Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

HellCat the fastest?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 04:49 AM
mattkilla2015
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

11.2 is fantastic and all but was more then a little let down when they had 10.8 for their commercial on youtube and at least in the video there was no mention of dr's used. And yes fastest muscle production car. Idk how muscle car is defined but good for dodge jist a little sneaky when I don't think it was even necessary. The ad on the first page does a better job of stating the 10.8 was not with production tires.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:55 AM
MX621
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

congrats to mopar! 707hp is a pretty big achievement! hellcat gonna have a manual option or auto only? give a 2014 gt500 a auto see how fast it goes stock.. that auto is whats getting those et's.. it traps no faster then a shelby.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:23 AM
Mike00
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MX621
congrats to mopar! 707hp is a pretty big achievement! hellcat gonna have a manual option or auto only? give a 2014 gt500 a auto see how fast it goes stock.. that auto is whats getting those et's.. it traps no faster then a shelby.
It will have both options. Keep in mind the Shelby tends to have traction issues. Did not look like the Hellcat did. Not sure it would make a big difference in the end though.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Beaz
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by camirocz
A stock stingray can almost break into the 10s?Where did you see that?On the moon?Come on man get real.Hellcat ran 10.85 on drag radials.Stingray may see 11.8 at best.Nowhere near a 10 second slip .
Not on the moon, right here on the forum. Snorman ran an 11.4 on stock rubber.

Pay attention around here, you might learn something
Old 07-16-2014, 04:02 PM
Beaz
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DRLC5
Not slicks Drag radials which a lot of us use.
My mistake, depending on where you watch this video different info is presented. They look like DRs though.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:38 PM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaz
My mistake, depending on where you watch this video different info is presented. They look like DRs though.
I tell you what, you or Snorman or whoever. Run one of these Hellcats from a 20mph roll to lets say 130mph and make sure you film it for all of us so we can get a good laugh at the "space between" the two stockers near the end.

C7's are trapping what 118mph so far in good weather? Those Hellcats were going high 120's and 130 in the heat. I would expect one in a straight line to put a half car on my 14 TA Viper in the same roll race and I have run stock C7's in my car from a slow roll and they were a joke.

C7 guys (non Z06) should want to go after the Hellcat on the road course.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:32 PM
Senecagreen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermassive
Lol this is cute...

Current Record holder:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...d/viewall.html

Also the Hellcat is shown on a list at #15, and the cars it somehow defies logic and physics to beat on that list kinda make me feel like something is super fishy about the car that ran those times. The SRT Viper GTS has a better power to weight ratio than that hellcat can ever hope to achieve and with the Viper's 375's I don't really get it.

The other thing that trip's me out about this car is that it's trapping a really low speed for a 1/4 for it's time. The only other cars that have similar trap speeds are the GT-R (11.0 @ 125.1mph) and the Noble M400 (119 @ 11.4). So unless Chrysler somehow managed to make a traction control system for a RWD that is on par with AWD systems these numbers seem fudged, and I will accept them grudgingly until the car is in the hands of actual testers and not the PR team trying to hype up the SRT badge to keep it afloat.

All that said I like the car, but the hype is killing me...it's a powerful, heavy, boat of a car and looks mean. If the numbers are real it may well humiliate it's fair share of cars at stop lights, but the Hellcat will become a fading memory in the rearview mirror of a C7 Stingray on any road with curves.
It's running drag radials to get that 10.85 at 126.18 and there is some gearing involved regardless of what the window sticker says

Dodge is known to put 3.92's in auto equipped cars . That would go a long ways to explaining the time vs the weight. My challenger didn't have it on the window sticker but it had 3.92 rear gear ratio

I know the formula for rpm, tire height, final drive ratio in the trans and mph at a certain rpm to figure it out. I was pleased when I realized I had 3.92 from the factory with the 20" wheels

The hellcat is a sleeper and dodge has a trick or 2 they are not disclosing...
Old 07-18-2014, 11:54 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaz
Not on the moon, right here on the forum. Snorman ran an 11.4 on stock rubber.

Pay attention around here, you might learn something
And soon someone will run a 10.7 in the Hellcat in mineshaft air and perfect launch etc...on stock rubber I'm thinking most c7 are realistically very high 11's or low 12's...with sticks off that a touch...imo

Last edited by hawkgfr; 07-18-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Quick Reply: HellCat the fastest?