Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

dodge cop cars

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:48 PM
rayluka
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Default dodge cop cars

Where can you find an auction to buy a Dodge Cop Car? Ive seen websites that get them and they "refurbish" them then ask full price. Dont want that
Old 08-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Stay away from the Chargers. They have been royal pains to the police car service techs (and to the departments). The brakes are particularly bad in the 2010 and older vehicles.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Caeruleus Diabolus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave68
Stay away from the Chargers. They have been royal pains to the police car service techs (and to the departments). The brakes are particularly bad in the 2010 and older vehicles.
I was actually considering buying one as well and equipping it with emergency lights as my response vehicle (Fire Rescue). I've read good reviews on them and figured they'd be a work horse like the Crown Vic interceptor.

Because of your comment, I'll have to do more research before buying one. Possibly consider a different vehicle.

To the OP, the state auctions are the best best. But you more than likely won't be able to drive any of them before you buy. So you'd have to ask yourself if you're feeling lucky.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Caeruleus Diabolus

To the OP, the state auctions are the best best. But you more than likely won't be able to drive any of them before you buy. So you'd have to ask yourself if you're feeling lucky.
I bought a 89 Caprice ex cop car one time without a test drive. The rear end made to different sounds on the way home. One sound when you stepped on the gas and another sound when you let off the gas. When we dropped the gear fluid it looked like dark mercury and everything was replaced. Later the 700R4 went out and for a few brief moments it sounded like a hail storm inside the transmission. Was it worth it for $900? not really...
Old 08-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

One of our company Crown Vin Interceptor's lost its granny at about 130,000 miles. A facory replacement runs $2500-$3000. Used ones can be found with <60k miles for $800 or so.

Get notified of new replies

To dodge cop cars