Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

I didn't want to - but I had to!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 03:10 PM
KzooVette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I didn't want to - but I had to!!

So lets start by saying that I have MISSED you guys. Its been almost 2 years since I sold the Vert - and honestly, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss having it.

That is - until last weekend . . .

While I know it isn't a Corvette, I really REALLY REALLY love this car.

I hope we can still be friends!!

Last edited by KzooVette; 04-24-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:51 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Ha! While many folks are moving away from heavy, gas guzzlers, you're going in the opposite direction. I'm moving toward lightweight, flingable and efficient vehicles, as premium fuel is now >$4.50/gallon.
Perhaps when I retire, a luxury/sport car may be attractive, but for now, I HATE gas stations.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:29 PM
Donuts
Race Director

Received 113 Likes on 72 Posts

Don't apologize! Super sweet ride! I bought one just like it a couple months ago.

Good luck trying to keep it stock. I went in for a little 650 package and it came out with 775 .. And it still has it's original manners ..
Old 04-23-2014, 05:36 PM
KzooVette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave68
Ha! While many folks are moving away from heavy, gas guzzlers, you're going in the opposite direction. I'm moving toward lightweight, flingable and efficient vehicles, as premium fuel is now >$4.50/gallon.
Perhaps when I retire, a luxury/sport car may be attractive, but for now, I HATE gas stations.
Definitely truthful about the gas mileage - however my previous daily driver was a 2005 Audi S4 (4.2l V8 and all wheel drive) so the this car is not all that much worse on gas and only a couple hundred pounds heavier.

While the S4 is a smidge more precise in terms of steering feel, this big fat Cadillac dances like a ballerina!! I was SHOCKED at how smooth, tight, and light the car feels. You can fling it into corners and it sticks like glue, even in heavy rain. Incredibly planted . . .

So I don't even notice the weight! But I do notice the gas bill. Good thing my commute is only 5 miles!
Old 04-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Stickshiftsteve
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Great loking car you have there!
I have been considering the CTSV coupe - for my next new car after my 2011 Vette.
I am waiting now- to see if they change the 2015 style to be similar to the re-styled sedan.
But - there is a chance GM may not even offer the coupe next year.
We'll see...
Old 04-27-2014, 02:14 AM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Great new car!

Another local forum member was looking at adding another Vette to the garage, but ended up getting a V-coupe instead. Definitely not a bad way to go.

I've been dying to get a V wagon as my next car, but unfortunately circumstances won't allow it.

Enjoy the new ride!

Get notified of new replies

To I didn't want to - but I had to!!

Quick Reply: I didn't want to - but I had to!!