Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Porsche owners...Ha!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ARMISTICE
Yes, he's a dink! A few weeks before when he drove past my garage in his Porsche I waved to him and smiled and he just stared at me like I had 4 eyes in my head. A week later he walked past my garage entrance and purposely ignored me when I know nodded my head to him.
Seeing as I just bought the car and I do not horse around in it there would be no reason for him to act in such a way. I don't care if other Vette owners snubbed him and he's retaliating or what...because the fact of the matter was that I tried to be cool and he's a dillweed!
It amazes me how people assume things and then take their assumptions as fact. The truth is you have no idea what this person's expressions or lack of expressions really mean; there are many possibilities. To assume the worse case is frankly myopic on your part.

Here's a quote of mine from a previous post in this thread made in response to your original post:

What you don't know is he just got off the cell phone with the hospital who informed him his wife had taken a turn for the worse. What you saw was him looking your way and shaking his head at what he was facing in life (potential loss of his wife). He immediately jumps in his car (happens to be a Porsche) and speeds off to the hospital to see his wife.

Of course it could be many other things totally unrelated to your Vette. But since you're currently clairvoyant, don't let those possibilities stand in your way.

Last edited by Notch; 09-17-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:52 PM
ST31
Drifting

Originally Posted by 09Z06pj
Most Porsche owners I know are car guys and cool. Sounds like this guy is just a douche.
I'm in agreement

I'm also a porsche owner who has owned and loves corvettes
Old 09-17-2013, 10:10 PM
ARMISTICE
Advanced

Or maybe he's a d-bag and just has issues...as this was his 3rd time snubbing someone trying to be friendly.

And also, it's not hard to tell the difference between a distraught look and one of pure disgust. Quit trying to give credit where it's not due. You now assume I'm the bad guy when all I did was relay a story of someone acting foolish.

Excuse me for being offended by a guy that 3 times in arrow has been a jerk for no more reason than just to be one.

Certainly does not mean ALL Porsche owners are like this, but HE was...hence the story.

(And also end of story, Not worth arguing over something so silly!)
Old 09-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Or maybe he's a d-bag and just has issues...
Yes, that is also a possibility. But to assume you know he is a "d-bag" is very presumptuous on your part. The answer could easily be something different than what you think it is.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:25 PM
ARMISTICE
Advanced

Your right there.
I'll continue to try and be nice. Hopefully he'll change or something changes and if not...then it'll be his loss.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Notch
Safety Car

I'll continue to try and be nice.
That's the spirit.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Periokid
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by barduch
There are plenty of friendly Porsche and Corvette owners. Unfortunately there will always be a few real "RICHARDS" in every segment of the car enthusiast society. Fortunately, there are plenty enough nice folks that one doesn't miss out by just avoiding the overzealous misfits.

You will find jerks on either side of the fence. The Porsche people I hang out with are NOT like that at all.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:28 PM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

So basically he gave you the same look a lot of Corvette owners give Mustang and Camaro owners.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:45 PM
ParisTNDude
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone who paid as much as he did for the Porsche would never let you know they have gotten a bad deal. Porsches are nice, but way overpriced as are most German cars.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:38 PM
imflyinbiya
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by PDCjonny
So basically he gave you the same look a lot of Corvette owners give Mustang and Camaro owners.
This is SO true. I have had many z06's and currently have a very nice 2003 Cobra. Its actually amazing how many d-bag corvette guys there are roaming the streets of Orange County.

I give thumbs up to nice cars no matter if I am in my Prius, Cobra or Expedition.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:42 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by pappy.72

Must not be a car guy to give a reaction like this to such an iconic historical car like the 959.
Seriously? However iconic, or rare, this car is an affront to my eyes. I don't care about how much it costs; IMO, a Veyron is not pretty, and that particular Porsche is even worse looking than a Nissan GTR.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:24 PM
ALMS21
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

I love how everyone just ignores the story telling, drama queen in this thread. Yes, he knows who he is.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:40 AM
CasperDog
Instructor

Default I dont understand

I am a Vette and Porsche owner and have been for dozens of years. Most of my car friends, whether Vette or Porsche, are genuinely great guys. I have never seen the animosity amongst them as I see on this forum, only light-hearted joking abut which car is best and why. I am a great guy and know it, it doesnt matter what you drive or how much $$ you have or not, you are either a jerk or not, there is no correlation between your preference for cars and what type of person you are.

I love all my cars and plan on keeping them for the rest of my days. IMO not one of them is perfect for everything however although all around, in this particular point in history, the C6 vette (ZR1/Z06) is the best thing going regardless of price. I do beleive this will change when they new mid-engine 960/961 series is released for production in (hopefully) 2015.

BTW: I am NOT a troll, I have been a member of this forum for at least 10 years. I did take a "break" for a few years from sports car forums and have been actively participating in the Jeep forums.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:06 PM
londonk
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i to own a new 991 911 and a 13 ZR... i love both cars for different reasons... I'm primarily a GM guy always loved corvettes the most.... what can i say im an American! sucks to here about you neighbor. you should try and break bread with him what the hell life is short.... start off by telling a good porsche joke! walk over one day and say hey how are you.....do you know what the deference between a porcupine and a porsche is?????? he would say aaaaa no!! you say on the porcupine all the ****** are on the outside!!! He has to laugh at that point ... and off to a good friendship you go.. try it i did and im good with my neighbor now. he talked me into buying my first 911 .... love that damed car!!
Old 10-05-2013, 06:08 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC5
Please don't lump all Porsche owners together as snobs. I have had a few Porsches in my garage and they get the same admiration as my Corvette even if one is worth 200 times my car. Anyone interested in a Canepa Design 1988 Porsche 959S with 300 miles on it? It is 1 of 29 built. There is one up for bid asking $935,000. I'll take $800,000 right now.

No offense but that red 959 sure looks dated...wow
Old 10-08-2013, 08:52 PM
ALMS21
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
No offense but that red 959 sure looks dated...wow
...and I wouldn't pay $80,000 for it; let alone $800,000. Always thought the car looked like ***. Just my opinion.

The new 991 GT3?
Old 10-14-2013, 02:38 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

My 1983 Porsche 944 will out perform most 9-series Porsche cars.

Here's why............

I love to pick on the p-car owners. They don't like me much.

Get notified of new replies

To Porsche owners...Ha!

Old 10-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ST31
I'm in agreement

I'm also a porsche owner who has owned and loves corvettes
Don't blame the car blame the fool driving it. Some of the best car guys I know own Porsches all of them love classic cars from all countries. This guy is not the norm !
Old 10-17-2013, 05:37 PM
02-z28
Safety Car

Maybe your car looks riced out and he just thinks it is ridiculous...?
Old 10-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EuroRod
My 1983 Porsche 944 will out perform most 9-series Porsche cars.

Here's why............

I love to pick on the p-car owners. They don't like me much.
Thats not a V8 shoe horned in that 944 is it ! Man that would be a weapon ! Did you do that or buy it like that ? WOW