Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Anyone know anything about '60s Impalas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 12:08 AM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Anyone know anything about '60s Impalas?

My buddy has a '63 SS Vert. Looking to convert the front to disc brakes. He is looking at the many bolt-on kits Classic Industries offers. One is the $320 kit with everything but a master cylinder & brake booster.

The question is, does he HAVE to do master cylinder and brake booster for this conversion?
Old 07-22-2014, 11:17 AM
MrPbody
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
My buddy has a '63 SS Vert. Looking to convert the front to disc brakes. He is looking at the many bolt-on kits Classic Industries offers. One is the $320 kit with everything but a master cylinder & brake booster.

The question is, does he HAVE to do master cylinder and brake booster for this conversion?
But why would you want to use that old crap? or has his MC and booster been upgraded previously?
Take a look at this kit for 399.00 that includes everything he'll need. I've used this kit myself and it works great except that I bend up my own lines. the SS lines that were supplied didn't fit to my liking. still a great deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350464389576?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 07-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MrPbody
But why would you want to use that old crap? or has his MC and booster been upgraded previously?
Take a look at this kit for 399.00 that includes everything he'll need. I've used this kit myself and it works great except that I bend up my own lines. the SS lines that were supplied didn't fit to my liking. still a great deal.

1959 Chevrolet Front Power Disc Brake Conversion Kit | eBay
Old crap? The Classic Industries pic looks like the same parts as this ebay auction.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:23 AM
MrPbody
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
Old crap? The Classic Industries pic looks like the same parts as this ebay auction.
No No. you misunderstood. sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant why would he want to use his original MC and booster.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Lloyd Smale
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

old master cylinder was a single chamber for all 4 wheels instead of a double one for the back and one for the front. At least it was on the 61 i had.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know anything about '60s Impalas?

Quick Reply: Anyone know anything about '60s Impalas?