Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Thinking about getting a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Old 06-30-2014, 07:32 PM
CodyC6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by need4speedmotors
Ive had a a Crush on the SRT8 Cherokees for quite some time, as much as I would love one, I find it really silly to own a performance truck, they just never made sense to me, but hopefully in the future finances will allow for a silly performance truck.
Performance SUVs or trucks makes more sense for those of us that don't have 75 degrees and sunny all year. Having both is the best option when weather changes.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:40 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by need4speedmotors
Ive had a a Crush on the SRT8 Cherokees for quite some time, as much as I would love one, I find it really silly to own a performance truck, they just never made sense to me, but hopefully in the future finances will allow for a silly performance truck.
My "performance" truck is Denali diesel.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Rons65
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Just get yourself a 2015 Denali and you will have a nice ride, 6.2 motor which has been updated both HP and Torque, etc. You will not miss the Escalade with the new Denali!

Anyway, each to their own - good luck with your decision!

Ron
Old 06-30-2014, 07:50 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rons65
Just get yourself a 2015 Denali and you will have a nice ride, 6.2 motor which has been updated both HP and Torque, etc. You will not miss the Escalade with the new Denali!

Anyway, each to their own - good luck with your decision!

Ron
I'm a hardcore GMC man with 4 at the present including 2 Denali vehicles but the new Yukon and Tahoe have been taking some abuse for a "jiggly" ride and raising the rear deck height 4" to finally come into the future with fold flat third row. The HUD up is a nice addition on the Denali though and I never figured why my Denali Acadia's came with it since 07 but not the Yukon D.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:51 PM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

Originally Posted by 2013 Z06
I see there are still some di#ks on the forum. Nobody needs that. What a a$$ you two are.
Read the forum rules.....
Old 06-30-2014, 08:03 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

There is no GM performance SUV in the same hemisphere as the Jeep SRT...

Will out run a lot of Vettes between stop lights and all of them in wet weather...

And don't forget...GM is recalling their recalls now they are so bad...
Old 06-30-2014, 08:09 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
There is no GM performance SUV in the same hemisphere as the Jeep SRT...

Will out run a lot of Vettes between stop lights and all of them in wet weather...

And don't forget...GM is recalling their recalls now they are so bad...
At $70k it better haul azz! That's crazy money for a jeep.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:40 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

I've had Jeeps in the past (2 Grand Cherokees and a Liberty) and liked them all. Nothing like the SRT though, I'm sure. My Jeeps were dependable overall (brake rotors kept warping), but tradein value sucked. And so did the gas mileage.

I just bought a Subaru Forester yesterday. It's not a speed demon, but I didn't want it to be. I have the Vette for that. Haven't driven it much yet but so far I'm impressed. It's loaded out too.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:40 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by saplumr
At $70k it better haul azz! That's crazy money for a jeep.
No more crazy than $125,000 for a Chevy
Old 06-30-2014, 08:53 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
No more crazy than $125,000 for a Chevy
I've had a few Grand Cherokee Ltd's and the last one I had was the worst vehicle I've ever owned. One bad apple ruins the bunch. But your point is well taken.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:00 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by saplumr
I've had a few Grand Cherokee Ltd's and the last one I had was the worst vehicle I've ever owned. One bad apple ruins the bunch. But your point is well taken.
Yeah I think they all have lemons I had a 2004 SL500 that was junk
This is my 3rd GC
My second Summit one. Never had an issue......yet
Old 06-30-2014, 09:18 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Yeah I think they all have lemons I had a 2004 SL500 that was junk
This is my 3rd GC
My second Summit one. Never had an issue......yet
I've had several E Class and 2 ML's. I loved them all but my last ML cost me $650 every 5K miles for front brakes. That got a little old. They all can have some type of quality issues but since I switched over to GMC (14) in the last 10 years they've been flawless.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:32 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by fitzys60thgrandsport
I own a 2014 Srt optioned out I bought from Criswell. Mike Furman at Criswell can sell you one if interested. You can walk from his dealer to the Jeep dealer if you dont mind the drive from PA. I got the Pano roof, Harmon Karmon Audio, Full Size spare, Spyder Monkey style wheels in Black Chrome. They gave me a hell of a discount. If you want to discuss more feel free to Pm me and we can chat on the phone. I have two boys with a third on the way and it is my four door corvette. It is probably one of the most fun vehicles I have ever owned. I can go for a spirited drive with my boys and than stop by the grocery store and home depot. The navigation system and Stereo blows away everything on the markit in my opinion. It even has auto headlights high beams, Advanced cruse control, lots of cool things. I am averageing 14mpg city with some highway. I can get 20 on the highway with the new 8 speed auto. It also shuts down four cyclinders like th new corvette and has active exhaust valves. It has adjustable suspension which is very cool and also changes you transmission shift points steering feel and exhaust notes. It compliments my Grand Sport very well.

