Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Totaled a car and got a new Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 10:29 AM
vittal
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Totaled a car and got a new Jeep

I had a really old Chrysler Cirrus V6 auto that I've been thinking that it's coming time to invest a whole lot of money I didn't have into repairs.
Well about 10 days ago I was going only a couple of hundred feet and got hit in my left rear quarter by a lady that didn't see me turning left and thought I was going straight. Spun my car around and I stopped on the sidewalk facing the the direction I was coming form. The lady ended up in a hedge on the other side of the road. Nobody hurt but my car was totaled and thankfully not my fault.

So I set of finding my next daily driver and the only thing that I was coming back to and that would meet all my criteria was a Jeep.
I wanted something with a V6 or V8 with an auto transmission, preferably with rear wheel drive and one thing I was keeping my eyes open for was a conversion to liquid propane gas witch would make my fuel bill a lot lower (almost 50%).
So the only thing I kept finding was a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a slight off road conversion.
So I went and checked it out it looked good but was on the up most side of my budget. So I wasn't really happy about it. I was trying to get a loan approved from the bank witch wasn't going very well when the insurance company called me and told me I was about $300 more for my damages than I'd hoped for so I went and bought me a Jeep.

Here it is:
Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2002 automatic, V8 4.7L, LPG conversion, Trail master suspension so the car sits a little higher.

First thing I did when I got it was drive it into a ditch full of mud.

Still got a couple of things to do like get another key and fob since I only have one and that's about it. The insurance agent got me insurance that was 50% cheaper than what I was paying for the older car witch means it's costing me less to drive this car than it did the older one.

I'll post some more pictures when there's some nicer weather.