Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

How Porsche is trying to sell the 918

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Carl44
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 53 Posts

Default How Porsche is trying to sell the 918

918 road show misrepresentation

Two months ago I received an invitation to drive the 918 @ the thermal club track. I responded and they set a time to drive the car.
Today some guy from Porsche in Atlanta called and said that in order to participle I would have to go to my local dealer and give them a $200,000 deposit on the car sight unseen. I was also told that if I didn’t like the car I would get a refund.
I told him that Porsche approached me and a deposit was never discussed when I set the appointment. I also told him it was unprofessional and unethical and I would share my experience. He made some type of a soft threat that they would make a note of it and it would affect my relationship with Porsche. I said they went doing me any favors selling me a car.
It’s funny how the car game is the same even though the price changes. I really thought they were above this but I was wrong, they cancelled my test drive.

Im done with porsche, had several 911s GT2s/GT3s. C7 here i come. i drove one on the track and there great.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:35 PM
CitznFish
Drifting

Received 1,347 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Carl44

Two months ago I received an invitation to drive the 918 @ the thermal club track. I responded and they set a time to drive the car.
Today some guy from Porsche in Atlanta called and said that in order to participle I would have to go to my local dealer and give them a $200,000 deposit on the car sight unseen. I was also told that if I didn’t like the car I would get a refund.
I told him that Porsche approached me and a deposit was never discussed when I set the appointment. I also told him it was unprofessional and unethical and I would share my experience. He made some type of a soft threat that they would make a note of it and it would affect my relationship with Porsche. I said they went doing me any favors selling me a car.
It’s funny how the car game is the same even though the price changes. I really thought they were above this but I was wrong, they cancelled my test drive.

Im done with porsche, had several 911s GT2s/GT3s. C7 here i come. i drove one on the track and there great.
weren't
they're

It's hard to take someone seriously when their grammar is **** poor.

In any case, welcome to the poor man's sports car club.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the Vett extravaganza and I hope your C7 to come brings you years of pleasure. Don't forget to wave now...
Old 11-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Carl44
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by CitznFish
weren't
they're

Next time i post ill send it to you for proofing first.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:52 PM
jkcam6017
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carl, welcome to an elite group of sports car enthusiasts. Around here you will find nothing but sophistication, class, respect and support from Corvette owners of all models and generations. Corvette owners are usually pillars of their communities, who graciously share their vast knowledge willingly with the next generation. Corvette ownership is a sacred privilege shared by a very small percentage of exceptional leaders in the sports car community.

Okay, we do have our share of convicted felons, but most of them were wrongly convicted. Really.

Again, welcom.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:53 PM
djfury05
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

weren't
they're

It's hard to take a Grammar **** seriously when their corrections are **** poor. You did not notice "participle" spelled wrong. In addition, he made spelling errors, not grammar errors.

In any case, welcome to the d-bag club.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Snobike Mike
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't we just all be friends??

Old 11-12-2013, 04:02 PM
CitznFish
Drifting

Received 1,347 Likes on 481 Posts

Next time i post ill send it to you for proofing first.
I charge a minute behind the wheel of your GT3 per word I proof. Deal?
Old 11-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Vettrocious
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,119 Likes on 575 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Driving all those cars with a roar immediately in back of your head will at least prepare you to hear that roar somewhat farther behind you...
Old 11-12-2013, 04:08 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Other Cars...nothing to do with the C7 whatsoever.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:13 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome! Soon you can either complement or exchange your P-cars... with some new C7's- a current Z51, the next Z0x, and then the next ZRx.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:15 PM
LT1_E85_Corvette
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a serious amount of money for a test drive, and a spot in line to buy a car.... my mind has been blown.... I love my C7 and you sir will have zero problems with the cars performance. Besides, if you don't like the power, you could always drop a few bucks and get a nice turbo/supercharger kit to match that 918. Welcome tot he club!! (most of us are really nice)
Old 11-12-2013, 04:25 PM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

you suckers are funny and make me laugh. I use waste my time on a sportbike forum now I do it here.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:40 PM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

C7 - We're fans.

When all is said and done, salespeople are trying to separate consumers from their money. There will always be opportunities to forget they're supposed to be providing a service to the customer. They're supposed to get paid for that service, not for pushing a sale.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Roadrunner 73
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gixxerbill
you suckers are funny and make me laugh. I use waste my time on a sportbike forum now I do it here.
Uh oh......I read errors..... Watch out for CitznFish.......

Get notified of new replies

To How Porsche is trying to sell the 918

Quick Reply: How Porsche is trying to sell the 918