John
Thank you very much sir!!! You really helped me make me choice. I got the white with the special leather and everything else I could get. I got it for invoice minus $1000. I'm a used car dealer so I have a few friends in the business. I love this thing. Its going to be a great winter. Lol
Old 06-30-2014, 09:43 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

Thank you very much sir!!! You really helped me make me choice. I got the white with the special leather and everything else I could get. I got it for invoice minus $1000. I'm a used car dealer so I have a few friends in the business. I love this thing. Its going to be a great winter. Lol
Congrats....
Old 07-01-2014, 08:27 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

congrats, My summit is white too, with the canyon brown leather. Love it.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:32 AM
fitzys60thgrandsport
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congradulations! You will not regret it. If you have any questions feel free to ask me and I will do my best to answer them. White is such a nice color on the Jeep Srt. I went with Crystal Granite (Dark Grey) because my vette is white and my wifes acura mdx is white so wanted a change. White shows off the darrk headlights and accents so well. The one mod I already did besides front window tint was I got the rear SRT tow hitch cover. It looks real sweet and bumps out and has SRT engraved in it. You also get a day at SRT Track experience you can use in the first year you go to a track event they hold all over the country and drive SRTs performance cars on a track all paid for. Hope you get some sleep I was up the first night all night playing with all the electronic gadgets. I still havent used my launch control yet I am babying it somewhat.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:34 AM
fitzys60thgrandsport
Advanced

congrats, My summit is white too, with the canyon brown leather. Love it.
That is a beautiful color combo! The summit is know slouch either.

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking about getting a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Old 07-01-2014, 08:43 AM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Based on their recent track record, I wouldn't buy a NEW GM vehicle if they were the only maker on a deserted island.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:48 AM
fitzys60thgrandsport
Advanced

Originally Posted by jedblanks
Based on their recent track record, I wouldn't buy a NEW GM vehicle if they were the only maker on a deserted island.
While I totally understand where you are coming I feel really bad for the dealers. My dealer is amazing and treats me and my vehicles with the upmost respect. I get better service and treatment at my Chevy dealer than I do my Acura dealer (which is suppose to be more of a premium luxury line if I dare call it that.) Gm really needs to get on the ball because they owe it to not only there customers but their dealers and there employees afected by this.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:00 AM
fitzys60thgrandsport
Advanced

One more thing I almost forgot. Jeep lets you do Navigation/Radio etc. software updates yourself which is so cool. Go to this sitehttps://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do and enter the last 8 of your vin and see if an update is available. You just download it transfer it to a usb drive and plug it in under the hvac controls in the usb port. It will guide you through the steps. Mine came needing an update and after doing the update it added the SRT apps and that included pandora and a host of others. You can also check local fuel prices instantly by distance for premium fuel. Movie showings and times and the weather. Very cool. Also you can use the srt performance pages app and look at all the cars guages digitally such as Trans temp, oil temp pressure, current torque and horsepower. Also download the uconnect app and you can start and shut off the car unlock and lock it from a smartphone app.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT