Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Need a Good Porsche 928 Forum...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Mid-Years Forever!
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a Good Porsche 928 Forum...

Hi all,

I usually hang out in C3 Land, but I want to become more knowledgeable about the Porsche 928 series (ran from 1978-1995). I've had poor luck finding a forum so far. One looked decent, but charges a membership fee. Another with a paywall doesn't even let you in to see content until you pay.

Thank you, in advance.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:40 PM
apriliacati
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't rennlist have a 928 section?
Old 09-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Mid-Years Forever!
Instructor

Originally Posted by apriliacati
Doesn't rennlist have a 928 section?
aprilacati,

Thank you for your prompt response--and yes, rennlist does have a 928 section. And from what I read there, it's pretty well done, with some knowledgeable folks. However, unless I'm mistaken, if you want to search, open/close threads, etc..., you have to become a paid member.

But I could be wrong about that--I haven't selected a screen name yet, so I'm not yet a member. However, that's partly because I did get routed to a page that had three levels of membership, and the first (unpaid) could not open/close threads, etc..., and the second could. The third level of membership was "Lifetime." I'm sorry, but I can't remember the prices at the moment (which is unlike me).

Having failed, on my own, to find a (good) free site (I found some lame ones), I'm just tapping into the "brain trust," here--thanks for being a member.

There did seem to a lot of deep expertise there, on rennlist, so that's where I may end up, paywall or no. And I guess I can't begrudge someone for trying to monetize their website. I guess I'm just spoiled by the "Interweb 1.0" type of websites, like this one--i.e., free.

Thank you, again. Perhaps your sincere effort will prompt others to contribute, as well.

Cheers.

Peter
Old 09-02-2013, 11:05 PM
BSheppard
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe this one?
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...chnical-forum/
Old 09-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Mid-Years Forever!
Instructor

Originally Posted by BSheppard
Hey--that's definitely one I didn't see before--thanks! I'm checking it out now. It appears that it may not have the depth of Rennlist, but that's okay. One thing I don't like about Rennlist is that it seems you cannot simply copy the url of a page, and put it in your files, for future reference. So this "pelican site" may be useful in that it doesn't have that drawback.

Thanks very much!

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm still looking. I haven't found the equivalent of CF, but for Porsches, yet.

Peter
Old 09-04-2013, 01:52 PM
geezerman
Racer

Originally Posted by Mid-Years Forever!
Hey--that's definitely one I didn't see before--thanks! I'm checking it out now. It appears that it may not have the depth of Rennlist, but that's okay. One thing I don't like about Rennlist is that it seems you cannot simply copy the url of a page, and put it in your files, for future reference. So this "pelican site" may be useful in that it doesn't have that drawback.

Thanks very much!

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm still looking. I haven't found the equivalent of CF, but for Porsches, yet.

Peter
i'm on "www.6speedonline.com",..a very good "Porsche-centric" forum,...you might wanna give them a look-see?...the other one's mentioned are very good too!,..glad to give a fellow car-nut different "forums" ta look at!,..i love this one!,..and ALWAYS learn new and great info not only about vettes!,..but lots of other marques as well,..so,..the more info,.the better!...wishing you great research my friend...

Last edited by geezerman; 09-04-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: miss-speling
Old 12-01-2013, 11:13 AM
ST31
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mid-Years Forever!
aprilacati,

Thank you for your prompt response--and yes, rennlist does have a 928 section. And from what I read there, it's pretty well done, with some knowledgeable folks. However, unless I'm mistaken, if you want to search, open/close threads, etc..., you have to become a paid member.
Rennlist is a great site for information. There is no cost to join and after you create a login you can post questions as well.

Get notified of new replies

To Need a Good Porsche 928 Forum...

Quick Reply: Need a Good Porsche 928 Forum...