the Nismo's time on this day.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:39 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

There is always a guy who has a "friend", or a "friend" of a "friend"
Sure your "friend" just tossed you the keys of his 100K viper for a weekend, your post reeks of BS, please tell is a minor detail about the car you drove, that only a gen 4 viper owner would know, nothing you can google....enlighten us.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:01 AM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by themonk
how is it that in 2015 RP drove a Nismo and ran a 1:19.07 and then in this comparo only manages a 1:25.70?

any given Sunday that's what I always say and that's why these tests are about as accurate as 2 dollar pistol. The Stingray did a 1:24.6 which would've bested the Nismo's time on this day.
nope

dont know where to start on how wrong all that is besides kindly informing you streets of willow and willow springs are two different track configurations 2.5 miles vs 1.8

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/page.php?id=25

Last edited by M_C7; 02-11-2015 at 03:04 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:12 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Because you are thinking any track with "Willow" in the name is the same track perhaps. Here is the correct record list.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow_springs.html

Any given day, and any given (different) track.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:54 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Originally Posted by M_C7
nope

dont know where to start on how wrong all that is besides kindly informing you streets of willow and willow springs are two different track configurations 2.5 miles vs 1.8

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/page.php?id=25
Originally Posted by NineBall
Because you are thinking any track with "Willow" in the name is the same track perhaps. Here is the correct record list.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow_springs.html

Any given day, and any given (different) track.
I see, duly noted.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:03 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

I see, duly noted.
Big Willow is an amazing very very fast track that has only 9 turns and is pretty easy to learn. I love that track! It is ideally suited for higher HP cars as Streets of willow is more "technical".

Get notified of new replies

To MT : 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs. 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo Comparison

Old 02-12-2015, 02:26 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,923 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Something seems way off for the Z06!

I thought a horsepower gauge was added to 2015 Corvettes. How about checking that?

Michael
Old 02-12-2015, 03:32 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

who's your friend...sunsalen?

total bullsh#&
Old 02-12-2015, 05:52 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
who's your friend...sunsalen?

total bullsh#&

I've been around Hi-Po machines and car guys my whole life. Guys who actually "take it to the track" and run hard. In all that time I have never read or heard anyone use the term "like a piece of wood on the street" when describing any attribute or metric of a car's performance.

PROS: Great Looks and engine sound. Torque for days
CONS: Like a piece of wood on the street

I understand that it is an attempt at some sort of witty put down but it lacks the actual wit.

Where exactly is this piece of wood supposed to shine to make this metaphor work. Is it like a 2x4 misplaced or more like a piece of driftwood on the shore? Is it a like a piece of wood stacked by the fireplace? Is it a large piece of wood or a small one etc, etc.

"Fish out of water" that is a proper example.
"handles like a brick" is another.

Quick Reply: MT : 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs. 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo Comparison